Favorite sideswipe?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Aug 22, 2020.

?

Who’s your favorite?

1. G1

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Marvel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Armada

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Idw

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Bayverse

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. FoC

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. *shudders* rid15 sideswipe *vomits*

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  8. Siege

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Learned never to go on deviantart ever again

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Here’s mine ranked:

Wfc/FoC
    G1
    Siege
    Armada
    Bayverse
    idw
    Marvel

-99888888753211234555667711235567899 Rid15 sideswipe

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper And awaaaaaay we go!

News Credits:
    Rid 15 sideswipe was actually kinda good had more character than siege and bayverse did.

All time favorite is probably Armada.

• Like Like x 4
  3. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Well-Known Member

WFC Sideswipe is good. RID Sideswipe is a jerk, but not bad. Armada Sideswipe.. Is he really Sideswipe?? I prefer his original name from Micron Legend. (Stepper)

4. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek is hate, Shrek is Hell. Veteran

Generally speaking, none. Sideswipe is rarely the most annoying character, but he's the most boring, bland, generic, and dull Transformer in almost every series he appears in. I don't understand his appeal to so many fans. Is it that Sunstreaker was his twin? Is it because he was one of the original Autobot characters in 1984? I have no idea, and I don't care. I just strongly disagree with it; sometimes, it seems like Transformers fans care for or desire the most boring and bland characters or scenarios to be featured, and Sideswipe is a good example of that,.

If you were to twist my arm, I would probably say WFC, just because his "RoBro" line is kind of amusing.

5. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

I like the Sunbow G1 version the most. Michael Bell's performance is an extra plus and I always liked his interactions with Corey Burton's Sunstreaker. They really work well as twins (Xamot and Tomax from G.I. Joe being another good example of that).

Bayverse Sideswipe would be a close second. I particularly loved James Remar's performance in DOTM. He had a lot of class and badassery in the role.

High Moon Sideswipe was just a generic grunt. One of the many High Moon characters to feel rather generic.

RiD 2015 Sideswipe is a very inconsistent character. Sometimes he was pretty fine, and reminded me a lot of RiD 2001 Side Burn, but there were other times where he was kinda insufferable. Still, I have seen worse characters (TFP Arcee, TFA Sentinel, Energon Kicker, Headmasters Chromedome, etc.), and when he was good, he did shine.

Marvel G1, Armada and IDW Sideswipe were just there. Never left an impression on me.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    Designwise I own Seige Siders, and since he's more akin to his G1 sunbow design I picked that.

I don't know what his Seige character is like. But Sideswipe as a rough whole has always been something of a wild child and I like that.

I like his RiD15 personality for the above reason, but the design is stupid. He looks like a french fry smothered in ketchup. And so, in our house he is known as French-fry Head.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I hate Armada Side Swipe because he's a stupid character who single handedly ruined the only good episode of that series. Past didn't even need to be a two parter and the better Wheeljack and Hotshot story felt complete without basically retelling the cliffnotes version along with Side Swipe's stupid character introduction and back story. All he does is follow Blurr around like a lap dog even though Blurr hates it and makes Blurr regret saving his life... which I don't blame him. He's basically a clingy stalker.

RID Sideswipe just has a stupid design... It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the spiky anime hair. Not only is it stupid because no other series does that but no other robots in his own show even look like that so it just stands out even more as a stupid design design choice when everyone else in the show actually has the typical helmet design you'd expect and no Spiky Anime hair.

So those the worst Sideswipes... or Side Swipes...

Weirdly my favorite is actually MOVIE Sideswipe because he happens to be one of the few movie designs I actually like... And the Cyberverse Missions shorts gave him a bit more character than the actual movies did.

Every other Sideswipe or Side Swipe is barely even a character and that's saying a lot when a guy who only has two memorable scenes, a web short, and one memorable line has more character than everyone else who I can't remember at all. I mean WfC/FoC has a cool design too and looks more like the original character but I literally can't remember a single thing he did in those games.

G1 Sideswipe I only remember from that one episode where he gives Optimus a Jetpack... even though Optimus was just flying without the use of the jetpack before Sideswipe gave it to him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

G1 Baby! Bright arrest-me red 80's Lamborghini Countach >>>>> Everything.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Currently the Christmas Ryuko Dude.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    G1 Swipe was boring. IDW Sideswipe had an actual character arc and development as a character instead of being defined by his relationship to his brother.

10. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

C'mon RID2015 Sideswipe wasn't that bad. Actually, he's probably one of the most realized versions of the character. Putting aside his dumb looking fake-hair, he always acted in a way the likes of the G1 cartoon or WFC/FoC alluded to but never really committed fully. He was a hot-shot rebel who always followed his own rules and scoffed authority figures, to the point of not even worshipping Optimus(which is both stupid yet kind of ballsy), as well as being a bit of a prankster. And deep down, despite not showing it he was riddled with insecurities, always afraid of what people thought of him. He had some episodes that worked in his favor, like when Grimlock started attacking everyone suddenly and he was the only one who thought something wasn't right, or the one where he takes the blame for Slipstream when he accidentally broke Drift's sword, or the one where he splits into two separate personalities, and honestly he needed more of those, especially since they kinda came really late. I also liked his fanbo-...er, admiration for Jazz and Windblade and wish they'd explore them more(moreso Jazz's). And the whole thing with Strongarm, it was really obvious at some point the writers wanted to make them an item(and I totally don't ship them or anything).
    Also, he reminds me of another certain cocky Hasbro character I have a huge fondness for
    HMMMM I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE?

Anyway the real answer is Shattered Glass Sideswipe, but he's not on the list, so I pick RID2015 followed by IDW1

Animated Sideswipe had probably the most interesting concept and I wish it had been more expanded upon, had they been able to continue with season 4. The mini comic he got was pretty ace though

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well of course G1 but Seige is my next cause that mold is just as good as the orginal figure. I couldn't really choose on anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Magnus Leader

Magnus Leader Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm going with G1 because that's the best option on the list.

Movie Sideswipe is also great too. Probably the most well-executed of the Bay Movie Autobots.

I also love the grumpy, retired soldier turned cop that we saw in the Animated comics.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    I think we all need to accept that Sideswipe has been a non-entity in almost every form of media, to the extent that I thought this was a vote on the best Sideswipe toy as apposed to the best incarnation of the character.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Revoticus

Revoticus Well-Known Member

I picked G1 because I think he has a cool design and also I like the voice actor in his other roles, so I'm actually just voting for the voice actor right now...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    I can’t believe this is even a poll.

G2 Sideswipe. Always and forever.

BE528D9F-5D24-4EF9-9C86-AC750F200BFB.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  16. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I like Bayverse if only because for his neat design. But as has been said, Sideswipe is one of those characters who is only still relevant because he was one of the first we saw. In general, he's pretty unremarkable for himself, rather for his super off-the-wall characterizations (like G2) or being Sunstreaker's brother.

17. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Idw or G2

18. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Wow all the hate for poor Sidey. What's wrong with being just a default bot?
    I think I preferred him as G1 "just there guy" rather than IDW or G2's "GunHo guy". Default grunt mode suits someone like Brawn better in my opinion.
    Plus in G1 he had a cool design and sweet toy, probably one of the best original Autobot cars (much better attempt at a countach bot compared to Sunstreaker IMO).

• Like Like x 7
  19. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Snarks about old cartoons

G1 Sideswipe for me. But he's had a lot of fun traits across various incarnations, all basically true to the same character archetype (the youthful, smug, cocky/confident type who struts around with an "I'm so awesome. I'm better than you" swagger)

I think you could do well to combine a few of them. Take G1's voice and overall personality and camaraderie with Sunstreaker, mix in the more devil-may-care and rough-around-the-edges nature of RiD15 Sideswipe and the skill level and more directly boastful confidence of Bayverse Sideswipe. Make him the most arrogant, braggadocios, march-to-the-beat-of-his-own drum d-bag he can possibly be. To the point that he would be easily hated if it didn't also turn out that he had this sort of relaxed Han Solo type charm to him that's impossible not to like.

• Like Like x 9
  20. AMG

AMG Old School

G1 Cartoon.

a80a5ba7f5fb1841c91a979e52ce238d.jpg

Also my favorite G1 Autobot car mold.

r_sideswipe056.jpg

• Like Like x 6