FansWantIt FWI-5/6/7 - Combine to Form Ultimate Armory Set.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

I might be interested in the weapons pack.

2. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

I like that weapons pack. I don't give two shits about TF Movie crap, but I'm always game for outfitting my transformers with superior weaponry. I'd really like to see more stuff like this.

3. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Looks good but as others said my price threshold will be low. I also won't go for the ring... maybe just the jetwing gear.

4. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Pardon my ignorance but these are the same company that did smth similarish for the Leader Prime mold rite?

5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

+1.

I'm not interested in Optimus's weapon ring, but a weapon pack? :D 

You know who makes a great weapon pack? Iron Factory! Either Manacle/Turrets set or there non-Blaster sets! Now that's a cool weapon pack! I wish more 3P toys came with extra weapons! And clear variations are cool, too.

6. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Fans Want It 3 was the Jetfire add on to make a screen accurate ROTF Jet Power Optimus using the ROTF Leader mold. FWI4 was was a screen accurate Jetwing that could attach to literally any version of Leader Prime (I think the the first two were were accessories for Leader Starscream and some version of Movie Ironhide).
    Anyway the screen accurate Jetwing was the same company if that's what you're asking.
    On the other hand UFO (Unknown factory originals) were the ones who KOed Takara's blades and made a variant with hooks and also KOed the Jetwing. They made some other accessories as well such as an axe, Megatron's shotgun, and Sentinel's shield. The annular trailer that turns into a weapons bay was also UFO (they also made the replacement hands).
    So that's the other company you may be thinking of (I dunno if the two are connected somehow though).

7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd have to buy THREE separate sets to make it look accurate? And it doesn't transform even a little bit? AND it's for the wrong figure??

Was excited but now... fuck that.

8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish the ring transformed into the trailer. The rest of it looks really nice, however. Seems a bit late, though...

9. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The general consensus is that Evasion prime is the definitive Voyager-based Optimus Prime from the movies.

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He is, by leaps and bounds, but I have to agree with tekering, this seems a bit too late. I'm sure there will be buyers, enough to make the production investment worth it, but yeah it seems a bit out of place now.

11. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I like it.

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Actually it turns out that he can fly whenever he damn well pleases. :D 

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The weapons pack looks great and seems like a good bang for the buck to use with EM Optimus or any other suitably sized figure with 5mm port hands. Odd that there's no energon axe included with this set though. With how prominent the final scene in DOTM was where Megatron took an axe to the face and had his head/spine ripped off his body, you'd think an axe accessory would be a given (especially since EM OP includes the shotgun that is meant to go with the Voyager DOTM Megatron figure).

A shame they don't appear to be compatible with Voyager Battle Blades Optimus. I have the Takara Advanced version and think the Annular Ring trailer would look great with him, but the seeming lack of compatibility with the weapons pack is a downer (just checked my figure and he doesn't have the standard 5mm peg/port hands, sadly).

Hopefully the jetwing pack accessory is able to fit on him since it would make the most sense for that mold rather than the Voyager EM OP mold.

I love FWI's stuff so I'll more than likely grab all three sets like the admitted movieverse whore that I am. :D 

:lol  Presumably only after he gets his wicked cool +5 Vorpal Cybertronian Knight Sword. Then yeah, he can do the Iron Man thing whenever he wants.

14. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By splitting them up, people who don't want it all can get what they want. I'm sure some people might just want some weapons, or maybe only want a jetpack, etc. And if you want it all, you just buy all three. It's win-win.

If you do want a transforming ring of murder, UFO made one for the leader toy.

15. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    This. The truth has been spoken.

A transforming armory trailer would be cool for the Battle Blades OP mold (and/or to give the EM mold a G1-ish trailer to pull around) but as a static set piece, this isn't bad at all.

16. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Why? The movie toys are awful to begin with. This seems like a waste of talent and skill put into it

17. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Hate to break it to you, but some of us here like those awful movie toys. ;)  FWI has only ever made upgrade kits for the movieverse figures too. I'll happily waste my money on said toys and upgrade kits. :D 

18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I like to assume that he always had the ability but never bothered to use it or tell anyone, so when Jetfire sacrificed himself in the second movie, Optimus thought to himself "dude, that really wasn't necessary!" :lol 

19. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    "But I'll still wear your corpse like a leotard!" :lol  It's like a throwback to the early G1 cartoon episodes where the Bots were all flying around without jetpacks, but then at some point mid Season 1, the creators retconned it where only the Cons had the ability to fly at will while the Bots needed either jetpacks to fly or a flight-capable alt mode to do so. :D 

20. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Personqlly I don't see it as too late. For people who already have an Evasion Prime they can add something extra. Pretty sure City Commander back in the day came out like a year after the classics two pack with UM. Not sure how much kater FWI4 came out but I'm oretty sure it came out 2013 so two years after DoTM ended. Point being it's never too late to offer fans something extra for figures they already have.
    Agree on the axe; that seems like a glaring omission. I do think these things make sense for Evasion Prime as much or more than Battleblades Optimus. Niether are quite the right body anyway since they don't have the DOTM abs. Battle Blades has the more accurate detailing in regards to things like the wheel plavement, those things above the windows, and alt mode (which hardly matters for a bot mode display) but Evasion Mode has the better proportions and a dead on face sculpt, accurate feet, more accurate legs (barring the wheels), and just a lot of details that make his body match the CGI quite closely. Granted I would 't mind Jetwings for both molds but if they only pick one voyager I definately feel Evasion Mode Optimus is the right one (needless to say it's also the more widely available one).