Favorite episode ever

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by mn_128875, Apr 21, 2020.

1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what are some of your favorite transformers episodes from any series?
    Here are mine:

TFP: (patch)this episode perfectly shows the relationship between starscream and megatron

TFA: (autobot bootcamp)it was cool to see bumblebee and bulkhead’s origins and the thing with wasp was amazing

Beast wars: ( code of hero) this was an amazing episode the action was amazing and dinobot’s death was tragic

G1(dark awakening) it was cool to see the tombs of the dead autobots and the ending was amazing

TFP and TFA finales were amazing bee killing megatron after everything he’s done to him was extremely satisfying and so was Optimus prime finally taking down megatron

BW: ( agendas pt.1-3) I geeked out when the autobots and decepticons were in the ark

Armada: ( mortal combat) the fight with prime and galvatron was cool and the finale was awesome

Animated: ( a bridge too close) shockwave’s reveal made this episode amazing

TFP(thirst) this episode was fun, scary, and hilarious

Cyberverse: ( the last episode idk what the name of this episode is) the finale was great I loved megatron x and it was cool seeing tarn in a cartoon

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think "Code of Hero" might be the best episode in a Transformers series.

• Like Like x 4
  3. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

The Immobilizer (G1 season two): Certainly one of my favorite season two episodes. Although you could say the introduction of Carly had something to do with it, for me, it was more because of Wheeljack being a rather pivotal part of the episode, since it revolved around one of his most memorable inventions, and because of the battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons near the river (which leads to a very amusing moment involving our 'totally competent villains' standing on immobilized water, only to get flushed away when the immobilization wears off).

Microbots (G1 season two): A fun episode that I could consider another gem in season two. It is beautifully animated, it has priceless scenes in the form of Rumble managing to make Starscream look like a total chump and drunk Decepticons, and the team-up between Bumblebee, Perceptor and Brawn is very nicely handled.

The God Gambit (G1 season two): One of the things I liked about this episode was the heavy involvement of Jazz. Alongside Wheeljack, Jazz was always one of my favorite 1984 Autobots, and seeing him take the limelight in this episode was pretty nice. I also enjoyed seeing Astrotrain being a total despot compared to how he usually was, which kinda added another dimension to the character, and Starscream and Thrust make for some good second bananas to Astrotrain.

The Gambler (G1 season two): Smokescreen was always my favorite 1985 Autobot and this episode really cemented my liking for him. He is just such a smooth talking gambling man with lots of charm and really makes for a good star for this particular story. It helps that he is surrounded with very strong, memorable guest characters like Devcon, Bosch and Lord Gyconi.

Ghost in the Machine (G1 season three): It's quite possibly my favorite TF episode ever. It features my favorite character in the whole franchise, which is Starscream, plus, some other personal favorites of mine in the form of the Battlechargers. The story is also very inventive and fun and Unicron is pretty unsettling (helped a lot by Roger C. Carmel's naturally deep voice). Plus, it has one of the best Galvatron moments ever (he calmly talks to the Battlechargers, Thrust and Dirge after they messed up and then explodes in a fit of rage, a wonderful moment of slow burn humor, and another reason why I like Galvatron more than Megatron).

The Dweller in the Depths (G1 season three): This episode was one of the most interesting ones. I feel this is one hell of an action-packed episode. I like the focus on Ultra Magnus and Arcee (Arcee gets some absolutely kickass moments like evading a blast from Galvatron and transforming in mid-air like a badass, and picking up Galvatron's cannon and firing on the Dweller, saving Ultra Magnus in the process). Also, Wreck-Gar is there, so that is a bonus.

The Big Broadcast of 2006 (G1 season three): It's a Junkion episode. Do I really need to say more? Honestly, I love the Junkions. Wreck-Gar is an incredibly quirky character and Big Broadcast of 2006 really showed us what a bonkers character he is.

