Favorite G1 MP Transformations

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jackisking, Dec 17, 2019.

?

what are your favorite G1 MP transformations

1. Lambors

42.3%
  2. Datsuns

23.1%
  3. Vanettes

46.2%
  4. Fusos

30.8%
  5. Seekers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MP-44

7.7%
  7. MP-36

23.1%
  8. MP-13 and tapes

11.5%
  9. MP Tracks

7.7%
  10. MP Sunstreaker

19.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the switch to cartoon accuracy, its fair to say MP transformations have become a bit more involved. Some like the ease of the Hasui bots, while others prefer the complexity of newer bots.I couldn't add everybody so feel free to mention any other G1 MP not listed. Whose your favorite transformers to transform. Pick your top three and have fun!

• Like Like x 3
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Lambor is probably the one I pick up most on the count of it being such a simple and straight forward transformation.

Having said that, I think I love transforming inferno the most. Just the perfect difficulty level and that ladder transformation never gets old!

I picked the vanettes as a third option as I think the transformation is enjoyable and the change from compact van to tall bot is impressive.

If Wheeljack were on the list I probably would've picked him over the vanettes though.

Prime and Megatron have neat transformations that aren't necessarily difficult but are quite involved and time consuming. Because of that I don't pick them up off the shelf unless I know I have a whole day to waste on Transformers.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...sometime i feel like the only person who adores masterpiece tracks...

...while i don’t care for the underdetailing of the fusos, their transformation is a high-water-mark for masterpiece engineering, so i appreciate their brilliance despite that...

...i was tempted to select MP-36, but despite everything he gets right (and he makes a fantastic action figure, no reservation) i think he suffers from excessive complexity and fragility, a harbringer of some of the weaknesses which plague the current masterpiece line...on that account, as a transformer, i’m inclined to give shockwave the nod instead, but i remain unsatisfied with either of his color schemes and of course as an action figure he’s nowhere near megatron’s league...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll bring out the gimp.

Oh wait, sorry. That's not what you meant.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I love me some Tracks too! He gets way too much hate.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Well-Known Member

I like MP-36 despite the over complicated transformation because...well...ima just use a Willi quote.
    "...you can make a handgun transform into Megatron's animation model if you essentially sculpt the thing from one form into the other like clay. That's how many parts this guy is made of. Transforming him feels like you're changing his shape on a molecular level. At that point, anything can be anything else."- Willis.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now it's a tie between Tracks and Bee 2.0 as my favorite. For all the complaints with either of them I find their transformation the most satisfying. If done right, the transformation is totally smooth, you know your're doing it exactly right because there's no resistance from any part.

• Like Like x 2
  8. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i think a lot of folks mis-transform his spine and never experience the secure back-and-shoulder configuration...

...bumblebee 1.0 should have been on the list, too; honestly i love that figure...

• Like Like x 3
  9. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Ebay:
    I think right now the Fusos are my favorite. They are a perfect blend of not too easy, not too complicated. And for some reason it’s just so satisfying. The ladder/crane is still one of my favorite “masterpiece” moments. I think mp36 is brilliant, but I don’t find it fun for some reason. I’ve only done it once. I also love the lambor mold. Super simple, but super fun

• Like Like x 4
  10. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

I picked the Lambos, Datsuns and Vans. However if MP-22 Ultra Magnus was available I would have selected him, I thought it was a fun and clever transformation.

I prefer simplicity in my transformations. I believe my picks still give nice robot modes so are not too compromised. The newer ones look great in both modes but are less enjoyable to transform.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either Soundwave or Ultra Magnus

*Edit Ironhide is also a lot of fun to transform.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mind Tracks.

Datsuns and the Sideswipe molds though are the fave by a longshot for me.

Part of the reason I like them is I don't have to worry about paint chipping with tight tolerances.

Absolute garbage are MP-5 and MP-9. Those are not fun at all.

As much I dislike complicated transformations, I find MP-36 very intuitive and don't mind it. I don't play with it much, but it's more enjoyable for me than like Optimus 3.0 and Sunstreaker. even all the panel flipping on the legs of MP-44...yeah not really fan. But it is needed to get the amazing robot mode.

13. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Really depends on how much time I have, tbh. The vans, Ultra Magnus, Sideswipe, Star Saber, and both Bumblebees are quick fun, but if I've got 30 minutes then Megatron and especially 44 Optimus are both enjoyable to me. Soundwave and the Datsuns are easy but I find them a bit boring.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

The vans and lambos are fun. I do like Hot Rod’s transformation, even if all of the damn wheels can’t touch the ground in alt mode.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

Chose Lambors, but MP-21 Bumble V1 had a super fun and intuitive transformation. To this day, it's the one I still transform the most.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I voted for the Fusos (I only have Artfire), but would have voted for MP-26 and Bumblebee v1 if they were included.

I really enjoy 26 just because of the unique leg and cannon sections. I'm a little biased as well, but hey.

BB v1 is surprisingly fun, and probably the one I've transformed the most.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Lambos are so much fun for me. Ultra Magnus is epic level of fun.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

I picked Sideswipe, he and Bumblebee V1 have a great transformation for someone like me who doesn't like the puzzle type of Transformer (nor really have time for it) and loves the way these transformers evoke memories of playing with the toys as a child. Pure fun! My MP spend most of their time in a display cabinet, hyper articulation isn't important to me (although impressive still).

On the other end of the scale, I will admit that I have never transformed my MP-36. He just stays in robot mode looking flawless :D 

• Like Like x 1