FansToys Sever FT-06 (Masterpiece Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, May 27, 2014.

1. Milan Martinez

Milan Martinez Member

Hello everyone, I am extremely new to the community. (Just joined, actually.) Please forgive me as I am not incredibly familiar with the rules of what to post where, but being that this is the FT Sever thread, I wanted to see if anyone knows how I might be able to purchase the replacement head without purchasing a Grinder figure? Any feedback would be very helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try contacting Fanstoys directly. If they have spares they might sell you one. Either that or open a want thread in the junkion forum and ask if anyone with a Grindor is willing to sell the head.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Milan Martinez

Milan Martinez Member

Sadly it says I'm not eligible to post in the junkion exchange yet. Is there a preferred contact for FansToys?

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    email Fanstoys at [email protected]
    or send dalianjj a PM.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Milan Martinez

Milan Martinez Member

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

7. h1gg1n5

h1gg1n5 Well-Known Member

Post deleted, got my hands on FT-06G. :) 

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Any updates?

9. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Wow. You might as well say: I’m lubed up and ready to take it!

But I guess it’s good to be prepared...

10. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Hi. Quick question, and my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (please bear with me, I just joined the forum).

I’ve been searching for Fanstoys Sever, and I’ve noticed some referred to as ‘Sever Howls’.

Could it be a variant or is it a knock off* of the FTs Sever? I do know FT do various different versions of their figures. I’ve seen Sever Howls going pretty cheaply. Pictures look the same but that doesn’t really mean anything.

I own the MP-08 Grimlock. A fantastic toy! A bit of a shame there are no official versions of the other dinobots. I prefer to support the original companies Takara and Hasbro if possible, but these and Gigapower’s offerings definitely look the business. Leaning towards FT, as I seem to prefer the dinosaur modes a bit better.

*I understand FT is itself a third party company. But since there is no official MP Dinobot aside from the Grimlock, I’m referring to another company copying FT’s designs here.

11. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the forum.

I believe the only FT figure to ever get KO'd was Quakewave (their Shockwave, Cloud 9 Quakeblast) but even that was distinctively different so you don't have to worry about getting a KO. That said I've never heard of any of FT's Dinobots going "cheaply", of course that could be just different definitions of what is "cheap".

Sever variants are Diaclone (black instead of grey), G2 (red instead of grey) and X (silver instead of grey). I've never seen "Howls" with it, but maybe someone else knows something about that.

MP-8 works fine with them in dino mode, but even with the boots that came with Scoria (FT's Slag) he is too short in bot mode with either FT or GP's dinos.

12. Mardroid

Thanks for the quick reply Curium! Here is one on ebay. Not sure the link will work though, being a newbie.
    New, Deformation toys third party FansToys FT-06 Sever howls dinosaurs | eBay

I saw another going for £76.99 on the net although I wonder if the website (wisworkgoods.com) is legit...

Still pretty pricey for toys but very reasonable for MP class figures.

Yes I’m aware of the size difference . I don’t really mind too much. Thank you for the information.

Edit- seems they have relaxed the ‘no links’ rule.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never seen them that low for sure (I think the cheapest I've seen was around $150, that one you linked to is $128 with the current exchange, they retailed at $200 each), but I checked it out and apparently he is on the good seller list (check link below). It is possible for even good Chinese eBayers to go rogue, but it is reasonably safe to buy from people others have verified. The most recent feedback on him on this forum was just January 8th,2020 (you can search posts in just that thread for a user name to see all the feedback he has here, around 40 just on this forum) so it is unlikely he would have gone rogue.

China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

14. Mardroid

The price only recently dropped. As I said, I saw it even cheaper on the Wisiwork website... but I don’t trust that. The scammer check website I used reckoned it was likely legit but they seem partly automated in nature.

Anyhow looking closer at the description on eBay I read:

“FansToys ft-06 Sever howling dinosaur reprint”

I’m thinking the ‘howls’ is perhaps taken from that slightly odd description, rather than being a version or something of that nature. Obviously written by someone writing English as a secondary language. Curious the description is elsewhere too, but that could be just due to the nature of copying and pasting on the net.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Snarl's official Chinese name is written as 嚎叫 which if put thru the translator is "howl".

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mardroid

Ha! Really? Trust me to overthink it, but it pays to be careful these days!
    Thanks!

17. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I don't think that you will be disappointed with him. He has a strong presence, and just looks generally awesome.

20180913_231924.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Does the reissue Sever already come with this face?
    Or is it from Grinder?

19. Mardroid

Nice! Thanks for posting.

I like the GP version too, particular the robot mode, and detail. The larger eyes of the dinosaur mode and the head /neck was a bit too cute and tortoiselike for me, though. And I think this version robot mode is better proportioned.

To be fair, I like them both in different ways.

And ... bought. (eBay,not the other. At least if things go wrong I have eBay’s protection facilities.)

I saw a review describing the so called ‘derpy’* face. Heh. I saw the reviewer’s point, but I didn’t think it that bad.

The new face would be nice, but if it’s the other, I can live with that.

* Not a word that I’ve heard used in England, but I instinctively knew what it meant when first coming across it. The sound ‘derp derp derp’ says it all, doesn’t it?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

I believe the face is only sold with Grinder. I have only had my Sever for about 2 years and definitely isn’t a first issue and he came with the “derpy face”.