The Burden Hardest to Bear (G1 season three): This episode focuses on my favorite Autobot character. I liked how Rodimus was shown as someone who isn't really a natural leader and suffers from a lot of stress because of it. It actually inspired me to explore Rodimus' character even more in the scripts I've written and really delve deeper into why he is so insecure in his own abilities. I honestly liked this whole episode and it really made us understand how pressure can crack a person down to the point of making him lose hope.

The Rebirth (three-parts, G1 season four): A lot of people are divided about this three-parter, but personally, this was my favorite out of all the G1 three-parters. It had tons of action, there was an urgent pace which really hooked me into the story and really made things a lot more suspenseful and intense. And the final battle between Fortress Maximus and Scorponok, albeit brief, was epic.

Go, Goshooter - Showdown in the Wasteland (Masterforce): This is a rather enjoyable episode of the Japanese Super God Masterforce series. I really felt this episode had a great amount of intensity and action from the Headmaster Juniors. The Decepticons Juniors kidnap a former member of Wilder's gang and try to convince him to rejoin. The former member's sister, Mary, goes to the Autobot Juniors for help, and what comes later is tons of action and excitement. Plus, my favorite character in the series, Minerva, gets some pretty badass moments in this episode.

Code of Hero (BW): I feel this is a masterpiece of writing. Dinobot was one of my favorite characters in BW, and seeing him make the ultimate sacrifice was incredibly intense and quite emotional. He might have been born a Predacon but in his final moments, he acted and fought like a Maximal.

Go With the Flow (BW): This is an incredibly fun episode. I love all the hijinks the Predacons get into and the chemistry between Depth Charge and Rattrap is incredible. Their barbs and constant bickering allows for tons of amusement. Also, you gotta feel bad for the Preds. In this episode, they basically became butts of all jokes for our enjoyment.

The Weak Component (BM): A lot of people throw dirt at this episode, but personally, it actually appeals to me a lot. Rattrap suffered a whole lot at the beginning of BM, feeling both useless and afraid. For one, he didn't have any weapons on him nor the luxury of command codes, and that is actually perfectly in character, because Rattrap always had to rely in his weapons, demolition kits and immediate transformations, he is incredibly insecure. And because the Maximals are feeling stressed out of their wits because of the gravity of the situation, they can't pay attention to Rattrap's problems. In addition, Optimus has been drained and is still unconscious, so he can't provide comfort. So what choice has Rattrap? Well, only one, make a deal with the devil. So yeah, the idea of someone who wasn't thrilled of anyone who came from the enemy's side to have no choice but to go to the enemy is a pretty nice one, and it shows how hopeless Rattrap was feeling.

Revelations (three-parter, BM): This three-parter was a cool showcase for what happened between the end of BW and the beginning of BM. Plus, the idea of Rhinox being corrupted by Megatron's extremist ideas is really well-handled and the amount of emotion put in the scene where Optimus lets Rhinox go makes for one of the most heartbreaking moments in the series.

Endgame (three-parter, BM): If an episode can be tied with the Rebirth saga as the best TF finale for me, it's Endgame. This three-parter is just incredible. It has tons of action, brilliant visual moments and an epic final battle between Optimus Primal and Megatron (and quite possibly their best battle). Plus, seeing the Maximals get their final victory was satisfying and it made for a very good conclusion for the series.

Skid-Z's Choice (2001 RiD): One of the things I liked about 2001 RiD was the wacky hijinks. I really felt this series was the best at showcasing off-the-wall humor and gave the characters an extra amount of likeability. In this episode, we not only get Skid-Z trying to fight the urge of racing, but also, we get some of the most fun Sky-Byte moments in the series. In particular, the scene where he disguises as a red sportscar is hilarious and the payoff is just as amusing.

May add some more episodes later on.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    BW:
    "Dark Designs"
    "Coming of the Fuzors"
    "Code of Hero" - like others have already said, it's a masterpiece--not merely great compared to typical alien robot cartoons, but a genuine masterpiece.
    "The Agenda"

BM:
    "The Catalyst"
    "End of the Line"
    "Fallout" - Primal's esoteric journey in the Matrix and his epiphany has stuck with me ever since I first saw it. This one is bizarre even by BM's standards, and I truly think it's a hidden gem.

