Favorite/Least Favorite Combiner Teams

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favourite are the Constructicons. Their very name and role as engineers always made their combination abilities feel logical, it was gimmicky with the others.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Favourite: Contructicons. Davastator is the original and the best. Plus the individual Constructicons have been given the most characterisation over the years.

Least favourite: Aerialbots. They even helped to create Optimus Prime and they're still bland. Silverbolt is scared of flying you say? But he's a plane!!!
    ZZzzzzzzzzz...

3. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Favorite: Defensor. I like his toy design despite one of the limbs being a motorcycle. Aside from that he has a neat forcefield and I've always had a soft spot for First Aid. Devastator would be my second favorite.

Least: Menasor. I liked the individual bots well enough but never cared for their combined form. This was a tough decision between these guys and Road Caesar.

4. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Favourite: Defensor and Menasor: Both solid chunky combiners.

Least Favourite: Superion, the seperate modes are nice, but combined he is spindly and floppy.

5. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    My fav would be the combaticons. Each member of the team seemed to have real distinct personalities.

Didn't like the seacons. colour scheme was a g2 before g2 and the limb figures all just looked weird. plus little in the way of characterisation.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    My favorite would have to be Liokaiser and Landcross.

Don't really have a least fav, since my fav part of transformers IS combining bots

7. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

In general, the Autobot combiners are a little boring. The Aerialbots are all kinda uniform and samey... they're red & white fighter jets. Silverbolt and Slingshot are the only ones with distinct personalities.

The Combaticons are popular because 1) they're all visually distinct, 2) Onslaught and Swindle are awesome characers, 3) military vehicles are just cool. Usually combiner units are practically without personality. I'd have a hard time telling you what Skydive or Streetwise are like, because they both probably have 10 lines of dialogue each. The Combaticons just stand out, and Swindle and Onslaught are probably the coolest and most memoriable combiner parts ever. Bruticus is also one of the better toys. He's only overshadowed by Predaking and Piranhacon in the toy department. Devastator looks cool but the guy just won't hold together like Bruticus will.

The Constructicons are big because they were the first, and had the most screentime. Scrapper, Hook and Long Haul seem to be the most memoriable of the team. Scavenger, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher rarely ever say anything.

The Predacons don't have a lot of personality, but they deserve a spot because they had the best toy by far, with the Seacons in a distant second.

I do think the Terrorcons are by far the worst, though, and it's all due to their toys. The colors are so bad they look like knockoffs, not official transformers. And their altmodes and robot modes are equally bad, with limbs hanging off everywhere and dinky arms. Blot may be one of the worst toys in all of G1. Seriously, what the heck is he? And his robot mode and beast modes are practically identical! That's lazy. The only good thing about the Terrorcons is Hun-Grrr. Grab him and skip the rest.

So, tl;dr:
    Best Fiction Wise: Combaticons, Constructicons, Aerialbots (If only for War Dawn and the Key to Vector Sigma)
    Best Toy Wise: Predacons, Seacons
    Worst Fiction Wise: Protectobots
    Worst Toy Wise: Terrorcons

8. solvalavan12

solvalavan12 New Member

The Stunticons is my favourite because of their amazing combined robot mode and because one of their members is breakdown, who has always been one of my favourite TFs. But, my least favourite is Aerialbots.

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Favs
    Computron, Piranahcon, Predaking & Abominus

Least Favs
    Menasor & Superion

10. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Favourite team is the Stunticons, hands down. Mainly because they show what happens when the "combined mind" deal goes awry due to the component minds basically all hating each other. Drag Strip always wants to win, Wildrider's a psycho, Dead End hates everything in an emo kind of way, Breakdown is intensely paranoid and Motormaster's a huge jerk. When combined, it doesn't take long for a schism to form between what each member wants to do and then the whole plan goes down the toilet.

Least favourite team is the Aerialbots. They're just kinda...bland. Both personailty-wise (the only really outstanding one is Silverbolt, and that's just cause of his ironic acrophobia) and colour-wise (they're all red, white and different-shade-of-white except for Skydive, who's black, red and silver). Amusing that my fave team and least fave team are rivals in the fiction.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

My favorite TF combiners are predacons/predaking.

My least favorite TF combiners are the 1989 TF victory landcross.

12. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I've got to go with the Predacons, because I love the color scheme and just how massive he is in combined form. I also have a lot of fond memories of getting Swindle and Onslaught as a kid, so I've always had a soft spot for the Combaticons.

Least favorite... I'm going to go G1 Devastator. I'm probably a little biased in this one, because I only have a few of the Constructicons as a kid, and only merged him together for the first time when the G2 figures came out. Compared to the second series of G1 combined, plus some of the other combining figures, he was really disappointing. Plus I had two Hooks as a kid. Both broke.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Favourite: Combaticons.
    Least favourite: Areialbots.

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fave - Protectobots
    Least Fave - Predacons

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fav JRX, least fav: energon/armada perceptor

16. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Favorite = Menasor
    Least = Superion

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Favorite: Constructicons
    Least: Terricons.

18. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Mi favorite one: LIOKAISER from Transformers Victory. If we talk about USA G1. Predaking.

Least Favorite: Menasor.

Toywise:

Favorite: Car robots JRX / RID Railracer

Least Favorite: Menasor, Devastator.

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Fav is devy. least is prime in energon.