FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

Fans Toys FT-47 Rig is already sold out? When did this drop? I've been trying to keep up with the thread, but these pre-orders at my normal retailers are drying up so quick. This is kinda crazy. No wonder prices are increasing. Demand is there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dpuff

Dpuff #Free Christiano

News Credits:
    Pos were yesterday. Tfsource had them up and tcp announced their 3pm po the night before. The rest was throughout the day

3. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I really wish Fanstoys would just sell a new Tesla face made by the new guy along with maybe some accessories and take that 2.0 off the production load

I think tcp sold out around 5 est

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

Dang. Well, I appreciate the info. Thanks. Now I just have to find a reasonable place to pick it up. Does anyone know of any pre-order spots still open? I see ShowZStore and Bombusbee do, but it's a down payment and they're not showing the actual price. I don't particularly like it when you put a deposit on something you don't have a final price for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tfs-express will be opening pre orders "next week" so check them.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will invariably be less than US prices, at worst the same.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Clearly I enjoy the figures that Fans Toys produces. I like the figures and I have a lot of respect for their ongoing support service for their figures... I have been able to get replacement parts/pieces in the past. I've long thought that they're the best in the Masterpiece industry, and that includes Takara.

However... we're reaching new price levels with a short supply and it's worth considering the economic impact.

In short, when the prices are high and there is too much demand, it is a strong invitation for KOs to enter the market. This happens in China all the time. I have hard that Fans Toys has been able to prevent their figures from being KO's by refusing to sell to retailers who soldCloud9's Quakeblast (which was a retooled version of their Quakewave). That may be a very strong deterrent, as long as retailers have something to lose. I'm under the impression that there are smaller retailers that are now getting nothing from Fans Toys.

The recent crackdown on KOs may have reduced this potential competition, and this may have contributed to the increased prices.

Lastly, I personally believe that the greatest barrier to Fans Toys figures being KO's is that nobody else in this market space has shown that they can match their quality and finish.

I'm not advocating for Fans Toys KOs. I think that Fans Toys has beaten the competition and they deserve the rewards for their efforts. All I am saying is that if demand is not being met and there's too much money being left on the table to avoid counterfeits in this industry.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    that’d be fine by me. Zero interest in the tapes. MMC’s are way better

• Like Like x 4
  9. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I updated the original post:

2021-06-03 - FT-51 Chomp (Skullcruncher) figure details added. Updated the expected next releases.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Zagginhoof

Zagginhoof Well-Known Member

“Grinder”, “jabber”, “chomp”... making sense now

• Like Like x 3
  11. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Well-Known Member

FansToys should be renamed to FriskyToys.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But in reality, the fit and finish is pretty irrelevant for a KO maker - they aren't competing, they making the same for cheap, because they can sell it and still make their own $$$. Either by duping customers or being legitimately 'nearly as good but a lot cheaper', or by just being available to buy.

It just happens that our KO world have had some decent output from companies like WJ that brought in the '4th Party' moniker - these have either been tweaks of the original design, or built close to being on par with the original version. There are few actual straight KOs of 3P stuff.

You would think someone would reverse engineer the FT Dinos and pump them out for $100 each. People would buy go crazy, like they did for Reximus Prime and the MP36 KO. Those are as or more complex than FT and well made. Right? There are 1000s of AliExpress and Ebay shops worldwide who've never heard of FT to be threatened by them, who could sell them.

But, maybe in real terms the market just isn't there like we think it is?

For official stuff, sure (and we know there are factory leaked \ QC fails put on sale, so who's to stay these KOs are not just run from official molds on the sneak by factories?), but for FTs few thousand volume per release it probably just isn't worth the risk.

We just perceive that there IS super high demand because of aftermarket prices and pre-order availability, and this hobby has been growing with new collectors as Transformers is popular toy wise, yet MP versions of core characters are fairly limited in choice.So we see the "wish i could get xxx" from new collectors in the forums.

When really, nearly all small production run collectibles become scarce after a while, and toys like the Dinos and Insecticons are old now, and you can see those voices in most forums for collectibles that don't really have a KO scene to steer conversation to "why no KO?".

I suspect that's why no KOs have come out - risk and demand not being truly viable or meeting minimum production runs. Yes there would be the risk of FT threatening sellers, but so what, Showz and TFDirect won't carry the KO. Plenty of others can, those with no FT connection. Or maybe those people with the skills to actually do the reverse engineering etc don't want to tread on any toes and risk losing out on other work.

If you had contacts and the $$$$ cash on hand to reverse engineer, create molds, produce, package and sort distribution a few thousand copies of a KO Stomp, would you risk all your cash and do it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Join the club. Seems every time I check the thread I missed another Fans Toys flash preorder.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    I think I’ve been spayed and neutered.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

It's not sold out. Here you go!

【Pre-order】Fanstoys FT-47 Rig Huffer

• Like Like x 8
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When you're featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If these lockdowns in China keep expanding, we'll want to keep an eye on the impact that could have on 3P TF production.

17. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Not this shit again! We just got out of lockdown around here.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks. I used these guys for the bug reissue and just received notice that FT-13 is about to ship. Happy to see at least one place on the internet isn’t getting completely ransacked of available FT pre orders. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically.

News Credits:
    God dammit, it's literally the meme of Moe and Barney but in real life.

[​IMG]

Let's hope this doesn't get worse.

• Like Like x 3