FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Purely as a guess I would say yes Magnum would be next, at least among new figures. Generally the first level confirmation are the figures that are widely available for pre-order (so more stores besides just ShowZ who puts them all up with placeholders). Right now the only figures available are the Roadking reissue, Sheridan, and Hunk. Beyond that nothing is confirmed as soon. Figures in color such as Magnum, Iceman, Dunerider, and Thomas are safe to assume to be closest, but we have no clue which order FT will chose to do them or what reissue/repaints may get mixed in. My basic thought would be Thomas would be last among those since he was only revealed this year, but with how quickly he progressed to be in color FT has clearly prioritized him so he could potentially even be next after Hunk, but there is no way to know yet.

2. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hogwart, featuring the left hand of QC #31!! :D 

I honestly don't know. I think the best info we have is a Roadking reissue... but who knows.

A Roadking reissue would make sense if the demand is there, and a dearth of Roadking's might reduce the number of Spoiler/Magnum/etc they are able to sell. One could assume that most people who purchased Roadking are in for the set... but if people can't find a Roadking, it could reduce the demand for the individual cars. Fans Toys has nailed it with their first two Stunticon releases.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2019
  3. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

You can definitely move Goose into the released section now!

9638660E-2577-4910-B6BD-CECB0C348AC4.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Skullcruncher next please, prefer they finish what they started before moving too far away.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  6. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

We’ve not seen Bandit yet. Just Magnum and Smokey... right?

7. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You're right, I made that correction... I accidentally pasted it under Bandit when it was Smokey that was revealed.

Also, there were some additional photos of acoustic wave that can be seen in this youtube video (time is 125 and 801). I'll try to paste the links, but the forum may alter them.

Acoustic Wave here
    Additional photos here

From the SCG 11 Convention in Shanghai

FT-44 Thomas color test shot shown
    FT-43 DuneRider color test shot shown
    FT-45 Spindrift 2.0 Color test shot shown (partial paint, first time paint has been shown)
    FT-41 Sheridan color test shot shown
    FT-42 Hunk color test shot shown
    FT-44 Thomas color test shot shown
    FT-31D Smokey color test shot shown (first time paint shown)
    FT-31B Magnum color test shot shown
    FT-30B Iceman color test shot shown (first time paint shown)

8. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

i agree, i'm really looking forward to this one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I too am really looking forward to Skullcruncher... he must land in 2020 right. It's been almost 2 years since announcement! People said Jabber felt dated because he was designed before the likes of Roadking and Maverick and now Goose, so I wonder how dated people are going to judge him as? Personally I'd rather he felt the same as Lupus and Dracula for the continuity of the trio... and I can not wait!

I've been looking through my collection recently and thinking how much I love this hobby and of how lucky I feel to be witnessing this time of MP representations of the figures and characters I loved so much as a kid, and still do. I also look at the characters I most want to see that are not currently represented and I hope that FT will bring them to fruition one day in the near future. I love the idea that someone previously mentioned that the 6 consecutive empty FT number slots are reserved for the combiners teams:

Defensor, Computron, Abominus, Predaking, Bruticus and Devastator now that we have FT30 and 31 on the way and looking strong. Is that the case? I guess we just don't know yet...

Which do we think will be next after Superion and Menasor? I personally hope Defensor or Computron just to give me some more time to appreciate the current combiners I have... I think Bruticus just has too many good representations to make it a worth while investment for FT right now and TW's Devy is still pretty awesome an he doesn't really need an updated version just yet...

Beyond the Combiners I think I'd like to see the TargetMasters, but every time I mention this I get shut down like I've announced Optimus Prime as the greatest leader of all time in a feminist board meeting. I can't help to see the glaring gaps in my Re:birth shelves... is it so bad I'd like to see TH, MF and SS?

I get there's a lot of people who want the entire G1 like up from FT but there's also those of us who wouldn't mind seeing something new over a redesign of an existing character. Perceptor is really the only character I think deserves a redesign as of right now and based on what is available for each character at this moment in time (whether from FT or from elsewhere)...

I just look at the current FT schedule and wonder how long it'll take them to clear the back log of outstanding releases... If this year is anything to go on it may actually be quicker than we all might have though at the beginning of this year.

Thomas, Berserk, Dunerider, Sheridan, Hunk, AcousticWave, the remaining combiner bots... Hollywood, Viper, Iceman, Magnum, Bandit, Smokey... what's that? 12... oh and Outrider (who I don't really feel I need to replace anyway)... then we have teases for Cliffjumper and Huffer? Redesigns of Hunk for a potential Outback? Even at a one a month come 2020 that'll take us into 2021 easily...

Anyway, back to my original reason for commenting: I love this hobby!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You left out Chomp from your list at the end, and there is also Seaspray v2 and Fort Max.

