FansToys FT-53 Parkour (Masterpiece Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

You can't win with anti-FT people. It's always something with them. Including, but not limited to:

• Prices are going up (despite the fact that they're still cheaper than TT MPs, higher quality, and not broken out of the box)
    • Artificial scarcity
    • Takes forever to release
    • FansToys fanboys are the worst
    • 30 second preorder windows
    So on and so forth. You can't win with those people. :lol 

• Like Like x 9
  2. Ramjet555

My MP Hound basically imploded. Twice. Optimus was riddled with issues so much so that I broke down and got the KO which was miles better. My screamer came out of the box with cracked stabilizers.

Don't even pretend that's FT's track record isn't leagues better than the last few TT MP releases :lol  They have their issues, yes, but nothing is disintegrating in your hands on an FT figure

• Like Like x 6
  3. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

I always like posts like these because they ignore the anti-Takara people who are just as annoying. Every anti-insertcompanynamehere should give it a damn rest already.

• Like Like x 10
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Totally.
    1. Put them on the ignore list.
    2. Keep buying. Don't get mad. Get even!!! We've put Unique Toys and DX9 out of business, now it's time for XTB!!!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ramjet555

Well yes, this is an FT thread and the subject was anti-FT people so as much as I'd love to also touch on that, I'm not going to be like "AND ALSO HERES ANOTHER GROUP WHO IS BAD" :lol 

6. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    FansToys has had an impact but pretending that prices were ridiculously inflated for “overrated” figures like the MP-11 Seekers, MP-36, MP-44, etc is pretty deluded.

Even the Takara ‘+’ series - which I really like - was a part of a trend where a much cheaper option was available, but the cartoon-accurate option was going to cost exponentially more, despite being the same mold.

FansToys’ prices have been shitty recently; so, only buy the ones which you think are worth it. It’s the same across the board with TT, XTB, etc.

These people who keep wanting to pretend that it’s other people’s fault that they don’t enjoy their hobby as much as they used to are so pitiable.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    Fanstoys don’t have to go for XTB, they might be in the process of Maketoysing themselves.

Honestly though, at this point, most the main characters have had multiple iterations (and Seaspray). It is hard for me to see G1 3rd party Masterpiece being as robust as it was before. Like CHUG before it, this outcome is probably inevitable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Oh look, another Fanstoys figure that I won't be able to buy because it will have a 30 second global pre-order window.
    <sigh>

• Like Like x 4
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prices have become even with Takara (starscream is cheaper than their SW apparently). As to breakages.... FT has had plenty of figures come broken in the box. Iceman and Sheridan had a significant surge in broken legs out of the box.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So we're getting Parkour and Butters?

(how many of you are old enough to get that one :D )

• Like Like x 1
  11. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:

Think you forgot the blue text. You’ll be fine. I promise.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ramjet555

SW comes with Frenzy and if we see FT's tape bots as $40 each, as the 3-pack suggests, that would put Soundwave at $210 so false there, and I'd be the first to admit that FT isn't perfect, like I have multiple times, but the fact of the matter is that TT hasn't had a solid G1 MP release in their last few between loose joints, cracks, and breaks. I could full force throw Thomas, Sovereign, and Quietus at a wall and they'd be fine.

Honestly, people are gonna like what they like, I'd just rather people say "hey I'm not a fan of Fanstoys" and move on rather than make up a bunch of BS as to why they aren't buying them

• Like Like x 2
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    This is one of my least favorite fandom talking points… All companies have QC problems and all companies increase prices sometimes.

The only two factors are to apply relativity to ask how often/badly are they broken and how much more will it cost and is it worth it?

The weird, moral absolutism people try to apply about this stuff is why we have people trying to pretend that the issues with Quietus’ cockpit are equivalent to the issues with Locke’s everything.

• Like Like x 5
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well if we are removing accessories, remove the stuff that Starscream comes with. assume that to be a similar $20-30 value and boom, same price. You can like Fanstoys, just don't pretend they are cheaper anymore. They very much want the same prices as Takara.

And yeah, I agree that people shouldn't make up BS, but usually when they don't, and bring up actual problems with Fanstoys and their personal experiences with them, its passed off as "BS". And then they are met with "but its still cheaper than x" or "my copy that wasn't touched isn't broken, stop lying", or "Fanstoys just isn't built for that".

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Some people in this thread clearly need more exercise.

5g9gw7.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

There's only one way to be sure. Livestream it for all of us to see!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Dinoforce attack!

I have X-Transbots Cliffjumper, and this FT version is going to be tempting me forever if I don't get it. Bravo Fans Toys, you win this round.

• Like Like x 1
  18. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    To these people, Michael Jordan is a loser. "But his shooting percentage is only .497 .....".

• Like Like x 2
  19. RebelM

RebelM Well-Known Member

Now they're teasing Bruticus? Nobodies wallet is properly prepared for that!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

This thing could be a complete turd and still be the best mp cliff jumper ever made, the bar has been set so low. This might be historically the most unquestioned preorder in all of 3p

• Like Like x 11