FansToys FT-53 Parkour (Masterpiece Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "Coming soon" for FT means 2-3 weeks, no?

• Like Like x 1
  2. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    I just want the next video. Shouldn’t it be this weekend?

3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on your retailer, and probably whether or not something happens during shipping, but in general that is right.

4. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm good with it not hitting Chinese shops until April. Already spent more than I wanted to in March, and it's only 3 days in.

• Like Like x 5
  5. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

i have the same problem as you, my wife would not be happy if i buy more, this month

6. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    Same here. Been over buying G1 parts on eBay.

7. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Hard to say what I like better, the awesome Cliffjumper figure or the Hobbit music setting the mood....

• Like Like x 3
  8. WyldeBill

Ebay:
    I smiled so big when the trailer opened.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Agreed... and XTB Boost is a crap figure. Problem is, we don't have any other MP options. Like none. If TT, FT or any other 3P company makes one where the legs and feet aren't a complete shit show, mine is going in mothballs. The legs on mine disintegrated in my hands when I tried transforming it. I got replacement legs and only had to pay for shipping, but never had the heart to Humpty Dumpty it back together again.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm a huge mark for the Hobbit trilogy.......

11. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

I feel ya, it's the worst figure in my collection and it's held that distinction since the day I bought it (initial release so a long ass time ago). Parts fell off as it came out of the box and the tab that holds the 2 halves together snapped off on first transformation and that's all before the awful transformation... I hate it so much but there is no other option so it stays on my shelf....mocking me.....I'll kill you one day Boost, shakes fist, one day!!!!

• Like Like x 6
  12. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

So, CJ Baggins of Shiretron.
    :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    That’s unfortunate, because XTB Hatch is one of my favorites. I can’t say the leg transformation on that design is fun or intuitive, but both of my figures have held up well for me. I guess I got lucky.

I’d be interested to see another take on Windcharger, though the likely candidates (FT and TT) generally lean too toony for my tastes.

• Like Like x 2
  14. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I agree with this, and my Boost and Hatch are both crisp with tight joints. I don’t see either of them as the worst XTB figure, they aren’t even top three worst figures of the shelves they occupy here.

• Like Like x 5
  15. emporio80

i stopped buying xtb products, after having several bots, with terrible qc, their version of springer was the final straw. So while my wife isnt happy about it, she didnt mind me buying this one, hope it shows up soon, btw bought it just now from a local dutch shop, a little more expensive then showz, but i should have bought it there when it was available so i can not cry about it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I own a good number of XTB figures and have found fault with the design in some cases (looking specifically at you, Fuzz), but have never had an issue with quality of materials, engineering, assembly, or finish.

I can’t really compare the quality of XTB to Fanstoys, because I’ve not owned many of the latter and just sold off my last one a few weeks ago. That particular figure (Hunk) was very well-built, but it simply didn’t meet my aesthetic expectations. FT generally has a solid reputation but isn’t without a few QC blemishes (e.g. Jive hasn’t fared well and IIRC Sheridan had knee issues).

I’m sincerely hoping Parkour makes it through the hands of early buyers without issues, because it’s the first FT product in a while that I can actually see myself buying. By this stage my interest has usually been squashed by final design choices— often paint or alt mode details— if not the design aesthetic itself, which is determined early-on. The final test for me is seeing a video demonstrating the transformation. I bailed on Jive after recognizing the skinny rear wheels and faux fenders on the feet, but seeing a transformation video would have absolutely steered me away. Hence, no pre-ordering for me. I need to see Parkour’s conversion before I buy.

17. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

CJ Baggins of Shirebertron :D 

The re-mould will be...

Sam Gamgee of Hobbitron.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. emporio80

For example, their springer had serious paint chipping out of the box, their perceptor, had an arm fall off, while i wasnt even close it, their seaspray had a panel in his foot fall of everytime, and their are a few more issues so to me xtb, is a company with good prices, very nice sculpting but terrible qc, but not everyone has the same experience.
    I agree fanstoys is not perfect, but so far i only had problems with their arcee, i could not transform her, so she will remain in botmode forever

• Like Like x 3
  19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Isolated anecdotal examples are never an accurate predictor, because as you say, not everyone has the same experience. I may have had especially good luck, you bad. Or vice-versa. That’s why in statistics and science, we like n to be large.

Regardless, I think that Fanstoys generally has the better reputation for quality. I wish I liked more of their designs.

20. Swindle77

Swindle77 Well-Known Member

If I May chime in, prime example XTB Locke that was such a wide spread issue to the point of a recall. There springer has no way to tab in the abdominal section. I do think they have great sculpts with a majority of figures but QC is definitely a problem for XYB