FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like a I said, hugs grain of salt.;) 

Could I get an Interesting Rumors credit?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dpuff

Dpuff Blaster Was Right

News Credits:
    Not if i dont get one first

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dpuff

Dpuff Blaster Was Right

News Credits:
    No they conspire to put money in their wallets. Highly doubt its personal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Poors Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Hahaha. That’s a good one. “I’m rubber and you are glue.” Who came in here putting up “rules” that didn’t ever exist because they couldn’t handle the number of pings in their emails? Sounds like whining to me. “Oh no! I have to scroll through a couple of pages to see clearly posted links of available product and preorders! How dreadful!”

And a conspiracy is when two or more people work in conjunction to commit a crime. I’m sure scalpers aren’t grouping together in a plot to against regular consumers. They are just buying up stock to haw, which hasn’t been a problem lately except for the price increases by the retailers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    FT-60 No Whining confirmed!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Owl Obsessed

News Credits:
    It'd be nice if fanstoys took a page out of Bandai's book, and offered a direct site with Made-to-order preorders for figures.

Throw a PO up for a 1-3 month window, charge up-front, and you get it in the mail 6 months later.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. I thought the reference to 'Robert' was somehow related to Bobby. Apologies if I was mistaken.

8. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

This is supposed to be a hobby. You know, fun and community, and all that...

Want a PO alert? Sign up for the BBTS newsletter.

All of these toys will be purchasable for a year or more after release. The worst thing a collector could have to do is pay more if they miss a PO. Someone will be able to get you your bot.

People want to kill the discussion so they can save a buck while still ordering from American retail. Lazy and gross. These are all luxury items, so I really don't care if others who never participate are paying the "best price" or ordering from their one preferred retailer.

I'm more interested in the people that participate here, jokes, fan content, speculation, and new information than I am in PO drops.

The people begging for a "po only thread" should just make it and be done. I don't understand the point of complaining instead.

Also, there's a lot of water muddying from the "po thread only" people. A PO and a release date are not the same thing.

• Like Like x 8
  9. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, Robert D. He's one of the members of Shattered Cast. Bobby used to be on the Pod but it's been over a year since he left.

No worries man!

10. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Informing a fellow collector that a PO just went live is not something I consider "leeching". I have a friend who collects and they don't follow on FB, or on here, so I send them a text or WhatsApp with a link to a few sites when I hear news. I don't see that as him leeching off of my generosity.

Is it called generosity when someone buys up a whole bunch of FT figures and then distributes them to others for more than what they paid?

11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Won't you please think of our retailers?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Yes, but that depends on what the item that is being released and the fact that Bandai had licensed that IP.

The Bandai Dx Valkyries and Voltron preorders last seconds, minutes at most.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, all the store stock and new pre-order stuff only gets posted here because people are already here chatting. When it's dead, stuff just doesn't get posted. If anyone really wants to know if there's real news just watch the page count. The thread grows at a slow steady pace for nonsense and when something big pops it starts pumping out tons of new pages a day. Or quickly scroll through new messages for pictures (which usually get posted when something pops up somewhere).

• Like Like x 5
  14. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    But in your example, you two are friends. I assume you two talk to each other and crack jokes and so forth. I also speculate that you two probably have established some sort of bond and that if there were more of you, it might be considered a community. Interesting.

Yes, yes, please continue giving me examples that prove my points. We seem to be making progress here.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys-Only Collector

Now this may become confusing to some people :p 

61BE53E6-0513-4556-ACB9-AA3467FC72B3.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

You deserve a News Credit for that ;) . On the topic of the Takara paying Fans Toys I was watching that video you posted but it seemed like he was speculating to me (which all of this may be), or maybe he just wasn't confident enough in the way he was talking so I just think he's regurgitating rumors he's heard, and now (without hearing it mind you) I wonder if the Shattered Cast is talking about it because they saw his video and have heard rumors. I'm going to have to find them. Are they on Youtube or are they an Apple only cast? I think it'd be cool and all but I just don't see a company like Takara outsourcing, but not crediting, and a company like Fans Toys not wanting it to be public to further increase their brand as well.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it by using the ever useful Google.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    But you want me to work for it by paying attention to something I wish to purchase and see that multiple threads concerning those desired figures suddenly popped to the top also? Do I look like one of the poors to you? How dreadful!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Kevin Iaquinto

News Credits:
    I assume they're made to order, to a certain number.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    No, I get you. Just saying that the illegal nature of it dictates different conditions. FT can exist but it has to be cautious since it is one of the top 3rd party companies.

It seems to me that many people here use the preorders more as a sense of security because the recent trend is that FT has been producing enough figures to satisfy the market.

20. Kevin Iaquinto

News Credits:
    Oh, right, the IP infringement. *That* elephant in the room.

• Like Like x 1