Favorite megatron ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jun 6, 2020.

?

who is your favorite megatron?

1. G1

34 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. Marvel comics

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Dreamwave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bayverse

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Animated

24 vote(s)
    21.8%
  6. Prime

18 vote(s)
    16.4%
  7. WFC/FoC

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Cyberverse

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. IDW1

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  10. IDW2

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Pretty Fly, For A Bi Guy

YouTube (Legacy):
    IDW Megs because he had the most development as a character, even if the Autobot arc was just kinda slapped on. He went from a peasant opposing the oppressive government and society to exactly what he went against, becoming a brutal dictator/warlord in an arc reminiscent of Marx/Lenin/Stalin.

2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Honestly, after watching Cyberverse, I absolutely loved their version of Megatron. The writers knew that Megatron basically is a one-note Charlie, but instead of tacking on sympathetic aspects (which never ends well, since it makes the character much blander than he should be), the writers embraced the one-note aspects and did what the G1 writers did: they just decided to have fun with the character.

Seriously, this was a Megatron that did get humilliated in hilarious ways, but he didn't fuck around (the brutal beating he gave Starscream in the second episode of season two is proof of that). I particularly enjoyed Marc Thompson's performance. It worked pretty well and the accent just added a unique touch to his take on the role.

The only flaw of this Megatron is the fact that he wasn't used as the final bad guy. Instead, they just shoehorned Megatron X, which really should have been this Megatron with a Matrix upgrade instead of an alternate reality Megatron. Would have been much more satisfying to have this Megatron engage in a final battle with Optimus instead of having him go down like a chump.

So yeah, if I were to rank my top five Megatrons now (including the Beast Era one despite being basically a successor to a previous Megatron and just working in his own way to avoid making the same mistakes his predecessor did), this is who they'd be:

1) Beast Machines
    2) Marvel G1
    3) Cyberverse
    4) Beast Wars
    5) Sunbow G1

Honorable mention: RiD 2001 Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

I like the idea of not only seeing the fall of Megatron, but also him redeeming himself, so IDW.
    Granted it could've been done better.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, except for the fact that he was a terrible leader. His tactics were bafflingly self-destructive and redundant, never actually accomplishing anything, just having all his victories more or less fall into his lap. And the few good things he had going for him he squandered like a buffoon, like the Predacons. He gets Shockwave to make him an army of Predacons, but then fears they'll rebel against him, ordering them destroyed... which makes Predaking rebel against him. He wasn't coherent at all, destroying his most loyal and capable soldier for his most useless and treacherous one for the weakest and most mind-boggling reasons.

I wouldn't say he had a strong mind, either. He spent his time comatose fighting Optimus over and over in his head. That makes him seem like a simpleton who only thinks about fighting, rather than his fantasy be a vision of his victory and what that would entail/how he envisions it. He only escaped such a state because Arcee and Bumblebee invaded his mind, he only discovered the relic locations because Optimus happened to lose his memory, he only gained the Insecticons because Airachnid happened to get captured, he only gained Predaking because Shockwave happened to show up with him, etc. Megatron never set out to accomplish a goal and then achieve it, things just happened to move the plot along for him.

Also his face was silly. His eyes were too large and googly and his eyesbrows were too large. He also had a weirdly short head which didn't really imply intelligence when there was barely any space between his eye line and top of his head. And his mouth never looked right especially with the silly little Domo teeth.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot What does God need with a starship?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Alright, so he had some issues....

But, he's kind of like G1 Galvatron(brain zap), Unicron's dark energon was a hell of a drug. Both of them, once they came back to themselves realized that fighting was not going to accomplish what they wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I feel like a lot of Megatron's are missing... I'm going to rank them in two categories, design and portrayal... because my favorite designs are not really my favorite portrayals...

Design

RID2001
    Optimal
    TM2
    WfC/FoC (Tie between the two games.)
    Cyberverse X
    Prime Wars Trilogy
    Cyberverse Main
    Animated Earth Mode
    Transmetal
    BW
    Prime
    Animated Cybertron Mode
    TLK
    Siege
    Armada
    DotM
    Control Harness
    G1
    Fortress Head
    2007movie
    RotF
    Energon (Not a bad design just isn't really Megatron, I always see him as Galvatron)
    Cybertron
    Unicron possessed Prime

Portrayal

Cyberverse X
    Beast Era
    Animated
    Cyberverse main
    WfC/FoC
    Siege
    Prime
    Prime Wars Trilogy
    G1
    RID2001
    UT
    Bayverse

7. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

Armada had the most memorable design. It was my first Megatron and to this day he quite stands out without being too over-the-top.

Animated had the coolest alt - helicopter form is underrated for Megatron ; it's anytime cooler than tank, spaceship or gun.

WfC/FoC had the best portrayal. He's violent, quick-tempered, dense as a black hole, crazy and just refuses to die. That time he got so mad at Zeta for defying him he ordered bombers to bombard the Autobot citadel, only for them to be shot down by defense canons, then blamed them instead of his rash decisions while they burnt to death, that's how far gone he is. You just want to frag this jerk.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. StoneLion2314

StoneLion2314 Well-Known Member

Its a hard one for me it's a toss up between the sweet G1 megatron and that voice which was just epic and the transformers Prime megatron as I feel they fleshed him out a bit more in prime.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Voidseeker

Voidseeker Active Member

1. G1 Marvel Megatron/WFC Megatron

2. 07 Bayverse Megatron/Beast war's Beast machines Megatron and IDW Megatron

3. G1 Cartoon/Armada Megatron

4. FOC Megatron/Animated Megatron

5. Shattered glass Megatron

Honorable mention: Prime Megatron despite his many faults like squandering opportunities and admiring the walls of the nemesis, I still found him to be a pretty badass dude when it came down to it he retrieved many relics went to unimaginable lengths just to put down optimus and had enough willpower to resist a multiversal being. Mad respect with that said I don't think he's fit to lead he's more of a warrior he just really doesn't posses any leadership qualities he still does a better job, than robot's in disguise megatron though.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  10. Hot head prime

Hot head prime The death trooper who laughs

G1 is the most iconic
    Beast Era was the best
    Animated was the BESTEST
    Prime ( aligned) was one of the greatest villains of all time

Honorable mentions
    Armada ( just armada)
    Cyberverse( a good modern update but didn't have enough screen time like animated or Prime did due to the spot light being given to bumblebee too much)

Worst
    RiD 2001
    Baybomination verse

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Knight

Chris Knight Member

I've always been partial to G1 Megs. The classic design and Frank Welker's voice just go together too well. However, it's worth noting that I actually like BW Megatron almost as much. David Kaye was so perfect for that character. TM2 is my favorite design.

I really did like Dreamwave Megatron as far as comics are concerned, though.