FansToys FT-51 Chomp (Masterpiece Skullcruncher)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Apr 2, 2018.

1. RebelM

RebelM Well-Known Member

I believe its an application error, if you see the bot mode pic - the same claws are silver on the back of his legs.

Screenshot_20210605-181158_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that right after I asked the question (as always) but the old toy had green claws too. Same with the cartoon. Maybe they'll have swappable claws as an option? That'd be a pretty useless option, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AwesomenessPrime

AwesomenessPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So do you guys think that if the alligator head on the backpack can be untabbed and lifted up in his robot mode that he can use his waist swivel? I can only see his waist swivel maybe 0.5 degrees and I think the reason is because they didn't untab the alligator head.

Typically fans toys does think of more than one possible paint application wherever robot and alt mode paint choices clash, and they probably have two test shots or a swap out just to help them decide which paint app is the best choice, but you won't get both in the final. For example, the thigh piece in astro train was purple on the train test shot and grey for the robot but it was the same piece. They decided to go with the grey. Same thing with Maverick. The red side parts of the jet were pearl white on the robot test shot because they were testing out their final decisions. I'm sure that's the case here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d love more muted colors similar to this!

• Like Like x 1
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Please, do tell me how much I hate things

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or, get this, not buy it at all and you have an extra $250 to spend on literally anything else.

dude’s not going to even consider buying it at this imaginary $600 price point if 250 is too much. Go pressure yourself into buying it, not others.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Nah... I love the bright fuchsia and dark forest green... the contrasting bright/dark colors really make him pop.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  7. Dpuff

Dpuff Topical Ointments Salesman

News Credits:
    Imaginary like the $900 lupus on ebay or the $729 stomp that was on tfsource a few days ago?

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Please, do tell me how much I hate things

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, because he isn’t released yet and several years haven’t passed yet. It is very much imaginary.

9. Dpuff

Dpuff Topical Ointments Salesman

News Credits:
    That makes it speculative not imaginary

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Oh you lucky bastard... :p 

Yeah, the whole thing is a clusterfuck.

Real quick, if anyone wants a bit more info on the whole auto issue, specifically, i've also documented the issues abroad that the shortage has caused, ironically enough, in the PS5 thread, as of last month.

But yeah TSMC is pretty much the Mecca of semiconductors, for better or worse. Series X, PS5, Ryzen 5000 series CPUs, RTX 3000 Series & Radeon 6000 Series GPUs and an utter fuckton of car chips. They do amazing work but my god, we've got pretty much nothing. A lot of which is due to things out of their control of course, aside from COVID, Taiwan as a whole had to deal with a hell of a drought. While TSMC said that the drought hasn't delayed any production, it still looks like some more smooth sailing is ahead, as the government there has been lifting curbs since they've been getting heavy rain over the past couple days.

I'm personally royally fucked for the most part when it comes to the chip shortage. This year was gonna be my great ascent when it comes to tech. Upgrading my PC as a part of a full room renovation, was of course gonna also grab a PS5 and also maybe a Series X to follow that.

BUT NOPE

Thankfully I dodged at least one bullet, as I got a Ryzen 5900X as a gift from a family member, and also that I got the exact motherboard that I wanted before it could be scalped to the edge of the universe again (The thing costed me almost as much as 3 Quietus' to begin with, for reference...) but i'm still out on the rest. Thankfully when it comes to a GPU, where i'm looking at either a 3090 or 6900XT, I DO have my 1080Ti, which can thankfully hold me over until that fateful day. I'd lump a new TV in there but you can find those everywhere, though I do need to get a new one.

The only thing I can really hope for now is that I either get my hands on the rumored Switch Pro or that there isn't much time between release and when the inevitable lack of supply can finally meet and surpass demand.

PLEASE WORLD ALL I WANT IS A HIGH-END AORUS GRAPHICS CARD AND THE NEW CONSOLES WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shinji.jpg

It's these kinda things why I have hobbies like figure collecting, in which I can actually get stuff in my hand and interact with it and have fun. And also places like TFW with people like you all where I can talk about it and keep myself from going insane, so thank you all for being my indirect therapy of sorts, hahahaha.

I gotta agree in this case.

Albeit, you all have the right to do what you want, and I won't stop ya. But I personally don't feel that Skullcruncher is worth $250. I don't think he's worth $200, and I don't even think he's worth $150. I'd pay $100-125 at most if I wanted him. I'm not gonna spending a gigantic chunk of my paycheck on a character I have absolutely no care for. Everyone who's getting Chomp has my best wishes, he looks fucking great and I hope you all enjoy him, but for me, this ain't it, chief.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp O_o Master of the ID 10 T error o_O

^You sir have way too much free time on your hands.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    And I won't deny it even for a second, hahahaha.

• Like Like x 7
  13. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

If I didn't already have lupus and Dracula, and the fact that my collection needs are coming to an end especially where expensive FT ones are concerned, I would have passed given the higher price tag as well. But I just need the rest of the aerialbots and stunticons and that's mostly it from FT. Jazz is a little tempting but I am still very happy with the generation toy version.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:

While I don't like it, and DO think SOME of it is greediness on the part of XTB, FansToys, etc...
    I work for a company in Ohio, and we have product just SITTING in California because we can't find truck drivers to bring it to us.
    There is a LEGIT shortage of workers (and in some cases product).
    WHY? IDK.
    But likely a culmination of reasons, most of which are NOT strictly political.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I hope FT will reissue Weird wolf at some point. Grey and not silver parts ideal

16. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I appreciate and agree with your sarcasm.

17. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all the UK guys, I'm logged into TFS Express but can't get into Genesis Toys site.

I'm going to miss the pre order aren't I?

18. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    You want omegalock.co.uk

19. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I cant log into omegalock

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    still some on omegalock , i was refreshing for 9 and was really slow to checkout and then it crashed and i got an error going into paypal panic set in :lol  pressed back and all was not lost :lol 

Fans Toys FT-51 Chomp

• Like Like x 3