FansToys Sever FT-06 (Masterpiece Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, May 27, 2014.

1. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Love it!!!

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    FANTASTIC job the both of you!!! Wow just wow, it looks amazing. Pre-order confirmed.

3. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

loving the look of the feet, something about the profile just makes him look awesome.

also the horns on the head sculpt are great, definitely gives him character. makes the guttur horns look like nubs.

alt mode ankle tilts? feels like the TF toy Holy Grail.

Wedge shaped head screams G1 toon in my eyes.

I love the usual "I can judge scale based on a couple of angled shots" arguments. But I don't see FT abandoning their scale concept just to make a GP size figure. Will be that he'll clock in at about Scoria or maybe just a tad taller height

4. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My horns are tarnishing, but the gold head and silver frill are still pristine. By "chromed plastic" I meant the technique used on the head/frill -- perhaps I used the wrong terminology?

5. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

How does the gold portion of the rear dino legs transform in bot mode? I am assuming they fold up into the forearms some how?

6. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

At first glance it looks like the panels on the upper thighs will fold over onto the lower part of the legs, creating the forearms. You can see how the part that is closes to the wrists is curved, so that is actually the part that is closest to the hip joint in dino mode. So what starts out as the outside in dino mode ends up folding over itself and becoming the inside of the forearms. So it has detailing on both sides. At least that's what it looks like to me.

7. unexpectedpanda

News Credits:
    At a guess, from alt to bot mode:

1. The thigh is hinged on the left and right. The rear is presumably like this too. This splits apart.
    2. Foot hinges upwards to sit flush with shin. On the front page, you can see other pics have a round indent at the top of the foot so it can fit over the hinge.
    3. Compartment at the back of the gold leg is hinged open to allow the fist to flip out.
    4. The left and right sides of the thigh are flipped downwards to cover the gold leg, then pegged back together.

8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Fantastic digibash Panda!!! If at all possible, would you be able to make a more toon / toy inspired one.

- Thighs in Black
    - Red hips, but black detailing is cool

Like the following pics

Attached Files:

9. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I wonder if they are going with a uniform height for the dinobots (other than Soar), or if they are using this image as a guide.

[​IMG]

If so, Slag is shorter than everyone but Swoop. Which I kind of dig. It would also mean that Sever and FT's Sludge and Grimlock could be a full head taller than MP-10.

Edit: On closer inspection this image has Sludge as the tallest, and I think Snarl is a bit taller than Grimlock, too (though that could be perspective).

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Awwwww yeahhhhhh.

11. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    The more I look at Dino mode the better it looks. A lot of thought has been put into the shape and it comes out beautifully. The back leading to the tail is perfect and well proportioned. The genius comes from the front. Although it looks slightly elongated, it gives contoured Robot mode legs which honestly I haven't seen captured in a figure. The way those thighs slightly bulge out and then curves in towards the knee and then curves out again is amazing. It's like they captured the flair of the cartoon.

The designer at FansToys is an amazing artist/engineer. I'm surprised TT haven't tried to make contact with him. I absolutely loathe 3rd party products but this genius can't be ignored.

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Hush your mouth. If TT stole him, they will restrict what he can do. I rather have him in the 3rd Party World.

Also, I don't think it's just 1 designer doing their stuff.

13. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Just about to order... there is only ONE version of Sever right (unlike Scoria and Soar)?

14. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Great bot mode, but why on earth did FT go out of their way to say their version of Snarl would have toes. They look about as pronounced as Gigas current design, they're just toes. I do not like the Dino mode though its like G1 but spread too thin...the back plates are not pronounced enough IMHO, the head is too wide and is the spine. I love the Dino mode limbs though they got that right.

15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    yes, only 1 version, go ahead and pre-order, this I command!!!

16. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious, with the improvements made to the hip area of Snarl, as well as the knees (doesn't look like the knee cap detaches from the shin when bent), whether FT's designer would have done anything differently if scoria could be done all over again.

Don't get me wrong, scoria is one of my favorite figures, still haven't put him up on the shelf, but the design of certain parts of snarl are noticeable improvements.

17. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

My suggested changes. Yes, I'm passionate about my dinos rofl. Everything else is fantastic

[​IMG]

18. TylerB

TylerB Well-Known Member

God I hope not, he/they need to stay right where he is at with Fans Toys.

19. unexpectedpanda

News Credits:
    Sure, easy fix.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I am good with the existing design, but like some your suggestion of the "This Design on Both Sides", and the "remove" too since I think we could put an emblem there regardless and thus seems not necessary to have it in dino mode (also cause Scoria didn't have it...). Simple yet effective.