Animated:
    "Decepticon Air"

Cyberverse:
    "Bad Moon Rising" - Starscream's brief reign and lengthy disposal were pretty incredible to see. Cyberverse had an unfortunate tendency to be rushed due to its runtime, but that wasn't the case here.
    "Secret Science"
    "Journey to the Valley of Repugnus" - put Bee and Grimlock into colorful jumpsuits and this would be straight out of Star Trek.

Well said. I know most people have a big problem with both Rattrap in general and this episode in particular--and it's definitely flawed--but it doesn't deserve the vitriol it receives, just like the series itself. Primal appeal to Rattrap at the end is remarkably moving, and I love Megatron's whisperings to Rattrap (via those massive TV screens) immediately beforehand.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    These are just my personal favorites, the quality of each individual episode is up for debate.

G1: The Core
    Beast Wars: Chain of Command
    Beast Machines: Prometheus Unbound
    RID 2001: Sky-Byte Saves the Day
    Armada: Mortal Combat
    Energon: I've never gotten the chance to watch a complete episode (and maybe that's for the better)
    Cybertron: Scourge
    Animated: A Fistful of Energon
    Prime: Scrapheap
    RID 2015: Graduation Exercises
    Cyberverse: All of season three

• Like Like x 1
  6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Rebellion (Armada, E23)

Realizing Megatron is ineffective at leading the Decepticons, Sideways puts into motion a plan to replace him with a new leader. But rather than a default overthrowing, he plays both Megatron and Starscream like puppets to get them to clash against each other. Sideways plants the seed of Starscream's uncertainty of his place in the Decepticons which would go on to explode into the greatest character arc of the series, and masterfully uses Megatron's ego against him by insinuating that he can only keep his troops in line under threat of the Star Saber.

[​IMG]

We learn in this episode that Megatron is not above violently abusing his inferiors just to blow off some steam. After losing three battles in a row, (Cyclonus is so overworked he even collapses from exhaustion) he locks Starscream in a closet with him and goes ham on him for the crime of following orders, allegedly even ready to kill him, until Demolishor blows the wall open and interrupts him. Demolishor even seems afraid to do so at first, his concern for his comrade being suppressed by his loyalty to Megatron, unsure of whether he should go against Megatron's will. It's only after Sideways urges him on that Demolishor is willing to do what he must to help Starscream, that's how self-destructive the team is at this point. Megatron ceases his punishment and leaves his troops as they stare in shock at Starscream, lying in pain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So Starscream flies off on his own to vent in a much more mature way: stabbing the ground - but not without first failing to stick the landing and tumbling down a giant moon crater. Down on his luck, he's joined by Sideways, who seems to be the first person to ever tell him that Megatron's mistreatment of his troops isn't right, suggesting someone should take his place, and even says Megatron is afraid of him. This thought destabilizes Starscream and makes him start to think independently, and Sideways drives off to go manipulate Megatron as he just did Starscream, and accuses the absent Starscream of planning treachery to goad him into fighting him. Sideways returns to Starscream and claims Megatron has a new assignment for him: Standing around as the warp gate's guard. (In Micron Legend, it's even accompanied with a degrading comment 'from Megatron' that it's a task "perfect for a soldier that can't follow simple orders") Now Starscream's been sent into a rage and flies off to confront Megatron, and the stage is set for battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But during the fight, not only does Starscream fail to bring Megatron down despite his best efforts and encouragement and even a second chance from Megatron himself, but Megatron doesn't even pick up the Star Saber until Starscream gives up. This may appear on the surface to mean Megatron wanted to reaffirm his ego by proving he doesn't need it, but Sideways realizes it's because Megatron isn't the type to kill his own men. Megatron, in his own emotionally abusive way, wants Starscream to grow by putting him through hardship and struggle so he can overcome it himself. Megatron spares him, and tells him he should be willing to do whatever it takes in a fight, not to play by the rules. Rather than kill Starscream for rebelling, he planned to let him apply his frustration so he could become stronger from it. Sideways, however, as an extension of Unicron devoid of any empathy, sees this as weakness and predicts his abusive "mentoring" will backfire and lead to his ruin. (He's half-right though, Starscream will inevitably rebel again, but he leads to Unicron's demise by inspiring an alliance) We end off with another battle for a Mini-Con, and the Decepticons are at their peak unity for now. Starscream sees the perfect opportunity to stab Megatron in the back in the heat of battle, and instead deflects the Autobots from attacking his leader while he's busy with Optimus Prime, and fights on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This episode is great because it's subtle; noticeably quiet, with mostly subtle eerie music and plenty of silence. An excellent decision here, as it not only immerses you into the barren moonbase setting, but also perfectly conveys the mood. You can feel the tension among the Decepticons, and it really shows just how dysfunctional they are. The art of the episode is also particularly great for Armada, with plenty of solid animation, some beautiful key frames, and only a handful of bad shots. There isn't an extravagant amount of animated motion, in typical Armada fashion, but the shots it chooses to linger over generally range from good to excellent, and lets you focus on the story behind them. (though Megatron and Starscream's fight is certainly improved in Micron Legend) David Kaye, Michael Dobson, and especially Paul Dobson as Megatron, Starscream, and Sideways were particularly on top of their game this episode too.

