FansToys FT-51 Chomp (Masterpiece Skullcruncher)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Apr 2, 2018.

1. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, they are including a coupon to pay you for the preorder deposit spent so it's still costing the same, $174.99 plus shipping. This is sounding like when Acoustic Wave came out and people were saying it was only $160 but failing to factor in the original deposit they put down and shipping

• Like Like x 6
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Look at the bright side .... we'll probably be Tesla 2.0 ed :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Non stop reports of this so far and in the WhatsApp group they were having people message them individually

4. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's what I'm waiting for. This bot isn't worth this price

• Like Like x 2
  5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    instead of doing a copy and paste , click on the code in the drop down menu where you enter the code it should be there ... i noticed it with other codes when i tried to copy and paste and this was the same i got an error pasting it but worked from the menu

6. Khyron

Khyron Well-Known Member

Ordering from Taobao even longer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    If Baba's base price is the same as Show Z's, then I'll be able to get mine for 185 shipped. 175 would have been better, but I don't think this bot will go down to 160.

8. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is the Prime, is he white or gray/silver/chrome, all over again. Watching the headmasters, he's definitely not white, but looks the same shade of that light gray that gives the look of something metal colored, so much like prime with silver legs, its probably why they went silver chomp.

9. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It wont because I didn't preorder and buy right away like I did with the others. It will stay closer to $200 just because of that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Powerglide70053

Powerglide70053 Yeah but (insert figure name) is no Voltron..

He's worth waiting for!
    I'd almost forgotten that fresh FT paint smell straight outta the box too

upload_2022-4-6_14-25-47.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  11. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

Because Fanstoys used that same style with their Lupus. Perhaps if the white color in the cartoon represents gray/metallic gray to Fanstoys.

We have seen some companies use white, because in the cartoon some characters ”clearly have white color on them” (they see it as a white) and some companies prefer it to a gray/metallic gray color.

On the other hand, i like to think that this play with the colors has also sometimes something to do with business tactics. First some companies sell figures with gray color and a year after they produce the same figures with more toon-ish color (white) (some people like to think that white is more toon-ish and some people think that gray is the correct color in the situations when some characters have ”white on them” in the cartoon) (to each their own, i would say) and then they sell the same molds with a new color to the collectors like a hot cakes. Because toon-ish is still so hot at the moment.

I’m not saying that some companies does this ”play of colors thing” every time on purpose. It just feels frustrating sometimes and sometimes it causes hard decisions if one doesn’t know for sure if there ever gonna be another color option from some figure.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Powerglide70053

Powerglide70053 Yeah but (insert figure name) is no Voltron..

Ar man I thought I was gonna be the first to post with him- you beat me to it lol.

Totally agree with you on all the above - gonna see if the inner leg flaps has a way of pegging properly or its just a thing to live with

13. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Amen, frankly it's ridiculous, they did the same with thing their Soundwave and Perceptor, it's so annoying, so close but yet so far from sunbow perfection.

Gotta disagree with both of these, with Prime you might have a case of some sort as he has appeared with grey/chrome thighs in some interpretations of the character but with Skullcrucher and Weirdwolf, no case at all, in case of the former, his thighs were white in all incarnations of the character to date - G1 toy, Sunbow cartoon and Headmasters cartoon. No grey interpretation, just an FT brain fart/'it'll look cool' moment! MEH!

Still a beautiful looking figure though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

To my eye it looks like the hips area has a little bit green tone in the picture below. I think Fanstoys chose good colors for this figure. Fits nicely with Lupus and Dracula.

Skullcruncher_Cartoon.JPG

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  15. malware5

That looks closer to white than the apparent greenish grey the toy is said to have to be brutally honest. Disappointing but yeah, spilt milk, water under the bridge, whatever. Still a good looking figure.

16. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Different versions of original source material but all gray. Even the lightest is still gray, evident by a white background
    20220406_070320.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. malware5

All these colours are still closer to white than grey or whatever FT have used so don't know what point you're making quite frankly.

18. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That gray is good!:D  and 9 out of 10 bots that some people think are white or have white, aren't even white

• Like Like x 1
  19. discokid

discokid discobot

I think you're just trying to justify the odd decision Fans Toys made here. These images show white, I'm not seeing gray at all. They should have gone with a pearl (metallic) white. That would have done the trick nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  20. malware5

The white would have been better, but it's way too late to do anything about it!

:D