FansToys FT-51 Chomp (Masterpiece Skullcruncher)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jhund, Apr 2, 2018.

1. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is going to be my last fanstoys figure. Chomp is costing me what I paid for lupus and dracula combined which is crazy. Just look at the jiangxi cold dragon and compare its price too see you are being ripped off

• Like Like x 8
  2. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

3. BrutiKing

BrutiKing #1 Siege Crosshairs Fan

News Credits:
    Ontario I think was one of em.

4. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

Of that 90% I might be about 50% right or 50% wrong though I am 100% sure about that

5. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I completely missed this train. Not buying stateside.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

Has bbts listed their pre-order yet?

7. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't have needed to. Half the retailers that had him up announced they would yesterday. TCP gave a specific time, 10 AM PST today. Anyone can jump on their phone for two seconds and place an order, smart phones and whatnot. I agree, nothing should be that difficult to get. But Chomp has been up all day. With previous notice. BBTS hasn't even put theirs up yet either, and you already know it's going up tomorrow morning around 8-9 EST like everything else on their site has for years.

In a perfect world, sure, I agree, it would be up for a while and they'd make exactly as many as ordered. Just like Dragon Ball Figuarts on PBandai. Or things on Goodsmile. Set preorder period with only enough made to satisfy the number ordered. Unfortunately, FansToys doesn't want to do that but to say it's impossible to get, as people often do, is just untrue.

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Places like Bombusbee, Agabyss, etc have yet to put up their POs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Wooohoooo!!!

Okay let's finish Menasor now, please. And will Blitzwing ever see the light of day?

Anything new is a good thing so don't wanna sound ungrateful as this one was also revealed waaaay back "when gaz wuz only wun doller". If they had never revealed so many that have never been mentioned again, there wouldn't be anything to question.

10. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would people still complain about the price if it had the word Takara in front of it? Don’t forget how much the new seeker is going to cost, and you’re gonna be buying 3 of the same fuckin mold! And one is going to be a store exclusive so even harder to get so stay tuned on those after market prices.

I hate these price increases but let’s point the finger at who raised their prices first…..Takara. All other companies followed because they feel they make just as good (if not better) figures compared to Takara.

I really hope these COVID collectors bounce once the world reopens fully and maybe supply and demand will fall back to equilibrium.

• Like Like x 7
  11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How do you mean? I'm pretty sure I've seen all three seekers listed for pre-order at all the usual retailers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Both Thundercracker and Skywarp are TakaraTomy Mall exclusives. Therefore Amazon Japan is not able to stock them directly with their normal 30% off MSRP. Only Starscream is a general release MP figure. Being a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive doesn't mean that no one else will carry him, but that the other big Japanese chains cannot carry them. Here in the ol' USA that translates into higher prices for us.

• Like Like x 3
  13. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Do you know if they're all going through the same distributor? Or it could be that some of them opted to eat the difference. Only the resellers would be able to answer that question.

14. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 11
  15. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad I was able to get my pre-order in with TCP earlier... Prices going up, stores margins, etc... All part of doing business. Furniture industry has seen cost of goods go way up with supply and demand... Not to mention the cost of shipping goods... Everything is more right now. I'm glad I turned in points I had saved up there to bring my price down a little bit... It's just where things are at in the market currently.

- Gregg

• Like Like x 4
  16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Either way, they all sold out. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but a lot of retailers have been following the TFSource model and marking up popular and out of stock figures to make an extra buck. I can't really blame them because after all making money is kind of why they're in business, but I'm not going to lie and say I like seeing an extra $10 bucks tacked on to a figure that's already $100 too expensive .

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If these stores were making crazy margins, I have no doubt they would have price matched TFSource. There were probably calculations done at both price points to see what they could do, and in the end they felt they needed that 10 bucks.

Or they didn't pay any attention to TFSource, and just priced based on their typical margin calculations.

• Like Like x 8
  18. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ahh, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Skywarp is actually cheaper, at the time the dollar was stronger, resulting in a cheaper conversion, still think all 3 are cheaper or as cheap as chomp, think TC is 240.

20. Daelo88

Daelo88 Well-Known Member

TD no tax if you don't live in TX, which I do. I do wonder when TCP will start to charge tax since this is the first time that TFSource started to charge tax and they even retroactively charged taxes for their old POs.

• Like Like x 1