Favorite & Least Favorite combiner team members?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultra Lagmus, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

Who are everyone's favorite & least favorite figures from each combiner team in G1?

Here's a handy blank template to copy & paste and put your answers into:

* Constructions
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Aerialbots
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Stunticons
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Protectobots
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Combaticons
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Predacons
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Technobots
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Terrorcons
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

* Seacons
    - Most Favorite:

- Least Favorite:

------------------------------
    My answers:

* Constructions
    - Most Favorite: Mixmaster. A cement mixer who in robot mode has a hood with 2 cannon spikes on top. The construction stripes make for a nice highlight on that hood.

- Least Favorite: Bonecrusher. He's very repetitive with other figures, the 'Nautilator of the bunch'. He has the legs of Scavenger only without the distinctive purple, a too similar vehicle mode to Scrapper, and all the others are about half purple on their front whereas he virtually has no purple. And his head is ugly.

* Aerialbots
    - Most Favorite: Skydive. Probably because he stood out as a gray & black plane amid the others and his black, red, and gray robot mode looked sharp. Silverbolt's vehicle mode and his robot mode never did it for me. And his torso has elements of the Broadside vehicle mode brick.

- Least Favorite: Slingshot. He just looks bald and like he's wearing blinders. He's probably the ugliest member of a combiner team.

* Stunticons
    - Most Favorite: Motormaster. Big black truck with purple tinted windows. He was the evil Optimus long before RID. And unlike Optimus Prime, who commands respect through his character and is an inspirational leader, Motormaster commands disrespect because he's a louse and lacks any redeeming characteristics for a leader. That makes him a nice foil. Dead End is a close second. He just looks sharp in robot mode.

- Least Favorite: Wildrider. He just seemed mediocre, a bit like the Bonecrusher of the bunch, having similar yet reversed colors of Dead End, a red face like Breakdown, and a generally similar chest like Breakdown, and his dark color overlaps with Motormaster. Putting his leg wheels on the outside (unlike Dead End & Breakdown) doesn't do it. He could have been made different (like maybe midnight blue).

* Protectobots
    - Most Favorite: Hot Spot. Something about a powder blue fire engine with that blazing fireball emblem on the side seemed intriguing. He seems more distinctive than Inferno, who blurs together too much with Grapple. And the ladder on his back in robot mode forms a nice parallel to Onslaught, his direct opposite. Streetwise was my 2nd favorite because the head looked kinda cool and the odd windshield position stood out.

- Least Favorite: First Aid. His figure in robot mode looks too similar to other Autobots. Groove, Streetwise, Blades look distinctive in robot mode. While he's plain, unlike some other weakest links, he remains distinct from his teammates.

Ever notice the Protectobots are entirely redundant by the time they came out in terms of vehicles? Hot Spot & Inferno are fire trucks, Streetwise & Prowl are police cars, Groove & Wreck-Gar are motorcycles, Blades & Sandstorm are helicopters, and First Aid & Ratchet are ambulances.

* Combaticons
    - Most Favorite: Onslaught. That shade of blue just looks so cool and works well with the army green & black. The double-barrelled cannon on his back is cool too. The flatbed military truck hauling a cannon was an interesting, unexpected choice for a vehicle. His color scheme also invokes Cobra of G.I. Joe too.

- Least Favorite: Swindle. For as squat as all Combaticons look like in robot mode, he's the most like a brick. And a jeep compared to a tank, helicopter, a chocolate space shuttle doesn't stand out that much.

* Predacons
    - Most Favorite: Tantrum is my favorite; no bull. The horns look cool and the way the bull's head forms a helmet looks cool. Beast mode looks good too. Razorclaw has an awesome chest (evil sun lion), but the large amount of yellow hurts him. The lion looks decent but the color balance just seems a little off. Headstrong's yellow torso also throws off the look. Should've been gold or a dark orangish-yellow. Tantrum lacks the yellow (so does Rampage).

- Least Favorite: Divebomb. The wings are cool, but it looks like his bird head is regurgitating his face. And instead of a mighty bird that might be an appropriate menace, he seems like a diminuitive nuisance bird more than anything.

* Technobots
    - Most Favorite: Nosecone. He rocks the earth tones look. The brown, yellow, white look good together and he's the only drill vehicle. Afterburner is the 2nd best. The orange popsicle is Wheelie done right basically.

- Least Favorite: Strafe. Too redundant with Scattershot. He even has the same color scheme without anything to really distinguish him from him (like Scattershot's blue face). Though Strafe at least has the dignity of not forcing those who want to reveal his faction symbol to rub his crotch. Did they really need to put the sticker there?

* Terrorcons
    - Most Favorite: Hun-Grrr. No contest. A two-headed dragon with a white, purple, gray color scheme. Sinnertwin is my second favorite. If he was the same size as Hun-Grrr and had the same level of detail, he would be my favorite. The colors look great together. It's awesome how he even has 2 tails.

- Least Favorite: Blot. Whatever the heck he's supposed to be. Decent color combo but he looks like an abstract sculpture more than anything. And his robot mode is a brick. Rippersnapper is plain in robot mode, but looks like a prairie dog/shark mix in beast mode, which is kinda funny. And he's not a brick. It didn't look like they even tried much in making Blot.

* Seacons
    - Most Favorite: Snaptrap. A mean looking turtle with a double-barreled cannon on its shell. What's not to like? The branched coral sword is cool. There's actually a legendary Japanese sword like it.

- Least Favorite: Seawing. I like manta rays, but a badly placed screw completely destroys the figure. In robot mode, he's very plain. Nautiltor has much more going for him and his beast mode isn't bad at all. I don't get the Nautilator hate.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Rail Racer or GTFO.

3. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

I'm ommiting the teams I don't own

* Constructions
    - Most Favorite: (PCC) Sledge. There's just something about him that I just love.

- Least Favorite: (ROTF) Mixmaster. He's a serious pain to transform.

* Stunticons
    - Most Favorite: (GDO) Motormaster. A little silver paint goes a long way.

- Least Favorite: (DOTM) Dragstrip. His robot mode is awkward and
    I prefer him in alt mode.

* Combaticons
    - Most Favorite: (FOC) Vortex. Moving the rotor to his back
    improves the figure three-fold.

- Least Favorite: (FOC) Onslaught. His cannons don't connect to
    his back and his arms move as if their broken.

4. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Yea..Rail Racer was pretty BA back in RID.

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really only have 1 outside the G1 line cause I love all the G1 combiners. The those Power something combiner team that was released about 2yrs ago was just horrible so those are the 1's that I would say are least favorite.