Favorite Line of Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VictoryBot93, Jan 30, 2017.

1. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

Couldn't find a thread like this so I thought I'd toss one up.

I just can't help but admire all the various lines/sublines we've gotten with Transformers. From design aspects to gimmicks I honestly believe most of them are very easy to like. Whether it's the mainlines, cartoons, adult-oriented, 3rd Party, films, past or present. There's so much to enjoy.

So I have to know; which one is your personal favorite & why?

I'm currently stuck between TR & RID2015. TR just has so much playability & many unique characters, while RID2015 is great with its simplicity & cool asthetic. I'll also mention the AOE Dinobots as being very fun with their striking colors & cool transformations.

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    CW

• Like Like x 3
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    CW (or better: UW) and TR

• Like Like x 2
  4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Fall of Cybertron
    Prime
    Prime Beast Hunters

This was the Prime of my collecting if you will(;) ). The lines had fun figures in them and were just so enjoyable for me. Minus the Autobot cassettes and Whirl I pretty much bought up every FOC figure, they are really great quality figures that are under appreciated. These are the lines that really got me in with such fun and easy transformations that gave me a reason to pick them off my shelves instead of the movie figures who were too hard to transform and made me not want to pick up as much. Sadly they had to take the transformation way to far with those stinking one steps a few years later but still.

and of course Combiner Wars, such great figures with fun transformations. Guys like Dead End, Rook, Swindle, & Hound are some of my favorites of the line. And I love how CW Computron, Superion, Menasor, & Bruticus look sitting on my shelves. Of course this is where distribution really dipped in quality but I was able to get most of what I wanted well except Sky Lynx, as far as I know he never was released and he is going for insane prices online.

I would of said Titans Return but the distribution is causing me to lose a majority of my enjoyment in the line. Sure a lot of them like Blurr, Brainstorm, Astrotrain, & Getaway are nice and some of my favorite figures but it kind of sucks having to pay double what I would at Walmart for half of this line. The uncertainty of completing of Wave 3 and all of Wave 4 (and any coming afterwards) is what has caused me to move away from TFs for things like Marvel Legends and RWBY merchandise like blind boxes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars by a million miles for me. Never before have I come so close to being a completeionist for a Transformers line.

[​IMG]

Second is Generations, and Thrilling 30th in particular.

[​IMG]

Third is Titans Return. Still not a fan of Headmasters but there are some really great figures in this line.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Animated. The asthetic and engineering was superb.

• Like Like x 2
  7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generations. The era around 2010 gave me some of my favorite toys in my collection. I also like to use this line as a "catch-all" for everything from the 2006 Classics line to the current Titans Return and similarly scaled 3rd Party toys.

Masterpiece is another favorite, though that goes without saying and I figure will likely dominate the responses.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say Titans Returns and the 2010 lines are the greatest.

Titans Return for their fun playability, the 2010 lines for amazing engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Classics (all encompassing lines of G1 updates)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Beast Wars
    RID 2001
    Cybertron
    Animated
    Generations
    Masterpiece

• Like Like x 3
  11. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Being a (now) 40 year-old I obviously really enjoyed the first couple of years we got Transformers in America. Once my son was born (2008) I slowly started buying newer stuff here and there I thought he might enjoy. His absolute favorite is the Titans Return line and I have to say I really enjoy it as well. The other two big ones for him are Cyberverse and MechTech. He loves the fun and simplicity of the Cyberverse line (both movie and Prime) and while I might not care too much for MechTech stuff he absolutely adores all the crazy weapon things. Image that? A kid likes a toy gimmick made for kids, heh. I also enjoy the Platinum line and enjoy seeing what all we get out of that along with the older Takara Encore line.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Titans return. Finally giving us a new pmop toy. Which is my favorite incarnation of prime and favorite transformer of all time. I would have picked cw, but there are way too many misses(menasor, transformers that were never combiners that are suddenly combiners, too many reuse of same mold, qc issues, loose AF combiner joints making all combined figures wobbly, those ugly hands and feet).

• Like Like x 1
  13. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Cybertron and rotf

• Like Like x 1
  14. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I have to say Combiner Wars and Titans Return.

It's been great getting updates of obscure characters like Weirdwolf, Defensor, Doublecross and Chop Shop.

When I say Titans Return I include the Takara versions. Blurr and Hardhead are perfect to me. I'll never need another version of either character.

Wheelie has been an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

I'm really looking forward to Quake, Krok, Chase, Skyshadow and Topspin.

I really hope the rumour of a Titanmaster Battletrap is true. Flywheels from Megatron would be nice too.

Before these 2 lines I haven't been excited about new toys in years. They really do deserve a proper animated series if only to bring back the G1 aesthetic. While I enjoy RID and Prime as shows I long for the old aesthetic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Veleno

Veleno Solar Plexus Clown Gliders

Cybertron, HFTD and Generations.

• Like Like x 1
  16. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Presently, Combiner Wars. But for nostalgia, Beast Wars will always have a special place in my heart!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

Revenge of the Fallen (and I guess HFTD counts too). Go ahead, crucify me. I'm a filthy heretic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Revenge of the fallen and its sub lines, toy lines no longer excite me the way that line did i use to hunt every secound day and i would find a new toy every week these days not so much infact not at all most the time

• Like Like x 3
  19. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Uberbot

News Credits:
    For me, it's the Generations line as a whole (that is, WfC, FoC, T30, CW, and TR). Basically, the main line not associated with movies or cartoons has been killing it since 2010. If I had to choose a specific subline, that would be tough. Right now, I'd say it's a tie between Thrilling 30 and Titans Return. We'll see how I feel at the end of this year once TR wraps up.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

You mean I have to pick one? How the hell do I pick one when I love nearly all of them?!

• Like Like x 3