FansToys FT-47 Rig (Masterpiece Huffer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Yes, all of us. This has become a seller's market. It's not just higher, non-refundable deposits. It's higher pricing, these short window announcements for preorders, less manufacturers... which is partly responsible for higher prices. It all adds up to none of our benefit.

• Like Like x 5
  2. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a soft spot for Huffer because he was One of my first transformers. The first ones I ever got were Jazz, Mirage and then Huffer as a mini bot.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Well I was specifically responding about the high, no refund deposit. The situation that makes high, no refund deposits necessary is no good for any of us, obviously, but given that situation I'd rather sellers use high, no refund deposits and other limits on pre-orders (such as only one per customer) to maximize the duration of the pre-order window and ensure that they are available to as many people as possible who want one and are committed to buying one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Considering how fast the US etailers sold out (except for tfsource lol), yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah... no. I get what you mean but I'm an adult and I don't plan to normalize minutes-long windows to buy luxury items. That's why I collect TFs and not, say, Macross or SoC... I can afford them but I don't feel like I can get them. I'll get into other things. This is about relieving stress, not causing it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SpiderPrime

SpiderPrime Well-Known Member

Pipes is SO much better than Huffer. He’s out there working on space bridges and Metroplex’s transformation while Huffer helped out Optimus once.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Gotcha. I'm not sure these can really be separated though. I think it's a culmination of multiple things stacking. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  8. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

I still think that XTB Stax is a magnificent looking, old school MP Pipes. So thankfully I don't need to wait for FT to retool Rig.

And, yeah, Huffer is an annoying little bastard. I like him exactly for what he is.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Maybe try other vendors?

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    @Miradus

Just saw that ShowZ has POs open for Huffer right now. Better move quick.

• Like Like x 1
  11. imest

imest Well-Known Member

Pre-order cash deposit (10 USD or more)

Pro:
    1. Stop Scalpers
    2. If final price is known, Lock in decent price.

Con:
    1. Final Price is unknown
    2. Waiting years for release - There should only be a 3 to 5 month max wait

Deposit requirement for a pre-order (10 USD or so) if we knew the final price and all vendors did it, with a max 5 month wait would be awesome.

12. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

So what's rigs final price then? if they've said and you know then fair enough you know what you're getting into that's on you

If you don't know then why would you pay such a high deposit then, so if fanstoys for arguments sake says 300 bucks you're gonna pay it? or you'll happily piss away 30 bucks?
    Very much reminds me of the season pass crap you now get with a lot of video games in where you pay it but you don't know exactly what it is you're paying for in a lot of cases

Smells like fanstoys is thinking " these people will pay whatever we tell them to pay"

• Like Like x 1
  13. sndwv

sndwv Well-Known Member

Catching up with the comments since this reveal, but (unexpectedly) my first reaction is 'wow, I really hate it!' :)  Trying to figure out what looks 'off' to me... I guess maybe the first 'step' in his shoulders is too pronounced (poor guy looks like an accordion), helmet seems too small (or face too big), lack of details on the arms (missing a line around both ends of the upper and lower arms) and the silver/chrome on at least the face (and perhaps in general) isn't really working for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

… the game is rig’d!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zagginhoof

Zagginhoof Well-Known Member

I agree that the changes to the facial features are minor but I think what’s throwing most of us off are the proportional changes. The enlarged eyes sit really high up on the head now and the amount of forehead has shrunk so much.
    EDC97CDB-150C-4700-BDD0-6908A1F167EE.jpeg 69650CC1-ECF3-4CF4-B00E-9698A0D16057.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  16. Rubber John

Rubber John Toei all the way

Ebay:
    Good comparison.
    It makes you wonder why they would alter a pretty perfect face sculpt to be something noticeably imperfect.

• Like Like x 3
  17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

You nailed it. All those little tweaks make for a big improvement.

The face-to-helmet ratio is still the most grating issue, to me.

• Like Like x 3
  18. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First off. I really like your edits to the of the torso and the face. I think it makes the character look more heroic. Defiantly better looking than the cartoon.

That said, it all depend on where someone, FT or people like you or me, "cheery picks" their reference from. The G1 cartoon was ridiculously poorly drawn and inconsistent on everything but the big six characters. Huffer was rarely drawn the same even in a single episode. While I do want designs that are heavily inspired by what I remember from my childhood, mostly the toys and not the cartoon, I don't care for slavishly G1 toon designs. FT recent Seaspray/Spindrift 2.0, is a prime (no pun intended) example. FT made him tubby and barrel chested like the vintage toy and the old cartoon but do so in a heroic way. Kind of like a burley dwarven warrior in LotR. XTB Neptune just looks dumpy with it's pot belly and skinny arms and legs. I think FT Huffer/Rig takes a step back from what FT has been doing till now and goes too toon. I think the tapering "V" torso and smaller eyes/face with more forehead in the helmet is a good edit. Though, I would keep the low shoulders as it was a defining silhouette characteristic of both the vintage toy and G1 cartoon. I have Badcub's Huffer (can't remember the BC name). I really like it. It has a good hand feel and really good design cues but is missing the low shoulders... and any sort of decent paint. I've POed Rig but am just not sure which one I will end up keeping in the end.

19. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Looks like a 40k space marine color scheme.

20. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Very nicely done, but even thought yours looks better...FT's eye region is slightly more accurate as there is visibly a space between his eyes and the helmet as shown in the renders you have presented. If it's not too much trouble could you also change his colouring to match that of the toon, it looks like it needs a hint of purple or something and also if possible could you address the mouth area so it looks more like toon. In the lower picture this region is white.

Goddamit, Huffer is one ugly robot, the only presentable iteration of the character that I've ever seen is the sketch of the one TT was contemplating throwing in with MP-10.