FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Screenshot_20210623-170946_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess it shouldn't be surprising that someone who mistakes assumptions for facts also confuses others expressing dismay at their pattern of behavior as some sort of personal attack. At least you're maintaining consistency in plowing ahead with faulty assumptions, so there's that.
    I'll try again to help clarify for you where you are mistaken: Toy Dojo got a lot more than two cases of that figure. You don't even need to know anything behind the scenes about FT's supply chain and distribution to know that. All you'd need to do is pay closer attention to what Paik said in the video, which is that those two cases were sent to him by Toy Dojo to distribute to some of their East Coast customers. Not all of Toy Dojo's customers. Not all of their stock of that figure. Just two cases, to assist with last-mile distribution to a specific regional portion of their customer base.
    So stating "toydojo got 20 (2cases) of Quitus T" is not correct, and as a result trying to draw conclusions with that faulty assumption is not giving you any real "perspective on just how many US retailers get compared to Chinese retailers". You don't know how many units US retailers got (you don't even know how many Toy Dojo got) and you don't know how many Chinese retailers have access to.
    You see US retailers sell out and you see Chinese retailers seem to take unlimited orders, but nothing about Paik receiving two cases from Toy Dojo gives you any additional relevant information regarding the ratio of units available to either side of that equation.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Owl Obsessed

News Credits:
    I want a red sever so bad, but not for $300+

I wonder if they will ever do that again.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AbsolutionX

AbsolutionX Member

So a question to those of you using TFS-Express, have any of you been able to actually contact them recently? Got tired of paying the TFS tax so I placed my first order with them for Rig and couple of New Age bots and was trying to order Tesla when it was up but forgot my password. Upon trying to get a new one I have gotten nothing in response and about a week later I still haven't received any email from them about the status of the order, just a PayPal receipt that I payed them. I'm used to delays on orders but not being able to contact them via the password reset or the contact us, I was wondering if anyone else knew of anything.

6. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

It's unsustainable for Fanstoys. When scalpers buy up all your stock and sell it on the aftermarket, collectors aren't falling all over themselves to buy something at a 25% or more markup. If collectors can't get the figures for the initial price, the vast majority aren't going to buy the figures at the marked up price and they'll just go to something else. That means that eventually fanstoys won't have a market when scalpers stop buying them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Except scalpers don't buy directly from FansToys. They buy from retailers. FansToys have made their money. If scalpers end up losing money, they won't repeat their antiques which means fans should be able to find what they want from retailers without too much effort and extra markup.

• Like Like x 4
  8. 4249david

Ebay:
    I've spoken to them in the past couple of days. Try using [email protected]

9. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Yes, and that doesn't matter. The scalpers only buy FT figures to sell them on the aftermarket. If the scalpers are the only ones that get he figures, then there is a section of the collecting public that will become disenfranchised. With the prices already bloated, they will become even more bloated due to aftermarket prices. Just look at how much Lupus is going for on ebay. it's insane.

It's really simple economics. When the collectors no longer are willing to pay bloated prices from scalpers, then those collectors will move on and no longer follow Fanstoys, and that will eventually lead to them going out of business.

• Like Like x 1
  10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    FT can always reissue certain things just like what they are doing now. And so far they are doing well. Many retailers have also imposed limits on how many you can purchase at one time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 4249david

Ebay:
    Can someone remind me of when stomp and soar are due to release in China? Did we get confirmation of which months?

12. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I was a little surprised as well that people were so insistent on this being a deliberate behavior on your part, but if it is, then I get the annoyance. You’re not “stating facts,” you’re extrapolating from incomplete data, which is theorizing.

You might even be right, but that’s aside from the point that FansToys (like most 3P companies) deliberately keep people in the dark about how they do things. There has never been a verifiable tally on total production runs, overhead, profit margins, etc.

I don’t know what it is, but it has been a great week for Thor Ragnarok meme usage.

My apologies for being an asshole, but about 95% of the time somebody says this phrase, what follows is always wrong. This is not an exception.

What you’re describing isn’t even economics, it’s just theorized consumer behavior and trends. I get the connection between economic supply and demand and consumer behavior, but if you’re going to use the phrase ‘really simple economics,’ you shouldn’t then immediately contradict the concept that as demand increases or stays the same while supply is reduced, value increases.

That
    is simple economics. It’s not always true and it definitely gets more complicated, but what you’re talking about is a form of consumer social patterns, and it’s vague at best. You’re saying that people will get frustrated and stop buying due to spikes in scalping… If your point was actually about economics, you could then point out one of two things - that either prices would then fall due to less demand until they reached a tolerable level or that new buyers would step in and maintain current values. People don’t cling to principles as far as Chinese toy manufacturers go. If FansToys goes under, it’s not going to be because some random people online took a stand against the secondhand market.

I’m sorry to be blunt, but as much as I dislike scalping and FansToys buyers’ incessant need to pretend that they operate at a loss, what you’re writing just comes across like bitter, former-customer fantasies about hoping your ex goes downhill and regrets losing you because ‘you won’t be there waiting for them.’

You don’t represent FansToys’ market-space. Neither do I. You shouldn’t disguise your ideas as Econ 101.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys-Only Collector

So what may be inside this big box that I found near home?

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 13.44.56.jpeg

Oh, it’s Terminus! So glad he finally came to visit!

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 13.45.21.jpeg

Oh, he also brough Koot and the two Ark books! He’s a great friend :p 

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 13.45.53.jpeg

I like him!

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 14.46.56.jpeg

One of my cats like him!

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 14.46.56 (1).jpeg

Poor Phoenix, once the tallest, now relegated to the background

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 14.46.57.jpeg

As I hoped, the Chinese edition of the Ark books is also in English.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 14.49.43.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  14. Marcelo Antunes

Stomp in August, Soar estimated July-August 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

I probably know the answer(TaoBao), but where did you get the chines Ark books?

16. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I had ordered the red Sever when he came out and I was actually slightly disappointed in him. He did look really nice in bot mode but the difference in the red between the plastic and the paint was a lot more noticeable in hand.
    If they did redo him it would be cool if they could get a closer match on the plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marcelo Antunes

You are a smart guy :p 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tzvika

Tzvika Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    October is empty so far

19. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    September too I think.

20. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Fans Toys like:
    [​IMG]

Waiting to drop 2 more surprise pre-orders on us at any moment.

• Like Like x 7