FansToys FT-53 Parkour (Masterpiece Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Mmm so why don't ShowZ or Terry's have a pre order up yet?

2. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

Because they first need to investigate how many they can get, takes a few days. Hoist also needed a small week before Show.Z offered pre-orders on that one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Showz is a lost cause for FT preorders for me. It’s fucking $50 deposits on that shit.

4. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Maybe that helps against scalpers?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I'm loving it!

Buuuut...

Given FT release track record, I'll get excited when it's available for purchase.

...still waiting to finish that damn Menasor! Still!!!

6. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Is Bombusbee like the official Fanstoys store now? :lol  They certainly seem capable of getting the stock!

Good on them.

7. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Even the link the guy posted has the word "most" in it in regards to which deposits are refundable. This is such a dumb fucking point for someone to make while bemoaning how people don't read stuff out of laziness...

I've ordered from Bombusbee via pre-order and I can tell you that you will not receive a clear indicator of whether or not your order falls in the "most are refundable" category until you've already purchased it and ask a staff member.

Like Mindvvipe said, if you're going to be snarky and unhelpful...

• Like Like x 2
  8. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

And people hedging their bets on different sites paying for a pre order stops people hogging them

• Like Like x 2
  9. dickenz

dickenz METROFLEX?!?

News Credits:
    There was 2 last night. I ordered one however AliPay wasn't processing payment and today it is out-of-stock.

There's 1 option left at 100 Yuan deposit. Might wait for some more options.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, haven't been able to find any. Even doing an image search!!

11. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Not to mention all the people who come here to talk about how they snagged a bunch of extra pre-orders as "insurance".

You guys really think retailers like being clogged up with "just in case" pre-orders that have a near zero chance of turning into an actual sale?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I hear what ur saying to an extent. But when I start worrying about how retailers feel about how i shop ill stop collecting.....so never

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

That's fine but then just don't go all surprised Pikachu face when retailers charge high deposits.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I dont followbur logic on this one at all. I use bombusbee, baba and showz just as much as bbts or tcp. Deposits arent an issue

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's entirely this attitude that leads to these types of policies though.

So you take actions that affect the retailer, thry put in policies to protect themselves, and then you complain about the policies.

This is such a scummy attitude. This isn't Amazon or Walmart were talking about. These are small businesses that are just trying to make a living, and you're attitude is basically "I don't care how my actions impact them."

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about you specifically, but people in general.

If a given retailer sees that too many pre-orders are being canceled, the logical way to counteract that is with higher deposits.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Take it however u like. My money is more important than tcps or showz etc. If thats "scummy" then ok. Still gonna do it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I see where ur goin with that, i do. Im only stating that as far as im concerned im not concerned with either a deposit or how retailers react to me canceling an order. Bbts and tcp have a couple buttons to push and its done. They arent hurting when that happens. Especially with ft. Hell both send me emails constantly about pos. I just dont get ppl telling other ppl how to shop. I havent missed a ft po since jetfire bc of the way i do it so it works for me. And i work full time, have a life, blah blah blah. I dont keep any extras and resell them but am still "scummy" bc i cancel pos sometimes. Ok, no win situation here. The stressful part isnt finding these things its reading the gymnastics in some of these threads. Luckily there is more entertainment to overshadow the doofiness;) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    This might be the impression you have, but it’s just an excuse given to you by retailers to be able to cash in upfront.

Madhaus Toys, Kool Toyz, et al. They are SMALL, fairly new entities and Madhaus openly refuses to let you pay him early and Kool Toyz has the most lax cancellation policy I’ve encountered. They order by the case and if an item is so hot that people want to guarantee that they get one, it’ll sell elsewhere.

It’s also just ridiculously untrue. TCP, Kool Toyz, et al don’t charge for pre-orders and they also sell out on FansToys entirely. When an item is so in-demand that buyers want to snag an extra copy just in case their other falls through, retailers aren’t getting hurt. This is just the same, typical the-business-is-always-right nonsense we hear on the boards constantly. It’s as ridiculous as saying that retailers which offer receipts are being hurt because people sometimes return stuff.

I personally don’t like to cancel pre-orders with the place I usually go to in hopes that I can make requests from them to try to find me obscure stuff when the time comes without them fearing I’ll change my mind, but I’m also yet to hear the same full-throated defense of customers when they either get sold a shit product or their order gets lost or canceled or whatever.

You’ll just hear that they’re doing their best and that you knew the risks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    And opportunities to learn....i hadnt considered this and it may bring a change to the way i do things

• Like Like x 1