FansToys FT-51 Chomp (Masterpiece Skullcruncher)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm confused...a repaint of an already released figure is more expensive, but somehow FT is the company ripping people off?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Back up at baba

3. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard if people who ordered it when it was listed as ft-26 on baba will have their orders converted over to the new pre-order?

4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Why does the US charge taxes inside its own territory? I find it a bit weird.

An exclusive limited repaint, but the point is that Winged Dragon is double the size... almost double everything... and the price is similar...

• Like Like x 1
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much the same price, except at Tfsource who surprise surprise, makes everything more expensive.

And yeah, an extra $100-$150+ for the same exact toy is a rip off compared to +$10-20 for a repaint with extra faces.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Individual States use it to raise raise revenue to pay for state services, and depending on what State you live in a variety of other State and local taxes. Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon do not have a sales tax, the rest of the states set their own rate. I live in NY, so state is 4% and 4% for my county, so an 8% sales tax for me.

• Like Like x 4
  7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because public “free” utilities (and the government) need to be paid for, and certain people want everything to be a “free” service.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Big Hache

Big Hache EVIL! Pure and simple from the 8th Dimension!

News Credits:
    What states are doing, because they want more money, is ignoring federal nexus laws for collecting tax and "interpreting" physical location to be equal to "economic footprint". Meaning the state sets a threshold for how many dollars a business can do in sales in that state in a given year. Once that threshold is passed, that state says the business must collect and remit sales tax.

This is why some have seen BBTS charging sales tax. It's not the decision of the business, but your state holding out its gimme hand.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But there is no 'same exact toy'. Chomp hasn't existed before. All the tooling and development costs are going into this $250. The repaint has already recouped all of those costs, but is still more? And I don't begrudge XJ for charging what they are, because clearly that's what the market accepts as that figure being 'worth'.

I just can't see how a FT figure can be seen as a rip-off compared to that figure.

• Like Like x 2
  10. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you compare him to previous figures with the same amount of engineering from FT in previous years, no, they aren't. It's called greed. $50-100 of that is just pure cash straight to the pockets.

Because you are getting a figure that is way larger and fully painted head to toe for about the same price as a figure that should really cost almost half as much, especially from any other company.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I just found out this was even a thing like an hour ago and everybody's sold out. I was off today like many and was doing family stuff and didn't think to check up on toy "news." This hobby has gotten so fucking obnoxious trying to keep up with everything, all the exclusives and shit selling out in an hour, not having to think about it for day is almost as welcome as having the day off from work. I was really looking forward to this guy as he was the only Decepticon Headmaster I had as a kid. Hopefully BBTS puts theirs up tomorrow and I can grab one while I'm working/sitting in front of a computer anyway. If not, maybe I'll just sell off Dracula when the price spikes upon Chomp's release.

• Like Like x 10
  12. OmegaSupremePrime

OmegaSupremePrime Well-Known Member

Still up on Bababobo...

Pre-order Transformers FansToys FT51 FT-51 Chomp Skullcruncher Action figure Toy

I put in a pre-order there just earlier today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    The Transfomers community runs on FT's clock. Today is another reminder who is in charge!!!

• Like Like x 7
  14. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I wouldn’t waste my time. Some are simply beyond help with their simpin’.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Baba has 21 up for preorder as of now:

Pre-order Transformers FansToys FT51 FT-51 Chomp Skullcruncher Action figure Toy

16. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

This has been mentioned before. As long as it's not full non-refundable upfront payment, there will be cancellations when the figure is actually released.

• Like Like x 2
  17. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

18. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

I just checked and while your order still says FT-26, it links to the FT-51 listing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Rhinestone Ronin

The Rhinestone Ronin Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Let me begin with I like some Fanstoys products. I bought Sever for $165 and thought that was reasonable. Stomp was $200 and I thought that was a bit steep. Mercenary for $80, also a bit steep. Sovereign for $160 was a decent price. Quietus for $140, a good buy. I was and am reasonably happy with the quality and prices of those bots. I recently bought and sold Phoenix for $260. I thought $200 was too much for him when he was first released and I was right. These new prices are bullshit. I can understand a little inflation, but an extra $100? Highway robbery whether Fanstoys, X-transbots, or Takara does it. Other 3rd party companies of similar quality are charging reasonable prices. It's not like they've lost the molds and there are limited quantities. And this pre-order sell out nonsense... why not take orders for a month straight like Mythic legions and Super 7 and then everyone gets their figure? Fuck these companies.

It's not a matter of not being able to afford something, it's value for money. Does Bill Gates pay a $1000 for a Big Mac just because he's rich? Fuck no. He pays $4 because that's what it's worth (debatable). Value for money, people. Alright, there's my little rant. Also, Chomp's alt mode looks like ass. For $140-160 maybe. I'm out Fanstoys. Hope some new company eats your lunch. All just my little ole opinions.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Keep saying it. Eventually someone will take the bait.

• Like Like x 1