Favorite crossovers and wanted crossovers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Chobits15, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Chobits15

Chobits15 Well-Known Member

Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Since IDW take over of the comic series, the transformers series has done a lot of crossover events, so for this post I just want to hear what was their favorite, most hated and most wanted crossover so far. I am counting in-universe crossover because lets face it IDW did a lot of those in the last 2 phases. I am also counting marvel, dream wave or any version of transformers ever written. I would also like to add that your are welcome to your opinion and do not hate on anyone else for their choices. There enough hate in the world right now and I would appreciate it if we don't bring it here. That being said On with the show.

Top Fav: MLP/TRANSFORMERS: What not to love about this series, it cute and sweet and overall just a fun ride and considering that both of these series came out just about the same time makes me wonder why it took so long to make.

Honorable Mention: ROM VS TRANSFORMERS-Not gonna lie, mainly loved for it vibrant art style despite the grim storyline i just loved the fact that the art makes look as if your watching a anime/cartoon than reading a comic book. Loved Stardrive chracter and wished they did more but once again they create a badass female character but don't properly utilized her to the full extent.

Hated:Ghostbusters/Transformers-[​IMG]
    Dishonorable mention: Terminator/Transformers-[​IMG]
    The gifs speak for themselves.

Wanted: Sonic/Transformers
    As a 90's baby, i didnt get into Transformers untill beast wars and even then that still didnt hold my interest until the live action movies followed by animated and prime. Sonic on the other hand as been a huge impact and while the games have been more or less spectacular. the comics of done a much better impact. I was so sad and happy when sonic moved over to IDW mainly cause the story would continue and many writers/leaders from archie were moving to IDW as well. While I was sadden that the archie storyline would be dropped all together, i was none the less optimistic and im happy to report my fears were put to rest by last year phenomal metal virus storyline. So i think a crossover would be a fantastic read.

Honorable Mention: TMNT or Power Rangers- Pretty much the same reasons as abov, i think they would be awesome reads and considering the work the but into these titles they would be a success if written well and had great art styles covering said books

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Fav: Honestly i haven't consumed many of the TF crossovers, so im gonna say.......Marvel Comics TF issue #3, ya know that, the one with Spider-Man, he...actually added very little to the story besides confusion and funny scenes but it's what i got
    Wanted: Oho's
    Transformers X Evangelion, oh it's a thing already ? My exhaust port it is, pure text and Shinji isn't even involved ?! So damn lame and a huge missed oportunity
    Transformers X One of the Brave series would also be cool for obvious reasons....you see the Brave series was Takara's new plan to sell transforming robots after the G1 toyline finally lost it's steam in Japan, and most of it's series are also about sentient transforming robots so it would go hand in hand
    Transformers X DC Comics/Justice League, it almost happened but the project got canceled, the ammount of potential fella oh i would like to see it
    Transformers X Gundam 0079, i mean, what else to say, war story, giant robots, it's bound to fit in, the only unfitting thing here is Takara's rivalry with Bandai

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Favorite - Honestly, even disregarding my biases, the MLP/TF crossovers I feel brings a level of comfiness I have felt have been lacking in the franchise for a while(only being filled by Rescue Bots), not to mention the story with Spike and Grimlock is genuinely precious

I'd say the only crossovers I really disliked was the huge Hasbroverse crossover they did in the last continuity that just overcomplicated all of the storylines

As for ones I want to see the most, obvious ones include Power Rangers, TMNT and Megaman X, but I'm also gonna second Sonic, mainly because I wanna see these two mofos together
    EkLm2M3XYAAyvFr.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Favourite is still probably Revolution. Really enjoyed that it was just a good old-fashioned superhero crossover, with the heroes coming into conflict and then joining forces when it turns out their respective supervillains have teamed up. Its nice, tight pacing was such a breath of fresh air after the way Dark Cybertron and Combiner Wars had such bad pacing due to the number of issues being set by Hasbro's toy plans.

I dunno if you'd really call it A Crossover, it was a bit more of an ongoing thing, but I also really loved Revolutionaries, Kup and Action Man in particular was one of the best character dynamics in the whole IDW1 run.

I've not read a ton of the standalone crossover series, but I did love Ghostbusters/Transformers - Burnham and Schoening's GB material has always been great and that crossover was no exception. Scioli's Transformers vs. G.I. Joe is also fantastic of course.

Least favourites include Transformers vs. Visionaries (due to the stupid shock death editorial put in, and some confused theming) and New Avengers/Transfers (due to just generally being a bit rubbish).

I'd struggle to pick another crossover I'd want to see, to be honest. A full-blown Transformers/GoBots crossover mini might be fun?

5. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The only Sonic crossover I want is specifically Classic Sonic vs Beast Wars. The ultimate 90s crossover!

I want this, but only if it's a full-on crossover between the two 80s cartoons. By Jim Sorenson, ideally.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I enjoyed Transformers/Star Trek a lot. I said this a few times before, but I'd love to have a sequel, either Next Generation X Beast Wars, or a more direct follow-up with the movie era TOS crew with possibly Unicron VS V'Ger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also want to give a shout out to TF/Ghostbusters. Like, you can't hate a comic that has Optimus doing this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    My favorite crossover up to this point has been Transformers VS The Terminator. The artwork was great and we got a lot of really cool designs out of it (we need a Starscream Hunter Killer figure). I wasn't the biggest fan of what they did story-wise but I'm a fan of both franchises and I feel they worked well together.

