Fantastic Four Reboot (2015)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I caught a late showing last night and I'm surprised I stayed awake. The story was dull and it dragged on. I understand that this is based on Ultimate, but did they have to make the story dark and almost depressing. I think the biggest problem is the characters. It felt there was no chemistry with these talented actors. If you're looking for action it barely there. Only in the last 15 minutes that you see it. All in all I give it a 2 star rating.

One thing that my friend pointed out is that if you strip the Fantastic Four elements and replace with original characters the movie could be better. This would have stripped it from being a superhero film and more of a fantasy/horror/thriller.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Not for me. I rent them at Redbox. They're like two bucks.

People thought the Titanic was this invincible ship. I may have had my hopes for this movie, but I did not think it was invincible.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Give the rights back to marvel so we can get a big screen version of this!

[​IMG]

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  5. The Zingos

The Zingos Well-Known Member

I looked this up and ended up watching a whole documentary about the movie, and holy shit. The spider wasn't even the worst of it. The guy wanted Braniac to fight polar bears and wanted Superman to fight ninjas. Definitely a producer that didn't know what he was doing, but interesting nonetheless.

6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I'm at least hoping the Deadpool movie will be making fun of the reboot in a mention.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yes, and fox will keep making them until marvel begs for the rights back.

and pays them billions. before fox runs it so far into the ground, that marvel will never be able to release a fantastic four film with in their universe. because nobody will go watch it.

this is the same studio that made an entire fantastic four film, and never released it. JUST to keep the license.

8. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Saw it, it sucked, like 4 out of ten.

Some highlights (which are bad)

The 'You solved the equation in the hallway, have a scholarship and job " thing Doc Storm did with Reed.

Where the fuck did Doom get the materials to make a cape and cowl when he's been stranded on Zero for a year...the fucking flag that was left behind or something?

The "It's our time, our time down here" cheesy fucking speech Reed makes when they go to fight Doom, also god there was some unrealistic acting in this film.

also no point of Doom's plan, he wants to be alone on Zero, then he's like "I'M TAKING EARTH WITH ME TOO" If it's to power his planet, then tha's bullshit and still contradictory to what he wanted in the first place.

Also Doom was more Rock-man then anything "You get a rock, you get a rock, EVERYBODY GETS ROCKS"

And finally the fucking hilarious 'When your planet is destroyed, then you have my permission to die Reed Richards" Bane impression Doom gave to Reed.

And Thing yelling at Reed more then Sam at Frodo.

And nice to see what they look at unconscious when they get their powers, but then all of a sudden it's been a year and their adjusted with them, do we not get to see the Storm twins freak out at all when they wake up?

Overall the movie was pretty good before they came back from the negative zone, plus some good emotion for the characters, but besides that...nothing, I honestly think if you combined the origin and the negative zone aspect to the 2004 film, that would be the hit they've been trying to make.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  10. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fox needs more viewers like you. :rolleyes2 

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Man, if I were Kevin Feige I would ask for the FF movie rights back in exchange Fox would get the rights to the X-men tv show. AND I would push for the X-Men to be included in the MCU. Throw in some merchandising support and there could be some win-win situations going on. Well a fanboy can dream.

13. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

Dear god that was perfect!!

14. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That would be a smart move. I can tell you right now that Deadpool is going to be a huge hit and will probably be bigger than Fox is even expecting. They've got a good script, a great cast, and a very unique and energetic tone. Plus, Deadpool is ridiculously popular despite not being properly represented on screen yet. I can go to college and see people who don't regularly read comics and see people wearing Deadpool shirts and have Deadpool posters in their dorms. Then, the game came out a few years ago and made gamers more aware of the character. Plus, the marketing for this movie has been incredible and almost all of it has trended on social media. It has no competition in February either. I don't know about giving a sequel a Summer release date, but it's a better idea than Fant4stic 2. Not even general audiences have embraced that movie.

16. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Dont forget that the Character is everywhere around the Internet.

17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Indeed. There already a ton of memes featuring him, and even his fan films on YouTube get a lot of views. This movie also going to create more memes. I can already see the Weasel describing Wade's face scene becoming a popular one.

18. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    To the people that seen the film. Did any of you had no intention of seeing the film, but with all the bad hype end up going to experience first hand how bad the movie is? I admit that was the reason I went last night.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Seems like a smart move. Deadpool has insanely good buzz right now so it should have a nice strong run for Fox as long as the marketing team can continue to keep people excited about the film. It also looks to stand out as something different in the crowded superhero field so people should be excited to get another one that stands out from the pack.

Fantastic Four, honestly I've got no idea how Fox can ever win people back over for another Fantastic Four movie after this. I think they have tainted it too badly and sadly the Fantastic Four just aren't the same sort of pop culture power house that Batman is so the come back would require one of Fox's best films ever and marketing pulling off the best pitches in industry history.

On the bright side at least Fox can contain the damage to just Fantastic Four since they didn't get the chance to cross over with any of the other Fox franchises.