Also there are 7 unannounced figures from FT-32 - FT-38. Assuming the 7th one is also a combiner it is unknown if it is Piranacon or Raiden. Most assumptions I've seen have been Piranacon, probably because his toy came out in the west, but Raiden was in the cartoon first (Headmasters compared to Masterforce for Piranacon).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you want to make an objective, realistic list of all the important figures that don't have a legit/toon/scale accurate MP option at the moment, IMO it'd go something like this...

Autobots (In Order of Importance/Necessity)

1. Brawn (In Progress)
    2. Brainstorm
    3. Highbrow
    4. Air Raid (In Progress)
    5. Fireflight (In Progress)
    6. Slingshot (In Progress)
    7. Alpha Trion
    8. Nightbeat
    9. Getaway
    10. Crosshairs
    11. Sureshot
    12. Elita-1
    13. Chromia
    14. Firestar
    15. Moonracer
    16. Nautica
    17. Windblade
    18. Hot Shot
    19. First Aid
    20. Streetwise
    21. Blades
    22. Groove
    23. Rewind (In Progress MMC)
    24. Eject (In Progress MMC)
    25. Ramhorn (In Progress MMC)
    26. Steeljaw (In Progress MMC)
    27. Metroplex
    28. Fortress Maximus (In Progress)
    29. Warpath (In Progess)
    30. Windchager
    31-36. Trainbots/Raiden
    37. Broadside

Decepticons:

38. Astrotrain (In Progress)
    39. Blitzwing (In Progress)
    40. Ratbat
    41. Wildrider (In Progress)
    42. Drag Strip (In Progress)
    43. Dead End (In Progress)
    44. Razorclaw
    45. Tantrum
    46. Headstrong
    47. Divebomb
    48. Rampage
    49. Skullcruncher (In Progress)
    50. Scorponok
    51. Darkwing
    52. Dreadwind
    53. Triggerhappy
    54. Slugslinger
    55. Misfire
    56. Venom
    57. Trypticon
    58. Helex (In Progress MMC)
    59. Tesarus (In Progress MMC)
    60. Hotlink
    61. Bitstream
    62. Slipstream
    63. Nightbird
    64. Overkill
    65. Slugfest

Not Necessary, but would be nice:

Autobots:

1. Cliffjumper
    2. Hoist
    3. Trailbreaker
    4. Jazz
    5. Perceptor
    6. Sandstorm
    7. Blaster
    8. Arcee
    9. Huffer (In Progress)
    10. Scoop
    11. Landfill
    12. Quickmix
    13. Rung
    14. Pyro
    15. Rotorstorm
    16. Dogfight
    17. Backstreet
    18. Override
    19. Topspin
    20. Twin Twist
    21. Beachcomber (In Progress)

Decepticons:

22. Barrage
    23. Chop Shop
    24. Ransack
    25. Shockwave
    26. Soundwave (In Progress)
    27. Spinister
    28. Quake
    29. Needlenose
    30. Ruckus
    31. Crankcase
    32. Windsweeper

So yeah, FT has their work cut out for them. If they release 6-7 new figures per year, it'll take them a decade to get to them all, and that's assuming they'd prioritize these over anything else, which is obviously fantasy on my part. I listed just Getaway among the Autobot Powermasters and just Nightbeat among the Autobot Jr. Headmasters because they were the only "important" ones, in my view.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I did! I realised as I posted... He's highlighted on my physical list in pink highlighter because he's the one I would like the most before all the others we're talking about. I also plan on getting Cerebros and Fort Max. You know after that it'll be Scorponok as we can't have an MP scaled Autobot base without a Decepticon one. I'm sure we'll get the Con TM's in that window. I agree that the 7th unused number would be Piranacon if they are in fact assigned to all the combiners. I'm not interested in Raiden myself, or Piranacon to be honest.

13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that FT-30C Goose is out, what FT release is next and when?

14. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Stunticon Magnum aka WildRider. Unless something else slots in unexpected?

I'm not opposed to an early/surprise Thomas (AstroTrain) release either. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any ETA?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I asked dalianjj on November 5th (could have changed since) and the next 3 after Goose in order are a Roadking reissue, Sheridan, and Hunk. Roadking should be out in January. I'm not sure exactly how Chinese New Year (Jan 25th IIRC) will affect Sheridan's timing though.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Bruticus88

Awe. I was hoping for Magnum sooner. Sheridan and Hunk huh... that won't be for awhile. I was hoping for a new release sooner, rather than later.

:( 

18. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I’d be cool with a pattern of Autobot X, Decepticon X, Autobot combiner, Decepticon combiner and just repeat that for 10 years

19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excluding Roadking re-release, Sheridan should be next, before another combiner limb. Possibly Hunk as well if they can get those two out together more quickly.

20. Bruticus88

I was looking for something new in January. :(