FansToys FT-53 Parkour (Masterpiece Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Poors Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    We are now enemies. It’s all about Bill Russell, maybe Wilt…err…Kareem. Please pm me your address. We shall duel with Shockwaves…Laserwaves? wait, that’s Takara…Quakeblasts…oops…Quakewaves at dawn.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    You'll be the anti-TT club, then?

My Hound has one single crack, in the armature and it's fine glued. You can't see it except from the back. Sheridan had his leg fall off. Not mine, but I got the screws just in case it does (good on FT for the CS).

My Prime has some minor paint chips. Knees are fine. It's clearly hit and miss, but some were fine. Everyone had the Thomas screw issue, loads had the silly knee problem. Mine didn't, so I lucked out on both.

Also, people will say MP47 and MP44 in 5yrs time as being 'recent'. MP47 was 18 months ago, and since then it's been fine. Some have had issues with Screamer, but again, loads haven't (I had one minor paint chip. But it's on die cast, so you probably complain about that... because die cast). It seems like an assembly issue, and I agree it's inappropriate to have to put up with.

But hey, what am I doing looking at both sides, eh?
    Arcee. I don't even think we saw a single qc report? If we did, I reckon you could count them on one hand, because I really don't recall anything

But perhaps that doesn't count because some people hated the aesthetic enough that it allows the argument to continue?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Nope, sadly I did not.

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    See that's the difference. For your Hound, you had to glue things, and for people who truly broke theirs, they are s*** out of luck. For FT, you can get replacement parts and then voila, things are ok. You tell people that they are anti TT, well you sound like someone who's biased towards TT.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Why does he seem biased towards TT? Even if he is, I thought that was a pretty balanced post. He even praised FT's customer service and indicated that his copies of Sheridan and Thomas were fine, despite the people who had problems.

• Like Like x 3
  6. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    On what basis? Because I didn't get a lemon? I know that loads of people did, and I'm not saying they didn't. Nor am I saying TT shouldn't have owned it (in fact I said it loads at the time, in the thread).

And yeah, 3P are tonnes better at qc remedies. In fact, XTB are the best I've seen in that regard.

What I get fed up with is the silly comparison that TT charged 300+ for their figures (plural), FT are so much more affordable (when it's arguably more expensive to collect their figures overall), and only TT have issues with qc. It just bullshit. But so is a TT shill saying that FT is crap because they don't own the IP, or whatever.

That's my point. There's just too much bullshit being flung around. Every Hound dissolved. No it didn't. Every Sheridan had the leg fall off. No they didn't. Every Locke ... actually not even every Locke was a complete write-off (mine was)!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Cross Country

Cross Country Member

Ebay:
    oh sweet Jesus. I hope this doesn't sell out in 8 seconds. Cliffjumper is my favorite Autobot!

• Like Like x 3
  8. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Settle down people. Let's focus on the figure we'll get in a few years. :p 

• Like Like x 14
  9. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Didn't you know? Every new FT thread is one or two comments about the preorders and 30 pages of arguing :lol 

• Like Like x 8
  10. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    To people who fundamentally don’t understand basketball, I’m sure they’re right.

Good point.

I think it really says something that I’ve been using this site for years and this is the first time I’ve ever seen someone actually make this point.

Everybody thinks that their biases are justified… Using somebody else’s perverse obsession with fandom as a reason to employ your own isn’t reasonable.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Classic fanstoys, distracting me from the fact that they can’t figure out how to wrap up the combiners.

well played fanstoys.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Cross Country

Cross Country Member

Ebay:
    Every time my boss complains to me about my "production numbers" I tell him if this was the major leagues I'd be beating out Ted Williams and that guy is in the hall of fame. It never goes over well.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I had a boss once who used to call our workplace “the stadium floor” and would use awful sports metaphors to try to make everybody feel like a superstar.

So, one day, after I was completely tired of it and he had decided to complain about me being a few minutes behind on something, I said “Even the best offensive linemen have an occasional false start.”

He fired me about a week later. Sports metaphors are only fun when it’s the boss telling you to be like Tom Brady and take a pay-cut, apparently.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that is a good thing. More options are better than one. I would much rather have UT/DX9 in the game than out despite me not being all that interested in them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  16. zgbsn721

zgbsn721 Well-Known Member

I like fanstoys a lot(see attached) I’ve bought almost every release since FT-04, (skipped the season 3+ stuff) but I’d have to say that most of that is true.

The price on the Grey chest Grenadier reissue was out right extortion. Glad I got in when he’s was ~$80 :lol .

You don’t have to be a hater, or a fan to see the facts, but having a discussion where people pick a side, dig in, and refuse to see their side’s faults is.. well…very 2021 I guess.

Full disclosure, I quite like TT aswell, but they also definitely have their fair share of short comings.

Back to the topic at hand, I’m really looking forward to CJ, hopefully we have a release date for him by this time next year. But it’s going to be great to fill that hole in the shelf, none of the other 3p options so far have been acceptable to me.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  17. DrunkSkunk

DrunkSkunk Well-Known Member

And I missed the pre orders from bombusbee... time to wait for other preorders to miss out on because I have to work and have no access to the internet while working.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    D8CEF915-EA93-4C86-97DF-B62882833F83.png

• Like Like x 5
  19. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Please don’t bring logic and reasonable positions here. Can’t you see we are in the middle of another meaningless argument?

Where were we? I was saying that Fanstoys is unequivocally perfect because of the Divine Rights of 3rd Party Supremacy. And my mom said that I am special so by the Transitive Property, any product I choose is, therefore, the best…

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

You did not, they put up batches of 30 every day through out the week. :) 

• Like Like x 2