FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Whoever said it the other day was right - you really should quote people when you're responding to them so we know to whom you're responding.

But in response to what you just said... I'd be curious to know what you're referring to, because you said that before, but saying something is undervalued in this context heavily implies you think they should cost more. I don't think anything I, or others, said was putting words in your mouth, but if I did, that wasn't my intention.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No no. Not your bad. I understood. I just meant to say that I agreed with your position on the face swap while clarifying my position on the head swap. Sounds like we're in agreement all around on that. Sorry for not being clearer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I'd argue that a figure that cannot stand on its own two feet (whether that's Flametoys Star Saber, Takara MP52 Starscream or a XTB Perceptor with one leg broken off) is worthless, no matter the price.

The issue of something being 'meh' is entirely a subjective one (assuming you meant the look of a figure) that has little to do with the actual build quality. Undoubtedly there are people that prefer the look of XTB Perceptor over Fanstoys Perceptor, who can easily afford the more expensive Fanstoys version, but choose not to. I personally find the Fanstoys Skullcruncher to be overpriced, but I know a lot of people who are more than willing to fork over the money. To each their own.

Whether or not you consider a Fanstoys figure worth its respective cost is a matter of opinion. I personally prefer the Fanstoys Perceptor and got my preorder in, but if it arrives with a broken off leg like some XTB Perceptors, I will be on this forum, lamenting Fanstoys' poor quality control.

• Like Like x 8
  4. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

:confused2 

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    mod cleanup incoming :lol 

6. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

Wow that is a whole lot of text! It basically comes down to 2 basic words "Supply" & "Demand".

7. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

This is the exact thought process I had with the seekers. MP-52's weak ankles/knees made me not want it (among other problems), going for the DS version. Granted, I liked more about the DS than just that, but standing without worries is a big deal. It needs to stand under its own weight.

The MP-52 KO at a significantly cheaper price was not enough to sway me if it didn't fix the problems I had with the official.

• Like Like x 2
  8. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    the shitter is the last release skywarp is solid! mine is anyway and makes starscream feel like a cheap ko , thundercracker was better but those knees are still quite weak and ankles not as tight as they could be but still much better than my starscream , skywarp when i got it held by the lower legs and it wasn't until the figure was nearly upside down that the knees gave out and the ankles are proper tight , bad that it took 3 releases to get the qc right

• Like Like x 1
  9. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Damn... I'm beginning to think I should fell lucky that Fanstoys would even allow me to buy their products

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

Yeah, Skywarp seems to be the best of the lot in terms of build quality. But I think the problems really are in the design. I think if they didn't put all that diecast in the upper torso, that it wouldn't be so bad even with the ankles/knees being how they are.

11. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Its still up for debate;) 

• Like Like x 5
  12. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I see you've been talking to my wife.

• Like Like x 4
  13. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    yeah no denying it's a bad design i have said this since i got starscream when it was released and opened the knees up to try and tighten them and see the really shallow ratchet teeth that are no fit for purpose and a proper weak spring , the ankles are an obvious bad design ... i have not opened up my skywarp to look and probably won't but i'm wondering if they are deeper ratchet teeth on this one or maybe a stronger spring

14. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Anyone get a shipping notice yet? I paid up with A3U.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Nope still waiting on tcp even tho its been "arriving soon" for goin on 2 weeks now.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I paid for my order at Show.Z, and they have the status as incoming. Word on the street is they won't ship until after Chinese New year.

• Like Like x 3
  17. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

This ("arriving soon") has been removed recently. Looks like it didn't make the cut before CNY :( .

• Like Like x 2
  18. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

I feel close to your comments. I don't think Jansen looks bad, IF that was the only option I had. Been years waiting for Perceptor and Jansen is a viable option. Heck I skipped Tesla 1.0 back when I was first starting collecting because he just looked off to me. If Jansen came out years sooner, I'd probably buy him first and wouldn't have even considered FT's. But with the option presented first to see which version I prefer, FT is the one that looks best and I don't mind waiting and spending more money on the version I like.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

I got Jansen for my s2 shelf and ft comjng for my movie shelf. I also have a v1 tesla I gotta put somewhere. I am slightly crazy, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Ive noticed it does this when its sold out. If they have it available to add to cart it says arriving soon but if not its just says pre order sold out

• Like Like x 3