FansToys FT-53 Parkour (Masterpiece Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Why did you need to loosen the shoulders ?

2. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They don't usually reply, they normally just note it and make the request. I've chased previously to get told that they're just waiting on them (and they usually arrive not too long afterwards, so it's not like my chaser made them act).

For Stack, xtransbots are reissuing so if they didn't have spares then, they have them soon.

Just follow up on your email (perhaps via the individual order instead of email, so that you can check for replies).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    They were too tight...

Yeah, I've emailed about Parkour today and asked if they could actually reply (they have done previously). Trouble is, they have that 14 day window thing on the site, and I first requested parts for Phantasm months ago (only the missile, but still). Stack is relatively minor as well (missing translucent eyes), but Skyfire had some damage to one of the faces, and of course Parkour now looks like he's had a stroke...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Destron1

Destron1 dalianjj's new account.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is hurting my soul.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

i do wonder why BSF doesnt just buy non transforming figures. He hates transforming, i knew hed hate this one. I guess ill have to wait till i get it but they normally arent anywhere near as bad as he says. The thing is tiny, and if we want a transforming fdigure in such a small space that looks the part in both modes, we have to expect it. This isnt an XTB Fuzz or anything, its a little more involved than wed like, but for what it does, pretty sweet. They cant all be simple. I still think transformation is better than jazz (who i dont hate)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Redferno97

Redferno97 I can stop collecting whenever I want...

My Parkour arrived this morning, had a mess around at lunch and I'm pretty happy with him, will have a go at the transformation tonight, Paik and TMreviews made it look okay so hopefully it'll go alright :D 
    20230313_125417.jpg 20230313_125852.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  8. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

all the replacement faces seem to look way better.

9. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say that I prefer the transformation on Jive (but like you, I don't think Jive's transformation is that bad - it just takes a little while). Jive has a couple of problem spots - clearance turning the rear wheel rims, and the scary small pins holding the front end on, which some people have had fall out on them - but I find it a very satisfying transformation, even though it's complex and involved.

The problem with Parkour is that it's just hell to tab everything together in alt mode. You push one part in and another part pops out. Getting the under-door trims to hook in is a pain, those parts that popped off on BSF have popped off several times for me too, and ultimately you just have to massage the whole thing together until you finally get there. It's not actually that complex a transformation, and going back to robot mode is a doddle and much more fun. It's just that everything seems to want to move in opposite directions in the final stages of the alt mode transformation. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a great figure and the rest of the transformation is quite satisfying.

Yeah, my left elbow became floppy after one transformation.

Other than that and the last part of the alt mode transformation, I'm not a fan of any of the faces, so I'm thinking about trying to find a better face from somewhere, because otherwise he looks great.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Roland323

Roland323 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're trying to find the middle ground and account for paint so that tolerances aren't crazy tight. And this is the result.

11. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got a 'arriving soon' from BBTS.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah So

Yeah So Master & Commander

Sad to hear about the transformation and floppy arm issues as that bot mode is absurdly gorgeous in all your various pics and almost has me tempted (not touched FT since Shockwave all those years ago).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bobby Lips

Bobby Lips I can't hear you Megatron!

Anybody order from TFSource get theirs yet? First figure that I have ever prepaid for in full back in January. Hoping I'm not waiting until June to get it...

14. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Only FT I've had that I've not transformed yet, been a little gun shy on FT transformation ever since Tesla 2.0 ended up with chipped thigh paint. Folk have had Jivefall apart on them when opened up which I'm very anxious about and Parkour looks like a pain from the video I've seen so far. IMG_20230311_204317_541.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  15. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

TFSOURCE should have it by the end of the week. They always seem to be about a week behind the other US retailers like TCP and Toydojo.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

"This is where everybody and their mother has contacted me to let me know that THIS is where I'm gonna break it." :lol 

• Like Like x 8
  17. Bobby Lips

Bobby Lips I can't hear you Megatron!

Fingers crossed!

18. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why BSF is a great reviewer - if a figure is sturdy enough to survive him then that's proof that it can survive the rest of us. :lol 

• Like Like x 10
  19. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

He gets a ton of crap from this board, but I like the dude and enjoy his reviews. I have massive hands like him (I'm 6'2" and can palm a basketball), so I can relate to issues transforming these figures.

To keep the topic relevant, I should be getting Parkour any day now from TCP! Quck question: Does anyone (besides me) pre-order so much crap that you forget what you've pre-ordered? I typically keep pretty good records, but just learned that I pre-ordered Parkour TWICE!! Second time that's happened. I did it with Jive/Jazz as well.

• Like Like x 8
  20. KL78451821

KL78451821 Well-Known Member

All producers of TFs should send product his way for the ultimate QC checker.

• Like Like x 3