Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Bumblebee765, May 13, 2014.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I looked it up in one of the HP wikis, and according to it they're either in Sweden or Norway, but yeah, Rowling has never said where the school is located.

I do kinda hope Germany is on their list of planned future locations. If for nothing else, there needs to be a bit about the best brooms being made in Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally got to see this today! (As a massive Harry Potter fan it's surprising it took me this long. :lol ) I loved this movie! The four new leads were amazing and I loved the chemistry between them all. Jacob in particular had some really great comedic bits, and I liked Queenie a lot more than I expected to! I didn't think I was going to dislike her, but I did think she was going to be my least favorite of the new characters, but she ended up easily being one of my favorites. And speaking of favorites, Newt is easily one of my new favorite Wizarding World characters. He embodies everything I'd imagine a magizoologist should be like, and that case is amazing! (I'm really hoping for Noble Collection, or anybody really, to make a replica of it, so I can put all the Potter plush beasts inside.:D ) I was a bit underwhelmed by
    Grindelwald's
    appearance, but I'm willing to hold off my final thoughts until we get some more of him.
    Also, I adored all the magical creatures! I always loved the textbook when I was a kid, and I was able to pick out almost every beast in Newt's case just from my memories from reading the book, and I'm so excited for the updated version coming in March! I really hope the DVD will have some bonus features focusing on all the beasts designs, as I'd love to get some behind the scenes stuff on them.

Also, did anybody else notice Gnarlak's weird curled fingers? I kept getting distracted by them. :lol 

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Saw it again and by God Jacob's laughter made me lose my shit. As did the audience.

Also really love Tina. She's so cute and sweet, but also a bit of a Leeroy Jenkins.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Very much so. The Imax version has a number of highly effective popout scenes that emerge past the edge of the screen. One of the best overall 3D presentations this year.

(just wanted to comment on this, I realise you've already seen it by now)

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, I didn't quite understand the point of that. I suppose there were weirder designs, but that was something I found somehow hard to accept.

6. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure there's a reason for them. I hope the DVD extras will say something about them, or maybe one of the movie making books. The Harry Potter films always had great behind the scenes stuff, so I hope this series is no different.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can't think of a specific example atm, but Gnarlak's curved fingers are accurate to how some goblins were described in the Harry Potter books. If I can find one, I'll add a reference to this post. I want to say there's a line in PoA about them.

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been planning to reread them soon (it's been way too long, especially as I used to read them at least twice a year! :p ), so I'll keep an eye out when I do.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been meaning to reread them as well. I did look into the bit I was thinking of, which was actually from GoF, but it didn't have the description I was thinking of. Honestly, I could be wrong, but I remember there being mention of some character/creature having long fingers that were bent backwards...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I vaguely remember that too. I'll keep an eye out on my next reading.

11. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

12. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Jude Law has been cast as Albus Dumbledore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    An interesting choice for the role.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I still think Gambon could've played him since he already played early 1940s era Albus in Half-Blood Prince, but Jude is fine.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1