FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Is Apache not a good figure? Preorder for its reissue isn’t selling out like the bugs or Dino’s

• Like Like x 2
  2. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's good but he's just not "Home run, best in class, unbeatable" good

• Like Like x 2
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    It's an ok figure.
    - Good bot mode.
    - Awesome helicopter mode.
    - The "car" mode is too long.

If you like transforming your toys and don't mind alt modes that are not screen accurate, then I would recommend MMC Saltus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Competition from XTB and MMC

• Like Like x 1
  5. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I’d bet dollars to donuts most of the Stateside fandom here is under 150K if they’re joint fillers lol

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    In CA, we'll have another round of stimulus.

We have to continue this party, otherwise this country will crumble faster than cheese.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

I have him and couldn't be happier. If I had to rate each mode, the robot mode is an 8/10 and helicopter is 9/10 but the car is only 5/10. There are some slight proportion issues with his shoulders in my opinion but he's the best G1 toon Springer out there.

8. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    See, I’m not so sure about that, at least, not joint-filers who make under 150 and have kids.

Because that’s where we are. I don’t have a joint income of a quarter-million a year, but I also didn’t reproduce. In fact, I made sure that wouldn’t happen and got snipped.

The only over-priced, insanely demanding expense I want in my life is a full set of Dinobots. And my cat. I spend a bunch of money on her, but the president doesn’t seem too keen on cutting me a break for her.

9. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys-Only Collector

I am still seeing it in the distance...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

This made lol, not because I'm laughing at you but because I get it. When I was young, all I wanted was to be a dad, and the older I got, the more jaded I became. Lop on some wonderful health issues, including 17 days in a hospital (thanks Covid!), and I don't feel like I could keep up with a kid. I can afford to have one now without worrying about providing, and I am blessed for that, but I am no longer in a mental state where I can fathom a kid at nearly 45. I tried, and it didn't happen, so I stopped trying. Seemed to me like mama nature was telling me to move on.

It isn't smart of me (possibly anyone) to invest thousands of dollars on collectables, but I do. I have Legacy Star Wars stuff, M.A.S.K., Hot Toys and ofc my MP Transformers. I'm buying myself all the shit my broke ass parents couldn't afford. My Dad could drop $250/month for cigarettes, but God forbid I get a $20 Transformer. Not to go into my life story, but I'm just saying everyone has their hobbies, yanno? Life is short, and one should live it how they choose, to the best of one's ability. I'm all for planning for a rainy day, and you have to, but damned if I'm not going to enjoy the sun while it is shining.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I just had my right hip operated on yesterday and am in a brace and on a cane for about a month or two, and it’s stuff like this that really made me get into collecting.

Taking care of my cat right now is difficult enough because she seems to be actively angry about either the anesthesia or my injury, because she normally demands to be held during most of her waking time. But now, she’s sensing something she doesn’t like because it’s a no-go for her.

There’s just no way I could raise a kid. I’ve had two surgeries on my hip, one on my shoulder and a repaired deviated septum - along with all the other, usual stuff like a vasectomy, wisdom teeth, etc. Maintaining my own health is expensive enough.

I think a lot about how much of an investment this stuff really can be considered, but so far, on everything I’ve bought and then sold, I’m doing well. The biggest loss I’ve suffered was a copy of Andras which I just sold for about $150 prior to fees. So, I got him for $130 and I’ll likely clear $110.

But it’s funny you use the cigarette thing because it’s the exact example I use when people ask how I manage this stuff: $8 a day for a month = MP-52/Virtus/Quietus preorder.

This took the place of some much nastier, much more harmful hobbies anyway, so I’m glad to throw down the cash for something which I may lose $20 per figure on reselling.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

He's not the most toon accurate option (that would be Saltus, who is getting reissued as well, for a lower price).

The Dinobots and Insecticons, on the other hand, are the most toon accurate options available.

So Apache loses out on a lot of that "toon accuracy above all" audience (such as myself).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Every day, I get closer and closer to buying this figure.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a great bot, I have it on preorder after selling the original deco while owning Apache. I don't think either is objectively better than the other.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Then, I’m sold. I just pulled my copy of Apache from my Stack at TF Source and put down the deposit on Saltus.

I still want XTB’s version to be a good piece because the aesthetics are remarkable, but between XTB’s run-around bullshit and TF Source’s constant, craven price-hiking, I’m pretty much done chasing after subpar products from second-class retailers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Where's the cat tax credit!? Thanks, Obama!

• Like Like x 3
  17. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get ya. I want the XTB to do well but I'm not sure I trust it until reviews come out. They haven't said anything about it but I think it was going to be another Locke and they got ahead of it before release. Virtus LOOKS great but after holding a Locke in hand I'm extremely hesitant.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    This guy gets it. If there's one thing that is destroying our country, it is the way that the VA doesn't stand for 'veterinarian's affairs.'

It's funny you say that, because I can't think of a single time where I've ever hoped that any figure would be bad... And yet, someone on here once (laughably) tried to call me an "XTB fanboi" (?) or a "3rd party simp." Something completely asinine because I was hopeful that Virtus would be a good offering and we'd get a truly cartoon-accurate Springer representation... But "3rd-party" is a pretty broad term, so 'simping' for an entire wing of the collecting industry has got to be really difficult when they're typically in direct competition with each other. You might as well call someone a "Transformers simp" or a "collecting fanboi" at that point.

I think boomers need to just stop adopting the slang of young people.

Anyhow, I own Locke. He is a beautiful figure. When he stays together. I've owned him for six months and while mine didn't break in the box and I've never transformed him, he's still so fragile that his hand just spontaneously comes unplugged from his wrist and his feet have almost completely dilapidated to the point of flopping around if he moves even slightly. So, I returned my order for Virtus until we get some kind of idea on how this is going to go.

And speaking of people making asinine remarks about XTB, one of their actual white knights started trying to defend their honor on Facebook when I repeated @Craigmcgowan1984's call for a sign-up list for replacement Lockes - a de facto pre-order listing, essentially - when some nitwit replied and told me that I "should've done this a loooooooooooooong time ago cuz they've told us to email them, like, fifty times lolz..." XTB's social media editor even responded and agreed with them.

This really makes me think that they are going to disappoint in some drastic, unforgivable way because I've talked with them a lot about wanting more than just vague, undefined assurances (which frequently contradict each other) from Keith, Miss Zou and their Facebook team. Because if you ask them something like, "Can you tell me for sure that I will be getting a replacement copy of Locke for just the cost of shipping and tell me whether or not I need to return this copy to qualify?" they WILL. NOT. ANSWER. YOU.

I've kept screenshots, but this is one of the primary reasons why so many people just adore FansToys - myself included to a limited degree. I only have seven of their pieces with two more bugs on the way and plans to snag a few others, but while my purchases from them are sporadic, I also have little concern paying them the extra cash because I know that I can get what I want in return for it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bruh, at this point, I just want them to finish their toy version Stunticons. After that, I don't care if we never see anything from them and their cussword plastics again.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I’m still on the hook for their Eligos, but that is strictly contingent on Locke. I love Cyclonus and really want a bulked up version of him on my shelf, but my patience is wearing thin.

Already this month, I’ve returned Nero and Virtus and used those returns to pay for two Gigapower Dinobots. I’m not leaving money tied up with an unreliable company for figures which are a total mystery while shelling out more cash for good figures which are actually being released.

• Like Like x 1