Fantastic Model (Fans Toys) FM-02 Margh (Masterpiece Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jazzymouse, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Looks pretty sweet

After everyone else going for the all-in-one take on Magnus its neat to see someone like FT go back to the armor route

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dpuff

Dpuff Fanstoys made me do it

News Credits:
    I mean you cant say ft isnt doing the less mainstream. Remember aussie? And yes i fully expect xtb and all the rest to do a prime at some point. Ill be ok with that tho. Doesnt change my collection at all.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Not to mention it’s a really fucking smart business play.

They get two bots out of one design here… Magnus and Prime. It’s genius.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Swindlerfan

Swindlerfan Well-Known Member

There was an older 3D printed armor set for MP-10 but nothing for a recent Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

They seems to consistently be following the Japanese G1 toys, but with a cartoon model aesthetics (and following that height comparison chart).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s what I’m hoping for, though hopefully sooner than 2043. But that’s even more speculative than an FT Prime so not going to count on it. Leaning more and more towards XTB the more I think about this.
    I really want to see FT take on Megatron and Rodimus. They’re probably the two biggest characters they haven’t even mentioned. MP-36 is great and if that’s all we get I’d be fine but I would love to see FT’s spin on it.
    And we definitely need a new Rodimus.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Guitarboy

Guitarboy Banned

Good to read you admit your previous argument folded like a cheap one-legged collapsible table.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alottamatteo

Alottamatteo Well-Known Member

Just waiting on a preorder from @Chosen Prime ova heeeeeeeeeeeaaah

9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First off, this is just a silly statement. There will always be demand for prime. Every prime sells well, no matter how crowded the space. Second, I own at least one copy of every MP prime mold (except Primorion who doesn't count) and every one of them is lacking in one way or another.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Destruktiw

Destruktiw G1 MP collector

I'm wondering can FT do a Prime and give us the best possible Prime. I mean there is always chance for better Prime but there will be always complaints about something. Let's see existing Primes. TE is looking good but lacks articulation. MP44 is a mess with backpack. MS02 has great articulation but it feels cheap and poor paint. Can FT use all good things from all Primes and give us perfect figure. That means great articulation, clean in both modes, good paint. Yes I want to see what FT could do with their possible Prime. And I'm always in for more and more Primes because more choices.

11. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

here's a strange concept, if you don't like it don't buy it. I mean, I know the entire reason for this site is to bitch about anything and everything but FFS why follow a thread just to get on and spew your stupidity. It's amazing how many people on here who's only interest in being here is to try to suck the enjoyment of the hobby out of everyone else. it's pretty fking sad.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

What's this about not transforming?

13. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

People doing their best Chicken Little impressions

• Like Like x 1
  14. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People didn't see an alt mode combined with FT releasing this under a different name (Fantastic Model, much like Soundwave was released under the name "Robot Paradise") making them think it was a non-transforming model kit. But FT released some alt mode shots to put that silly rumor to bed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Happysmp

Happysmp Well-Known Member

This picture doesn't make sense though.
    If you look at the pictures of Ultra Magnus and the inner bot, pay closer attention to the feet. It doesn't look like there's any major height being added from the armour. If that's the case, then FM-01 (if FansToys reuses the mold for Optimus prime) would be huge and out of scale.

Commercially, it makes total sense FT would want to reuse the majority of this mold for Optimus, and if you assume FM-01 is Optimus and is properly scaled... then we have a mini Ultra Magnus.

16. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Ha, Joke's on you, FM-01 is Super Ginrai.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Goosfraba

Goosfraba Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt that core bot is going to be their Prime TBH, it's proportions are two weird for that. If they are trying to make the original concept work and respect the scale chart at the same time, they'll need a figure that looks the part but it's not what their hypothetical Optimus Prime would look like.

Also, does this thing comes with a Matrix chamber? Cause I'm not seeing one.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, Primorion is pretty good. He's not super G1 and is a bit dated now but he's got good heft and a decent transformation. Mine dates from the ToyWorld days and he's a nice member of the Prime crew.
    There'll never be a best possible Prime. Styles change, materials evolve and designs improve. Plenty of figures have been praised as the ultimate version and they all have weaknesses, flaws or will be overtaken by a later version.
    FT can probably give us good articulation, great paint and a sleeker and less broken sculpt, but there'll still be problems. FT transformations are rarely praised as enjoyable, they often make controversial colour choices (if they choose white the chrome corwd will hate it, if they choose chrome, loads of toon fans will hate it etc). And if nothing else, FT prices are often a bone of contention.
    FT will probably release something interesting, it will appeal to a lot of fans, but it won't be a perfect mic drop. There's a good chance that any improvements over current versions will be either minor or even things that some collectors won't appreciate.
    My guess is they'll almost certainly do some remoulding to the core bot for a Prime, particularly around the waist and the head, but the basic core will be the same.
    FT are quite happy to do fairly extensive changes to characters that are normally considered mould-mates (Brawn and Outback, Trailbreaker and Hoist) so their Prime will be tweaked from this, but the core engineering is likely to be the same.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, I should've elaborated - Primorion doesn't count IMHO because he's out of scale, not because the figure itself is bad. Since the point was that peopke don't need another MP prime, I figured mp-01 and Primorion weren't relevant (I do have MP-01, though).

• Like Like x 4
  20. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Wonder what repaints they'll actually end up doing for this guy

• Like Like x 1