FansToys release schedule (past/present)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ROXXOR, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Coops

Coops Member

Has anyone ever had a preorder cancelled on showzstore? They state that they will honour the preorder price but I’ve got Blitzwing on order for £100 and outrider for £69. With current FT prices they would be selling them at a loss, when eventually released,surely? TBF they did sell me Brawn for £55 but for the other two it would be almost like stealing them.

2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

XTB changed up their Springer/Virtus. Went from $120 to $180. ShowZ handled it by saying XTB canceled the item you pre-ordered, so you can either have a full refund or they had a special price of like $155 to upgrade to the new premium version. So ShowZ couldn't take a loss, but did offer a discount for those with a current PO.
    I'm sure many retailers will need to do something similar when FansToys Blitzwing finally comes back from redesign purgatory.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Coops

Coops Member

Yeah that makes sense, probably get them at with a discount on the actual sale price.

4. Rubber John

Rubber John Toei all the way

Ebay:
    I wonder if people were complaining to them, so they pulled the shipping note for the later orders. I might be wrong, but I think the first batch might have processed with free shipping also.
    It will be interesting to see if the people who had the disclaimer while ordering will be asked to pay extra for shipping; or any of us for that matter, or if we all get it for free. There are clearly two different scenarios here.

5. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

The bugs listing still has the disclaimer that the shipping fee is not included.

6. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So the Insecticons start shipping this month right? So any place that didn't ask for payment is gonna be asking for it in the next 2 weeks? But I guess we may not know the Bombu shipping situation until July when they'd all be shipping out? I'm ok with them working on the combiner as long as they need to get it working right, but they should also get a couple new single figures out like Acoustic Wave, Tesla

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rubber John

Rubber John Toei all the way

Ebay:
    Very odd. I bought mine from the last batch and it never appeared anywhere. Free shipping from the start, all the way through to confirmation and email receipts.

8. Disco 25

Disco 25 Well-Known Member

So is this supposed to be one shipment in three boxes? Or will they ship separately?

9. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

TCP says they'll get a bug sent a month from May to July but have to hold them all until they get them all, and then they can ship to customers as 3. I guess that's why TFSource has them dated for September.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Disco 25

Disco 25 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I gotta say with Quietus, Apache and the Bugs, as well as Spindrift and Smokey, FT are actually releasing even more figures at this time than last year. Would be great to see some new moulds, as I'm sure everyone is keen for. I hope that pic saying Bandit and Acoustic Wave are upcoming turns out to be true!

• Like Like x 3
  11. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't have any problem with the reissues tho, as I've been able to pick up some figures I don't have.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

I did have one order with them that had shipping. Sovereign was $18 for shipping so i'm hoping the bug boxes are cheaper than that since I seriously doubt they'll weigh more or be anywhere as big as Sovereign or his box.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Teletran-1

News Credits:

Yeah the 3 together should have no more size and weight than one Dinobot or Phoenix sized box. They’re pretty small individually.

794CAE87-5E30-4BDE-8F22-7D58C979079B.jpeg 9E7CCA3B-D91A-41B5-858A-4383C410F653.jpeg 8D6AAFBB-A4D2-4A96-B16C-A40433344C3E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Blingotron

Oh nice. I was going to ask if someone could do this but figured it'd be an imposition, so I didn't ask. :oops: 

Thanks for doing this, though. I really hope the shipping will be reasonable considering their size.

• Like Like x 4
  15. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The first 2 or 3 batches they did of quantity 8 or so when the price was at $359 did not have the message and the sale processed like a normal transaction with free shipping, so for anyone not aware of that message or part of the discussion will be expecting free shipping so we'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Teletran-1

News Credits:
    Did the price change each time they put bugs up, or just the last time? I wonder if they’ll use the “shipping” to balance everything to whatever the highest price ends up being.

17. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I wanted to say earlier that the boxes for the bugs were no bigger than the car bots or mini bots so they should be able to know what they want to charge for shipping if they want to give a nice rounded figure. Doing it like that they dont need actual product in hand. Seeing as they want to wait till product arrives to calculate shipping almost has me nervous thinking of stores like Robot Kingdom where they calculate for one bot of similar size to be around $30. Last time I checked that I added a few other bots thinking maybe its expensive initially and within a range would be more cost effective to get multiple items at the same time but the shipping jumped over $70 when I added two x-transbots stunticons and maketoys screamer. If they charged $18 for Sovereign then it sounds like they won't push shipping the way RK does and guessing by size maybe all 3 bugs won't go over $30.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It started at 359 then again then 374 then 389 then back to 374 for when they went to quantity 30 then back to 389 for the last two sets of 30.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blingotron

I'm glad I got in at $359.99.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Teletran-1

News Credits:
    Any idea what the grey ones were going for? I got in pretty late at $469.00.