Oh yeah, and did I mention this was the first Transformers episode to focus only on the Decepticons? We get a few second of Optimus and Blurr at the very end, but they aren't even relevant as characters here. The only other Decepticon-centric episode I can remember is TFP's Thirst, but while that one is just a desperate attempt at tying up loose ends the series threw out, (admittedly in very hilarious fashion) this one serves to begin several character stories that are followed through. This episode really proves Decepticons can have just as much depth and be just as engrossing as Autobots and can carry their own stories and shouldn't just be throwaway villains.

Not to mention this hilarious exchange leading to Cyclonus's greatest line ever:

Demolishor- "Hey, Cyclonus, wake up already!"
    *snoring*
    "Come on, Starscream is about to challenge Megatron to a fight!"
    "Huh? Ooh, that sounds exciting! We don't wanna miss this one!"
    "You idiot, we have to stop him now, or else we can just forget about morale around here!"
    "Morale? We've never had morale around here!"

Fuck, do I love the Armada Decepticon cast.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    G1: Dinobot war, When Grimlock came to respect Optimus Prime, Absolutely amazing to my 4-year-old mind.

BW: Code of Hero.

TFA: Endgame Part 1-3. I'll come back later and go more in-depth.

8. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

this is why despite its flaws i fucking love Armada.

• Like Like x 4
  9. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Actually, no. G1 season three had the first Decepticon-centric episode in Webworld. The Autobots are only in one scene, and the rest of the episode is basically Cyclonus luring Galvatron into Torkulon in order to cure him of his insanity. It's a very good showcase of both loyalty (because Cyclonus just wants the best for his leader) and peer pressure (Swindle and Motormaster's complaints, which other Decepticons also share, are actually enough to make Cyclonus act).

Plus, it has one of the best Galvatron moments ever (he friggin' destroys the memory core of Torkulon without even giving a damn about his circuits being fried as he gets closer to the core). So yeah, this is one of those episodes that absolutely cemented my stance of who do I prefer as an overall character, and I can certainly say Galvatron > Megatron. I still prefer Marvel G1 Shockwave as leader, but yeah, seasons 3 and 4 Galvatron is not far behind (making almost every version of Megatron aside from the BM one and the 1986 movie Galvatron look like total chumps because of this episode and the entertainment value he brought).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Webworld, Transmutate, and The Golden Lagoon

11. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

In Transformers Prime, the 2 part episode where Bumblebee lost the ability to transform, led to good emotional and character moments.

• Like Like x 1