FansToys FT-47 Rig (Masterpiece Huffer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jul 13, 2019.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    This is really frustrating for me. I cant get myself a PO without deposit (or much anyways) from a place that at least tells you the price from the get go, and even though keep getting sold out...

Why is this so much harder to get than Spindrift 2.0? How is it the Show Z / Baba / Terry in China dont even know the price for it yet the US/Canada does, and yet they want a non refundable deposit?

2. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    They might be hedging their bets to see what each other price at.

3. Dpuff

Dpuff Fanstoys made me do it

News Credits:
    Showz and company may not put a final price bc they dont want to have to honor old po prices when their cost goes up as sometimes happens. That being said none of their prices are usually much if any higher than us stores once the figure is released. Honoring old po prices after an increase would be detrimental to any company of happened over and over again. Plus id like to think the deposit helps weed out some scalping.

• Like Like x 3
  4. freneticvirus

freneticvirus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if TFs Express now only sells via Your Best Transformers Toys Source. Premium Shipping Service plus Factory Direct Price - TFs Express (shipped from abroad to the UK) these days, rather than Your Best Transformers Toys Source. Shipped from UK. Masterpiece. 3rd Party. - TFs Express (shipped from the UK to UK)? From their facebook:
    "The preorder of FT47 Rig will be up next week, We will post the details later."

I missed the recent Insecticons and Springer re-releases, having expected them to show on preorder.tfs-express.com as usual, but it seems that particular site is no longer being updated for some reason. Their other site (Your Best Transformers Toys Source. Shipped from UK. Masterpiece. 3rd Party. - Omegalock) looks to be pieces that they've got 'in stock' here in the UK only.

5. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me, what's off about the face is the eye patch. It needs to be obvious rather than subtle. Bad Cube did a decent job with their face. And how come FT is not including the toy head like they did with Beachcomber and Seaspray.

[​IMG]

6. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

The TFS Express UK site is no longer being updated, with all new UK pre-orders now going live on Omegalock instead.
    If you take a look through that one, you will see it is pre-orders as well as instock items.
    However, I have noticed that in the last few months, Omegalock is taking longer to be updated with new Pre-orders, it does seem like they’re slowly winding down the UK side, though I don’t know that for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RetroElectro

RetroElectro Well-Known Member

This should be an easy lay up but it's looking like a miss. I'm not sure where the metallic blue paint is coming from unless they used up all their purple plaint on the bugs. THe bigger issue is the head sculpt went Reggie Fils Aime and is also way too shiny with a pouty duck lip. I'm getting old school 3p vibes from it and not the good kind. In hand, it may not be that bad but the finish isn't helping it. I think if they just shrink down the front of his face a bit so there isn't so much of it, it'll look a lot better.
    195285914_335688468126198_4958677613079642697_n-q.jpg

It started with the flight stands and now turning the market into a beanie baby model with added drip drip preorder tactics...
    Cmon JJ
    moonstruck.gif

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Consider yourself fortunate. I have Cubix Huff and the paint is chipping on his thighs.

9. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    At 120 bucks, it wouldn’t be necessarily over generous of them to include about 4 different head sculpts, so if the bug eyes look was only one of them that’d be just fine. Either way, im going to hold out hope that he ends up looking much better in hand.

10. freneticvirus

freneticvirus Well-Known Member

Excellent - thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Clear nail polish. I did that as soon as I got my Cubix Huff. It never flaked

12. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I'm not sure how I forgot FT was doing Huffer, but I'm not sure how I feel about him.

The proportions are weird, and they follow the too-skinny FT design aesthetic with their minibots like Sheridan and Dunerunner. But I like the paint and torso and arms. So clean.

But the price is a bit silly. He's twice what Huff cost me, and loose as he might be, how often am I really going to mess around with him?

Let him sell out - I can wait for the second, and third, or fourth re-issue. There's lots of time to wait and BC is a perfectly reasonable alternative.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  14. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks so much better with the right color. That I would buy.

15. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Since when is a company immune from legitimate criticisms!?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Interesting that that's what you got from my post.

17. Mr Buttons

Mr Buttons Well-Known Member

Even more so after the movie......

• Like Like x 6
  18. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

SD2.0 had unlimited order quantities - retailers could buy as many as they wanted. FT huffer is a limited release - retailers are allotted a set quantity by fanstoys.

Just keep checking Bombusbee... he's had tons on PO. He obviously (IMO) has the best relationship with FT of all the retailers who sell to the west. He always gets TONS.

He has another load of Huffers up. Get em while they're hot!

【Pre-order】Fanstoys FT-47 Rig Huffer

• Like Like x 4
  19. green_machine

green_machine No longer cares if Bandit gets announced.

Top tier comment

20. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Over/under on a KO of this? Have any of theirs been ko'd?