FansToys FT-53 Parkour (Masterpiece Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks amazing! People really are getting to new levels of picky.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

im going to have to revisit how phantasm was ballsed up. I don't have it, but hadnt personally read how it was that bad.

As for Parkour, this is one of the guys ive most looked forward to. Dont love the face overly, though its better than what it was. I saw someone a few months back do a version of the facer that was epic, but i do think they improved it slight re the greyness. That said, ill get it and probably barely care.

• Like Like x 1
  3. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That reveal gave me a huge smile!!! I think he looks great, now, how to add a Casey Kasem voice box!!!! :p :p :p 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

And that is purely your opinion. :D  May be different from my opinion, but that's definitely ok.

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

that’s cause phantasm is not ballsed up. This one guy has an issue with it and can’t seem to get over it. Check out the YouTube reviews. One of the best painted figures out there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

I am so ready for this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

upload_2023-2-27_12-24-40.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  8. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

He really does look fantastic. I'm not really looking to replace Toro (I know. Backpack, Blah, blah, blah. Don't care) but this does seem to be an outstanding effort by FTs.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Parkour is not a sentient robot that can walk, talk, and think on his own, so he cannot possibly be considered toon-accurate.

Another monumental failure from Fans Toys!

• Like Like x 8
  10. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

This figure doesn’t seem to have that rear gun gimmick. At least the video doesn't show any evidence that the alt mode includes a rear gun. Nothing that looks like a hatch in the back of the car or anything that could be opened. I personally would have liked it to include that rear gun.

The rear gun is an essential part of the scene where Laserbeak attacks Cliffjumper and Hound.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I mean can he even be considered a transformer considering the transformation has to be manually performed by an outside operator? Wake me up when we get integrated nanotech transformations:cool: 

And that's being lenient on my end. Id expect fully functional AI by now but we're stuck massive battery packs instead. Im looking at you 44

• Like Like x 8
  12. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    I mean I know that, I wrote it :D  That's why I included the smiley, so people hopefully understood I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I know it doesn't bother other people as much as it bothers me, but like you said, that's okay.

I'm not sure why I need to 'get over it' (so dramatic) when it's an objectively valid criticism of the figure. It matters to me that FT painted one of the characters I was most looking forward to blue and grey rather than the fairly iconic blue and white colour scheme it's had for the best part of forty years. That's not something I'd label 'one the best painted figures out there', so I'll continue reference it when relevant.

I could use numerous FT figures as examples though, as they usually take some form of artistic licence (Jabber, Outrider, Hoodlum all spring immediately to mind), but Phantasm was just an extreme example. It's like painting Prime blue and orange.

It's not like I'm saying either Parkour or Phantasm is bad BTW. I'd have liked a slightly darker face on the former, but it's a pretty minor thing. With the latter, I do consider it a balls up on account of it being so near to being a home run. Great mould, just let down by the colour they decided to paint it. Their Jive was much better in that respect. It took the usual liberties with having metallic azure accents on the hip skirts instead of the sky blue of the animation model, but it didn't look too far out of place and the majority of the figure is well painted (accurately), plus it's a wonderful sculpt.

The entire point of these forums is to discuss elements of figures you like/dislike, and they'd be pretty boring if they were just an echo chamber for praise. So long as everyone can respectfully disagree, I don't see an issue with it (even if I certainly don't agree with some of the comments on the YouTube video labelled this 'worst figure ever').

• Like Like x 5
  13. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Seeing how the TT one is apparently canceled, I'm back on this. It is likely the best we'll get (HS aside) for the time being. Bring it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good! It's weird that it's taken this long to get one for this mold who'll most definitely be retooled into a BumbleBee.

15. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

You rang?

:D :p 

Face looks questionable at best but the rest of him looks so good!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stratosphere

Stratosphere Well-Known Member

Looks great. If only they take notes with the Legends class made by New Age on the backpack.

17. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TCP has this guy listed as receiving soon

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. ARedmond

ARedmond Well-Known Member

I think I'm fine with the face color as is, will see what it looks like in hand. I assume his face pieces are easily swappable solid pieces like most FT faces. Worst case - for those unhappy with the face color choice, should be easy enough to hit it with a can of spray-paint in the color of your choosing (though I guess if you're unhappy with the sculpt itself that's another issue).

19. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was FT themselves who changed the face to grey in their latest images, so I won't be surprised if they filmed the video with their OG copy and the final product faces end up grey anyway.

• Like Like x 7
  20. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I don't give a damn what color his face is, white, gray, silver.... whatever, just give it to me already. And get me a new Bumblebee from the mold too damnit!

• Like Like x 5