FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Or if designers really left… they took their designs for AW with them are are pulling Zeta on FT. Releasing it on their own and beating FT to the punch.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    No, it’s not when you have no leverage.

I don’t know how you guys aren’t spotting the flaw in your own theory, man… You keep saying that Takara ALLOWS FansToys to exist and could hit them with litigation anytime they want.

Even if the paper-thin deniability with Soundwave held up for them in a suit, they’d be at the mercy of an entity they had just flagrantly flouted and insulted every time they decided to make another toy.

Plausible deniability only works when you have leverage, man. It’s why talking yourself out of a conviction is so much easier than talking yourself out of an arrest.

3. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    I think FT is just being proactive here because Takara is more than likely developing a toon-accurate Soundwave. They zigzagged with the release of Grinder by selling the toon dino-head separately. They also delayed the release of Hoodlum when Takara dropped Hot Rod. FT seems to avoid making any waves (beyond the borrowing of their IP).

You are also talking about the Chinese legal system where supersizing a figure makes it not a KO. I think plausible deniability there consists of just a different name with a different PO box. Obviously this is just speculation from a casual.

Zeta’s Unicron was different situation though because they were putting the Haslab’s crowdfunding at risk. Zeta became cautious after that but the Studio Cell release was business as usual.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Which is not only hugely complicated in its own right, but it’s just also not in China’s interest to enforce most claims, especially from other countries. They’re a trade giant; they don’t have to do what anyone says.

They might be persuaded by companies like Disney on occasion, but most of the information we have about why 3P companies do what they do is anecdotal anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

It's also interesting that FT seems to have changed the presentation of Acoustic and the bots. The original Taobao preorders were for Acoustic only, with FT-02B being the 4 cassetes (I would expect they got this from FT itself in a time).

Now RP-01 includes Frenzy, but it would be better to include Laserbeak as the more classic look, right? Then again, by including Frenzy, FT forces anyone willing to have the classic look to buy RP-01B also.

Anyway, it's good that they included at least 1 cassete, because selling Acoustic without one would be weird.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lazerlips

Lazerlips Well-Known Member

This is one of the more popular characters. Was this one of the big 6 in a bsf sit down Saturday? What has been the most popular character they have done so far, Galvatron?

7. eightball386

eightball386 Active Member

Grimlock was also in BSF's iconic 6

• Like Like x 2
  8. SgtHound519

SgtHound519 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, I think my brain is still trying to process all these previous preorders still. Now with this whole Robot Paradise jazz, my brain's gettin' fried a bit concerning 3rd party. Obviously it's FTs design, whatever shape or form we will get it in. It's just gonna bug me if it doesn't fill that FT-02 slot. I'm happy they filled the 26 spot with Hoist after changing Chomp's number.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

FT-02 Autobot Spike

• Like Like x 6
  10. Blair Bear Tokyo

Blair Bear Tokyo Well-Known Member

Feels like we’ve got enough releases to last till the next Chinese New Year. So we shouldn’t be shocked if we get another 6 month block of radio silence in the future, right?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Be honest. Who's going to make a FT-02 sticker to put on the box to make it official? :lol 

Have any of you considered the QC sticker may change colors too? We need some KO green QC32 stickers NOW!

• Like Like x 7
  12. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
  13. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now there’ll be a fan market creating FT boxes for everyone’s RP releases.

Guys, will no one think of the QC stickers? They could be red, they could be triangular, everything’s on the table!

Haha, TFS gives no shits. When they asked everyone to sell the Insecticons as sets of 3 they were like “Nahhh.” When they asked to be called RP in September... “ Nahhh”

• Like Like x 8
  14. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Also from tfsource

RP-01 Acoustic takes your collection to the next level with this Masterpiece scaled, highly articulated 3rd Party transformable figure. This figure stands 9.0-inches tall in robot mode and transforms from a Cassette Player to robot and back. RP-01 Acoustic is Masterpiece scaled and will scale to other Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece series figures, 3rd Party Masterpiece scaled as well as other Fans Toys items aleady in your collection.

Fans Toys creates some of the most popular, coolest and creative premium 3rd Party figures available around. Fans Toys produces Masterpiece-scaled figures that are full of detail and the ideal collectible for the serious collector. Each Fans Toys 3rd Party figure is manufactured to the highest standards. Most figures contain highly detailed, die-cast parts and you’ll find them to be versatile, articulate and durable.

Start your Fans Toys Collection today with RP-01 Acoustic. Add this highly sought after piece to your collection today at TFSource, your source for Fans Toys and 3rd Party collectible transforming figures.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

16. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    So, I don’t want to dismiss that first part about triangular QC stickers - because A+ stuff, dude - but this characterization of TF Source as the dismissive, lazy coworker who just flakes off on all of your biggest work moves is so hard to dispute as accurate that I’m just going to start pretending that this is how their management handles every memo.

“Another letter from Unique Toys telling us to stop calling their Galvatron ‘Zero’…”

“Throw it in the trash.”

• Like Like x 4
  17. SgtHound519

SgtHound519 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A lot of speculation with this new name, but why is it that the first new figure of the year has the name, but the others after are still keeping the FT name?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
  19. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

I called the name change here in this thread Jan 7th 2021. I’m just a variant from the future.

• Like Like x 7
  20. eightball386

eightball386 Active Member

May have already been pointed out but interesting that TFSource doesn't seem to be limiting quantity at all (I only stacked 1 myself). I wonder if that indicates something about the run size, or if it is just a mistake on TFSource's part

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.