Fans Toys FT-55 Recorder (Masterpiece Blaster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 2, 2014.

1. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Damn it that is way to off to stake their turf, it just gives everyone else an excuse to beat them to the pudding. They've got 1.5 years left if they keep up a 3 a year schedule before we'll even see this in hand. smh...smh

2. Clanure

Clanure Well-Known Member

I kind of had the same thought. Not a great idea, especially in the current market, to offer up your playbook ahead of the game. I predict quality is only going to improve amongst the 3P rank and eventually only innovation and customer service are going to put a company at the top.

3. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I think that - with several reported hirings in the last six months - FansToys/Dalianjj expect an even fuller clip for next year - probably four or more releases in 2015. Since making a similar statement, though, they had an extended delay with Scoria, so who knows what the truth is/will be.

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Well, luckily for FT, unparalleled customer service is their forte. They are in communication with the fandom, they fix issues with current figures by supplying fixes, not making new runs with corrections, leaving original purchasers in the dust, and if people criticise their figures, they either process it or ignore it, not stomping off to throw a hissy fit.

5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Cool news.

Thanks to the Marvel comics Blaster became a favorite of mine and a figure that I always wanted (and of course wasn't released or very sparsely where I live).

I do hope they make some serious changes since this is definitely not on the same level as their other releases.

A thing that really needs to change are the visible elbows in altmode:
    [​IMG]

And that should be a simple change: simply change the transformation by including an arm rotation. Would also mean that the fold out panel would end up on the outside of the lower arm, which I think will look better.

As for cassetes...I honestly don't care about them. Soundwave and cassettes is iconic. Blaster...the toy didn't come with any (they came much later), he had none in the comic and in his first cartoon year there also were no cassettes.

I'd love it if they copied the Unique Toys idea where his gun transforms into a cassette.

Attached Files:

6. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I just hope they change/update the face, he looks weird, and I hope he's bigger then mp10 height wise. Doubt that'll happen, but Blaster was BIG!

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, without checking the almighty scale chart, I get the impression he should be. That may just be because of the toy, but still...

I also agree that the face looks wonky.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    looks ok but nothing to get all nuts over

9. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    As long as they give us cassettes to go with him I'm in, the KFC ones are crap

10. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    people on here are looking at a year old initial prototype and are dismissing it, based on the how awesome quakewave and scoria are, I have no doubt the FINAL version will be stellar

he has such a simple transformation that with some shapeway parts and a fresh set of reprolabels you could make the G1 into a masterpiece

11. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Lol this is what I've been saying. Not sure in what world people think FT would release this as-is and/or not make any changes/tweaks.

Weird.

12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

yeah i have no doubt they have overhauled this design since then. i think the now 2 year old or so photos or the protos were teh starting point, but i am gonna say the release version is probably quite a bit different....at least i hope so.

13. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    The front page should have a disclaimer: 3 year old prototype, no where near final.

They've since made and released Quakewave, Scoria, and will have the other Iron DiBots and a not-Skyfire released before this. Plus they've had time to see and study Takara's Soundwave, so they now have an idea of what people are probably going to expect from any MP Blaster.

And really, with 5 releases before him, this sounds like a 2016 release at the earliest. So there's really no need for this thread at this point.

14. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Very excited! I'd like to see FansToys do their own cassettes, since I'm not fond of KFC. Either of them.

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly, I would be surprised if FansToys didn't do a straight-up redesign. They've come a long way since this... And quite frankly, so has Takara's Masterpiece line, with which it has to fit. :) 

16. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree
    This guy should be out by next summer I would think. If they already started work on it and have a prototype then then they should just be able to make some modifications hopefully. I think he looks cool.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  17. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara has put an upper limit on the number of masterpieces they'll do? When/where did they state this? Seems like a good business plan to set a limit before you know how it will do.

18. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    No they have not. He was a bit confused with the Thrilling 30 labeling on the Hasbro Acidstorm and Soundwave boxes.

19. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, understood. I thought that seemed unlikely

20. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    well they have Slug, Grimlock, and Skyfire for next year, given their current pace I cant see a 4th figure being made, let alone the 3 a year that are planned. Unless all the production bugs got worked out on Scoria and they are good to go.