FansToys FT-47 Rig (Masterpiece Huffer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm completely baffled by all the nitpicking FT-47 is getting. The mold looks absolutely amazing and I get the feeling people are letting nitpicks worm their way through their brain. The closer to perfection we get the more people get hung up on the most minute details.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    What’s worrisome is FT doesn’t usually get these nitpicks because they’re so good. This is more an XTB style thread where people are throwing in digibashes trying to fix obvious errors.

It’s not terrible, I still have it ordered, there’s a lot greatness but they made the face worse and it looks like amateur work which we haven’t seen from FT since around Tesla 1.0.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Well this preorder came and went to sold out before I even realized it was up. What in the world is going on with Fanstoys? Do they have production problems? If something doesn't change, I may have to get out of this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. imest

imest Well-Known Member

The problem is that after market sellers are buying up all the pre-orders (my opinion) to mark up and sell for double the PO price.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Somechump

Somechump Well-Known Member

Fans Toys FT-47 RIG-3.jpeg Looks like his arm is detached to get this pose.

6. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I certainly feel your frustration. I just happened to be online and saw someone's post about TCP listing some yesterday. More often than not, I'm in your shoes and a day or even few hours away from securing a pre-order. Something should be done to prevent bots from sucking up the pre-orders and wrecking the market, but to the companies, a sale is a sale, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Huffer's arms are mounted on blocks that extend from his body a little lower than shoulders normally do. That's actually a show-accurate design element that this mold captures better than other versions, even if they placed the blocks a bit lower than they should have IMO

• Like Like x 3
  8. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Didn't care for Huffer that much until Dr. Smooth immortalized him in his vids.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I wasn't collecting when their Stunticons first started coming out so I missed all of them so far and probably will skip them at this point. Same goes for their Aerialbots, sadly.

Good luck, though! If Huffer can crash TFSource I can't imagine what will happen when Bandit arrives.

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Stopping bots is so trivial it's not even funny.

Step 1: Set a limit.
    Step 2: Don't show more than X in the quantity field. Don't let the cart ever have more than the limit. Don't let the checkout complete with more than the limit.
    Step 3: Compare previous purchases on that account name at checkout time.
    Step 4: Compare previous purchases on that credit card at checkout time.
    Step 5: Compare previous purchases on that billing/shipping address at checkout time.
    Step 6: Problem solved.

They don't do it because they a sale is a sale is a sale from the store's perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

All these stores use pre-built or hosted solutions. They don't have the ability to implement that kind of functionality if it's not baked into the service. And even if they did have the access and ability to build a plugin, it's likely not worth the trouble and cost to find and hire a developer to do it.

12. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

In case you missed the preorder FT Rig is still available on Bombusbee

13. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and took the plunge. A $15 deposit is reasonable, I think. I can barely believe I'm getting a THIRD Huffer, but he's one of those goofy looking bots that I loved back in the day and I very specifically want that goofy look captured in my MP display.

I wonder if I can just preorder Cliffjumper right now?

14. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

So is he only compatible w/MP-44 Prime’s trailer or MP-10’s as well?? … I really like the OG version and would love to display this guy with that accessory

• Like Like x 1
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    So why is FT Seaspray still available, but all PO for Rig are depleted?

16. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    I'm keeping my Cubex Huff just for that reason. It has the g1 accurate cab and tows the mp10 trailer... thats how I have mine right now, actually :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Because a sale is a sale is a sale.

I had a Shopify storefront for a couple months. Frankly, it was a buggy joke. But a dozen of their hundreds of competitors were no better. It's amazing how terrible they _all_ are. Same ridiculously basic featureless subscription shovelware. And that's all you get with the way these places fish for developers.

It's not that difficult of a concept. My storefront software had it and cartjacking protection. But it doesn't do you much good without marketing power.

18. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Well-Done Member

When the Chomp rumors started I just went ahead and pre-ordered Cliffjumper and Jazz from the old silhouettes at Terry, bababobo, or ShowZ. Any of those three seem to put up POs at even the whisper of a new figure and costs a little lower/the same as US retailer prices. It sure beats waiting up to 3:00am just in case the next FT rumor is true and pre-orders drop overnight while you're sleeping. Only a couple upcoming FT figures have my attention and at least I know I've got my foot in the door when the they drop without warning. While others scramble I can sit back, look at the pictures, see what BBTS/TFSource price the figure at for a guess, and decide if it's worth it.

Of course crazy re-releases and unexpected figures could arrive at any time.

19. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Awww … hella jelly, I only have Badcube’s offering

20. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Huffers face was pretty busted In the g1 animation

• Like Like x 1