My dream crossover is a bit unconventional but I'd have to say Transformers/King of the Hill. If I were to write it, I'd have Megatron discover a new "super fuel" in Arlen Texas: Propane. Starscream and the Seekers attack Strickland Propane only to be repelled by the Autobots. Hank is rescued by Bumblebee and joins the Autobots to help defend his town against Decepticons. Plus, I'd love to see Dale Gribble's reaction to alien robots who can turn into cars.

• Like Like x 2
  9. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Favorites so far have been Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, and Star Trek. Terminator, I don't know. Despite being one of my favorite franchises, it didn't catch me the way I was hoping. Maybe if there's a sequel that continues and calls back?

As for wanted, I'm going way out of the box and saying Fate/Grand Order. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a singularity created because Starscream gets his hands on the Holy Grail and screws everything up. Plus it would be interesting to see who, if any of them, Alaya or Gaia bring out to try to help. Could we see Counter Guardian Megatron in the vein of Dark Emiya? Would Optimus count as a Ruler should he get summoned? Or do they believe Starscream's so weak they summon fat Caesar as the only counter and let him talk and bribe everyone into abandoning Starscream? I don't know, but let's find out!

10. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

• Rom vs Transformers: Shining Armor
    Just a fantastic story, loved everything about it.

• Revolutionaries
    Okay, so maybe not on it's own, since it's more of what Revolution was doing, but I think Revolutionaries did it better. It assembled a team of heroic characters out of the different component franchises and had them take on a mutual enemy, not unlike the Avengers or the Justice League. That said, can't say I was a fan of how they handled the use of the Predacons and Predaking, but I enjoyed details like Centurion's backstory. My enjoyment of the crossover is somewhat hampered by it's status as a lead-in to First Strike - I was cool with Revolution and was curious to see where it'd lead, but First Strike was just ugh. First Strike itself is made worse by it's own status as a lead-in for Transformers vs Visionaries, probably the worst crossover to come from the Hasbroverse concept.

As for Crossovers unrelated to the IDW2005 continuity, I've enjoyed the Ghostbusters and Back to the Future crossovers. I didn't read the Star Trek crossover, and I was just plain confused by the mere existence of the My Little Pony crossover. I'd love to see a Transformers/TMNT crossover, but what are the chances their parent companies would agree to it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    Shining Armour is one of my favourite mini-series in the IDW2005 continuity.
    Revolutionaries was a very pleasant surprise as well if that counts, that was some classic Barber.

A crossover I'd like to see: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Transformers.
    Dee has to buy another new car thanks to Charlie and Mac that turns out to be a Transformer.
    The Gang briefly get extremely invested in either side of the Autobot/Decepticon conflict, Mac tries to ally himself with Starscream so he can rule the new world, and Fight Milk turns out to be a highly effective weapon against Cybertronians which Frank tries to exploit by selling it to both sides.
    In the end their actions result in the deaths of Optimus and Megatron leaving both sides in disarray and possibly end the war.
    As usual it ends with The Gang completely losing interest and having an argument about something pointless to the dismay of any remaining Transformers.

12. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

Wanted crossover I'd like to see the most would definitely be Star Wars. But those would be some big shoes to fill. IDW's Star Wars is mostly goofy one shots and Marvel's Star Wars is a really really mixed bag. Still, I'd think there'd be some good potential in there like the seekers scanning X-wings for some killer designs. Or Palatine's reactions to a race that could simply footstomp the Empire, even being the dark lord he is.

It's not the most unlikely crossover. Especially since Transformers and Star Wars already have a long history of toy crossovers.

13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    You know, it's kind of weird how many Star Wars Transformers there were but there was never a crossover in a comic or anything, even now.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chobits15

Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    OMG YES! THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME TO SEE THESE BEAUTIFUL JACKASSES TOGETHER! Hmm i never thought about the megaman series crossover with transformers, now that i think about that it would be pretty cool to see

15. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

I WANT TRANSFORMERS/GUNDAM NOW!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Transformers X Yatterman. Give Optimus the opportunity to have a pet dog.
    yatta4_5363.gif yatterman.jpg 6587.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pwsyn

Pwsyn Well-Known Member

Rom vs Transformers: Shining Armor and Transformers vs The Terminator are my all-time favorites. I bet a Transformers / GoBots crossover would be also very interesting.

Btw, does anyone know if Transformers vs The Terminator will continue? I mean, the end literally screams for a sequel (and if they didn't, it really would be, at least in my opinion, an incredibly wasted opportunity).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chobits15

Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I think it all depends on popularity, sales and the fandom. take for example TMNT/BATMAN crossover; both franchise have huge fanbase and are very popular so when the crossover story happen it not only did well, it ended up spawning a two sequels, a movie, and guest appearance in a sequel game. The same can be said about the mlp/transformers crossover.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If Marvel were to have one more crossover with TF, instead of another Avengers one, I'd love to have a more down-to-Earth team-up with Spider-Man and Gears to reflect their original meeting. Just hanging out, getting into scraps with the local supervillains, make Gears resemble the Spider-Buggy at one point.
    Spider-man.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Transformers/GoBots needs to happen. I honestly am flabbergasted that it hasn’t yet.

I’d want the comic to be canon to both franchises original TV series though. Like, set sometime before TF: The Movie for G1 and sometime after the Rock Lords movie for GoBots.

Come on, IDW!

• Like Like x 3