Favorite megatron ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jun 6, 2020.

?

who is your favorite megatron?

1. G1

34 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. Marvel comics

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Dreamwave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bayverse

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Animated

24 vote(s)
    21.8%
  6. Prime

18 vote(s)
    16.4%
  7. WFC/FoC

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Cyberverse

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. IDW1

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  10. IDW2

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

I've never been a huge Megatron fan. With the exception of BW/BM Megatron, who seems to be considered a separate entity from other Megatrons, he's more or less just a generic evil overlord, albeit with more charisma than most (in some shows, anyway). I always liked Shockwave, Soundwave, and Starscream more. That being said, of the listed options, my favorites are G1 cartoon Megatron (due to a wonderfully hammy performance by Frank Welker), WFC/FOC Megatron (one of the most intimidating Megatrons), and Animated Megatron (the first Megatron I actually saw). G1 Marvel Megatron is also pretty good; he just didn't do a whole lot compared to Shockwave, Galvatron, Ratbat, or Scorponok. Of the choices, and because of my general lack of investment in Megatron, I guess I'll have to reveal the G1-er in me and go with cartoon Megs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

I think that's one of the many reasons why I liked the Marvel G1 comics the most as a continuity despite its flaws, Optimus and Megatron actually were benched for quite a bit of issues, which is something that I absolutely liked, because they were able to focus on other characters rather than having OP and Megs around for almost every story (like seasons one and two of G1 did, where Optimus and Megatron were only absent for one or two episodes while appearing in all the rest).

• Like Like x 1
  3. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Banned

oh, ok
    I know
    This Megatron

4. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Time travel

it’s a major plot of the show

but they are both a Megatrons

5. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

Armada Megatron left the biggest impression on me in animation. David Kaye's voice and the combination of being a somewhat honourable villain was cool to me.

G1 Megatron's iconography permeates the franchise so often (even through shows like Animated and Cyberverse), that it is the most recognizable design. G1 Megatron in the 86 movie and the 80s comics was the best part of that incarnation.

I also have a soft spot for 2007 movie Megatron.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Honestly Animated is my pick, simply because he's such a different version of Megatron - he's more a long-term strategist and manipulator instead of the big brute leading the charge as he typically is. Not to say he couldn't kick ass when he needed to - indeed, a whole fight scene between him and the Dinobots from the end of S1 was removed because the team thought it was excessive how much ass he was kicking in the whole episode and the cut sequence was him curbstomping the trio anyway. On top of all that, he's technically the second most successful Megatron of all time given he actually got what he wanted each season and only lost either through the Autobots having to make a sacrifice (AllSpark getting blown up) or his own hubris (sticking Starscream's head into the Spacebridge to supercharge it despite Bulkhead's warnings).

He's so great, in fact, that his greatness spawned an entirely new character dedicated to worshiping how great he is and that's why Lugnut is now a legacy character.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These posts are simply [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  8. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Beast Era, with Animated a close second.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mack superliner

Mack superliner Well-Known Member

G1 megatron was / is / always will be the best, talking about personality and essence , the g1 represents exactly what a tyrant is and at the same time the gun mode suits pretty good , none of the others can beat G1, beast wars is also good, could be the apprentice from g1 , in general both are great

• Like Like x 1
  10. Magnus Leader

Magnus Leader Young Optimus Prime is the Best Optimus Prime.

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Animated Megatron, the most competent and threatening one of the lot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

This question isn’t asking about all of the characters who share a name. It’s asking about all of the characters who are clearly meant to be alternate versions of the same classic “Megatron” archetype. What you are arguing is like responding to someone’s question about who is everyone’s favorite version of Peter Parker Spider-Man by saying, “why isn’t Miles Morales an option? He’s also Spider-Man!” While Miles is a person who uses the name Spider-Man, he is not an alternate version of Peter Parker. There was a Peter Parker before him. That Peter Parker would be part of the list, but Miles wouldn’t.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Geeeewuuunnn! But, I still like all Megatron's...G1 is just what I grew up with and remember most fondly. BW would probably be my #2.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Primeultra

BS

The question was simply 2 words,
    FAVORITE MEGATRON ?

Even Beast Wars Megatron, at his inception could have been called an “alternate version of the classic archetype“ since at the time they weren’t sure where they were going with the story.

And regardless of how the fictional backstory/history of the character unfolded, for all intents and purposes he is the Megatron of that series

It’s really not quite that at all since that Question is for more specific

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  14. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

The OP said clearly in the description
    If there were any debate here, it would be whether RiD Megatron is a version of G1 or BW Megatron since he fights against Optimus Prime and his Autobots and turns into Galvatron, but he leads the Predacons and sounds vaguely like David Kaye. Not to mention he’s not even called Megatron in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Marvel Shockwave is my favorite Megatron.

16. Primeultra

...that he/she wasn’t counting BWMegs because “he’s a different character“

And like I clearly replied....Every single Megatron on his list was a different character then the other Megatrons on the list

This issue was pretty much put to bed already so I’m not sure what purpose you gotten bringing it back up
    What is called in a different country is not really an issue for debate nor is the voice actor

17. Magnus Leader

Magnus Leader Young Optimus Prime is the Best Optimus Prime.

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    What Magnum Dongus means is that BW/BM Megatron is a descendant of the original, classic Megatron, and thus is not a Megatron in the same vein as the original.

The rest of the Megatrons are different incarnations of the classic Megatron, but if they had animalistic descendants, then those Megatrons would be considered different incarnations of BW/BM Megatron due to being descendants of the original Megatrons in their own timelines.

It's similar to how Optimus Primal is a separate character from Optimus Prime in the G1 continuity, but is usually grouped together with the rest of the Optimus Primes in character discussions due to being more well-written than the majority of most incarnations of the original, classic character.

I apologize if I hadn't worded this post in the best way possible for reading and understanding.

18. Primeultra

I understand that and as I said this was already settled so I didn’t see the purpose of bringing it back up

But in a greater sense it’s still doesn’t matter, because that “Descendent” story point was something that was included After the characters inception

You can look at it two ways, if you’re going to look at the “big picture“ then they’re all different characters

if you’re gonna look at it from a “small picture” Then for all intents and purposes BWMegs is the Megatron from that series

19. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Animated Megatron. Never fuck with him. Just ask Starscream

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Prime and IDW.

• Like Like x 2