FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we're talking semantics... Aren't all editions limited editions?

Just thinking about how these releases fit into the scheme of the entire universe.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

Not to derail, and it's been said before here, but if peeps have FOMO out on FT pre-orders, look at the Bandai DX Valkyrie. Now THAT is a limited edition, and they pretty much never re-issue with like maybe 2 or 3 exceptions in the past, and the DX line includes a huge number of variants. Snagging a PO is very difficult. I've never managed it. Had to buy a VF-1J Hikaru Ichijyo and VF-1S Roy Fokker via aftermarket. Had to pay about $300 for each. Sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

BBTS raised Apache's prices once again. Current price is $219.99

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

This precisely why I moved away from using BBTS, unless you snag a PO. They end up inflating prices. It's ridiculous, especially when TCP still has him for $199. Fans Toys FT19 Apache (Springer)

5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Man, at that point I either shoot for the fences and try to get a Valkyrie once I get my Robotech stuff in or I just deck out Phoenix in those custom toy parts once MP Skyfire comes out, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
  7. MetroSupreme

MetroSupreme Well-Known Member

That's it - the cost of a trip to the nudie bar as ol' Al Bundy used to say!

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Agreed (emphasis on the greed portion of the word)

10. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

To be fair, BBTS customer service for other lines fo toys (Mafex) is amazing and phenomenal, and I can’t fault BBTS for upcharging when they can. That customer service don’t come cheap.

11. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

So this is the infamous Baba? I've never used them before. How is it ordering from there and how much is shipping to the US? Also, I've heard some make mention of PO'ing with Baba and had their PO canceled due to insufficient stock at release. Is that true?

I'm not knocking BBTS. I just ordered Maketoys MTRM-15 Endgame and a couple Star Wars Vintage Collection figures from them last week. I mean more paying after+tax, if you will. If you PO, it is usually fine. For TF, they tend to jack prices fairly quickly after release.

I try to use TCP exclusively, but cannot always get a PO in. I have FT-47 Rig and FT-25 Outrider via TCP. I had to get FT-07 Stomp and RP-01B Cassettes from Toy Dojo, and FT-26 Tesla 2.0 and RP-01 Acoustic Wave through TFSource.

12. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Poors Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:

Better health insurance.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dpuff

Dpuff Blaster Was Right

News Credits:
    I am in no way advocating for the companies that start upping the price(especially on recently released figures) but I will still shop at any of these stores if they have what i am looking for at the best price. I have a kinda ranking in my head with tcp being first and tfsource/a3u tied for last with showz, terrys td, baba and a few others in between. The ranking is based mainly on customer service and business practices. As stated tho, best price gets my money. The ones doing the price hiking, i get it. Id probably do the same if i were in charge. As a collector tho it doesnt mean i have to like it, at the same time just bc I don't like it doesnt mean i wont shop there. They do what's best for them and i do whats best for me. If I didn't shop everywhere I didn't like their pricing on something I would literally not shop anywhere for anything

• Like Like x 4
  15. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    BBTS slow boats most of their figures to save money. They pass those saving onto...THEMSELVES and raise the price every few days

• Like Like x 6
  16. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Yep, you have to go through a lot of obstacles to purchase those Bandai Dx Valkyries. Even the smaller Arcadia ones are really expensive.

Bruh, get it right. Robotech veritechs vs Macross valkyries. Hahaha.

Most Macross fans despise Robotech. They get irate when you make those mistakes. I had to learn the hard way.

Yes, someone did that digibash of that Phoenix Jetfire and it looked awesome. FansToys probably won’t make it though because if they are scared of Takara, they’re probably petrified of Bandai.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Making smarter financial decisions. What a child! I usually wait a few weeks after release just to pay that premium TFSource price. I earned that manly ear hair!

• Like Like x 2
  18. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

If I remember correctly the original Spoiler release followed the original Quietus T release which was called a Limited Edition. It seemed as though that then got copied / applied to the release of Spoiler even though there did not appear Limited about it.

I’ve used Baba before and it’s fine. Free shipping etc

I think they got a smaller allocation of Thomas when he came out and some POs got cancelled. Shit happens

edit: people who preordered and paid in full, like me, got their figures though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. franpincho

franpincho unapologetic king

There was a re-stock for Brawn? damn it, I missed it.

Was it for the original MSRP?

• Like Like x 1
  20. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    This. No matter who the store is (at least to a degree in a logistics sense), if I have a use for them, i'll shop with them.

So fuck I just pulled their version of FIBRIR vs FIRRIB LMAO

Frenzy is blue kthx

Robotech/Macross has kinda been something I kinda flipped around randomly, while I kinda fell more towards Valkyrie rather than Veritech. Got Robotech on the brain anyway since I gotta ship my Kitzconcept figures of the main cast out soon since their POL deadline is fast approaching, hahaha.

• Like Like x 2