FansToys FT-47 Rig (Masterpiece Huffer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

Yeah, it's a work in progress with space.

Hopefully this can help some shopping folks compare Badcube, with FansToys, and Masterpiece, and MakeToys, and MMC, and X-Transbots to see if they like them together. It is a a big mixture of companies there.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I generally can't stand FansToys as a company. Everybody else just seems dedicated to giving us cool toys. FansToys, meanwhile, always seems pre-occupied with gaming the system, rather than simply delivering.

• Like Like x 6
  3. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Jazz has not been put up for PO yet aside from Chinese sites (usual).

dude, wait until release date and some PO’s will be dropped, it happens all the time. Also, relax a bit.

Sure it sucks for those working graveyard/in different time zones/intensive occupations. But such is the hand we’ve been dealt.

4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    First off, Risers will transform your shelf space. More space is better but risers will do WONDERS right now.

Secondly, The problem is that, of the companies you listed, XTB and MMC seem to be the only ones that are currently active. MakeToys seems to be running on fumes (we hope they'll put out the rest of the Coneheads, as most of the molds are already completed and all the physical prototypes are done), and BadCube rereleasing existing molds doesn't mean they'll do anything new, just like DX9 called it quits but still reissues old stuff because why not? Masterpiece... they're so hit or miss, I wait for the KOs to judge which will be better quality, confident that regardless I'll still be able to pick up whichever option I prefer at retail.

Hell, DX9 might have been my favorite company out of all of them... their Omega straight up is better than FT's, I'm not sure anybody else can say they smacked FT in a direct competition like that. They did Powerglide so well it not only got KOed two separate times, nobody else has even attempted to take a crack at the character. They made the cheapest AND (subjectively) best Menasor. They will be sorely missed. Also, you're forgetting Zeta... a lot of their stuff operates at its own scale, but their combiners have become the new standard and even some of their stand-alones are strong contenders. For instance, Starscream is the only one that actually seems like Coronation Starscream as seen in the movie, I like their Jazz almost as much as MT's, and I actively preferred my modded Seaspray and unmodded Cosmos over other competitors). DX9's toys you can actually play with and they still look great. Plus, I suspect they're responsible for the Final Victory set... they share aesthetics and almost all their design cues with ToyWorld/Zeta Cosmos and Powerglide. (I even got FV Warpath in preference to FTs, even though I could have actually ordered FT's. Crazy, right?)

One thing I can say about BC is they knocked some stuff out the park. I haven't even wanted anyone else's insecticons (I mean that... I had FT's and sold them!) I have no need to ever get another Red Alert, Sideswipe, Gears, Swerve, or Outback. (Okay, maybe Sideswipe... not the other ones). Even though I retired Warpath from my main display, I still kept it because the mass shifting is an act of sorcery.

So now we're down to MMC, XTB and FT.
    MMC is still doing great, even though they're dividing their focus between MP scale, Reformatted, and their new OC line. They have knocked many of their efforts out the park though. Their Bruticus was a success. Optus Pexus is probably the best transforming action figure I've ever seen. Yes I know it's not MP scale but it's also obvious how they could apply those design principles at a higher scale for a character whose transformation isnt' overly complex.

XTB is in many ways more ambitious and they've already proven they can execute a Combiner, which is something FT seems to be struggling with given the delays in the Aerialbots and Stunticons. But they have a much spottier track record of QC and even design, notwithstanding FT's overrated reputation in that regard (they have multiple figures that are basically designed to break or come apart over time: the original Soar, Kickback and Hound come readily to mind, and many others that had widespread assembly or QC issues, such as Hot Rod's stuck paint, various joint and tolerance issues on various toys, and even design issues such as Koot's backpack which seems to have been misdesigned and can be modded to eliminate the problem with no negative effects).

Only FT is in the position of being, as somebody else pointed out, the Supreme of 3rd Party TF toys. Nobody else sells out everything in a matter of hours. Even selling out in days would be a major accomplishments... hours, every time, means they're underproducing. But again, they're trying to cultivate this mystique because they are entering the era where a lot of people just won't think it's worth it anymore, since all the essentials have pretty much been covered already and even the obscure characters have mostly been done by now. (Chomp may have been one of the last few of that category we can expect anytime soon, and even that was how many years after the prototype was first shown?)

LOTS of brands make a living off of exclusivity and sell more once they hike their prices. I guess FT is positioning themselves that way. They may have lost me for the most part but I don't think they're crying over it. And on the flipside, I'd like to be able to buy their shit, but I'll live if I can't, plus there's an extremely handsome aftermarket for any of their stuff I do manage to acquire, if I decide I can live without it later. Hell, I can display their stuff and still make money on the aftermarket.

To their credit, I've already been trained to PO any FT item I might want immediately, no questions asked... even if I don't end up wanting it, I will sell it for a profit, even if I open it and display it for a while first to decide. I didn't really feel like I needed Rig but I still tried to get one!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God Jazz is going to be a bloodbath. We are going to lose some people when his preorders go up.

• Like Like x 8
  6. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

So it’s sold out everywhere? I’ve been in and out the hospital all day today, really drives home how silly this shit is … not asking for pity, but goddamn these motherfuckers have no soul lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. kamifushou

kamifushou Well-Known Member

As someone said only Chinese sellers who instantly put up preorders the moment there’s a hazy image of a concept. Those don’t count. Like some people said keep tabs on retailers’ social media or if like me don’t use Twitter or Facebook keep an eye on this forum. Someone always is nice to post updates

8. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Son of a bitch, set my alarm for 3pm, but forgot to actually turn the alarm on. Hopefully I can grab one at release.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bradam

bradam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    even bbts is sold out already? ffs

10. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Huffer wasn't the cranky bot, he was the whiny bitch bot. Gears was the cranky bot.

Huffer was a lovable whiny bitch though, that's why everyone wants him.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

The other day was Chomp. Then Rig. So are there other FT figures going on preorder tonight or this week?

12. Miradus

Miradus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good spirits man, ill keep a lookout

• Like Like x 2
  13. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see where you are coming from but it is a bit annoying that you only have a 1 day window for figs that probably will not come out for Over 6 months. I remember when you could pre order right up until the release of FT. Iron dibots took weeks to sell out. Having to watch boards daily and Twitter to jump on a release is a but ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  14. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

5K Fortress Maximus.

15. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I know. Just like Apple, we all keep bending over and asking for more. I am as guilty as anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I always thought the purpose of preorders was for the manufacturer to know how many to make. 500 preorders? Make 500. 5000 preorders, make 5000.
    Whatever their purpose, Fanstoys seems to want their figures hard to get. It's not like it helps them. They are not getting a cut from the scalpers.

• Like Like x 4
  17. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, this only helps secondary market prices. Unless, FT is also making money on secondary market by driving up prices?

18. Miradus

Miradus Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly

CMON IF YOU WANT THIS THING YOU MUST BE CHAINED TO YOUR PHONE AT ALL TIMES AND PURCHASE WITHIN THIS SEVERAL HOUR WINDOW

This isn't an sdcc exclusive or something.

Reasonable, right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. 3Y3

3Y3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This pleases me, not because I will buy it (make no mistake, I hate Huffer.) but rather it indicates a possibility of getting a new Pipes in the future (Who is in fact one of the greatest TFs ever, unlike Huffer)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Even though I like Huffer, this is a refreshing take.

And yeah, let's see a good MP Pipes, please.

• Like Like x 2