FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Aaaaand, its gone!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Goosfraba

Goosfraba Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You tell me.

soldout.png

• Like Like x 4
  4. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Lol that anybody took that seriously. I like FT, to an extent, most of the time, but I find your criticism of them to be tough but fair.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

The comparison I made in the Release thread is related to perceived business practices of FT (FansToys release schedule (past/present) and FansToys release schedule (past/present)), not only the products themselves. But it does seem that it's a somewhat difficult concept to grasp for most people.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    one of them was probably the one i canceled which went through yesterday so chances are you still got my pre order in the end :lol  "edit" i was refunded sunday night not yesterday but chances could still be high :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Now that's going above and beyond :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    primus works in mysterious ways!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

I didn't quote you, and I just read your comment you linked to. I'd have to go back and read your entire conversation about them being luxurious to see if what I wrote even pertains to you. I'm talking about the people who act like the quality and price and "scarcity" make it luxurious. They can adopt business practices that are parallel with luxury companies, but that doesn't put them in that category.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That was when the G1 MP companies were fairly even, nowadays FT have created a solid reputation (whether they deserve it or not, is another debate) and a fanbase (some of them are zealots) that allows them to charge whatever they want.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Go back and look

13. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    No

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I asked bc ive followed this thread since the po dropped for this and nobody has said a word about "scarcity" equals "luxurious".
    If i missed something then so be it. But again. Thats why i asked.

15. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Hopefully those days return! My DX9 Gabriel is awesome! I guess G1 MP is a tough game to enter when FT steals all the buzz. Competition is definitely at a low point.

TFC has more than enough capability but they want to avoid copyrighted shit, allegedly.

MMC insists on focusing on combiners in their own scale.

DX9 is defunct.

XTB doesn't deserve anyone's money until they fix the Locke debacle. Even then, how can you trust them enough to drop a FT PO in favor of an XTB PO? My XTB bots are all placeholders except for Klaatu (who is awesome).

Fanshobby probably has us for more headmasters down the line. Love those guys.

Zeta seems to be focusing on reissues for now.

Giga only does dinos, lol.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

So be it.

Above is the most recent quote referring to luxury in the on-going conversation. Franpincho does like to be sarcastic, but there have been more than one similar message about artificial scarcity, perceived quality, and luxury brands.

One doesn’t have to go back more than a day or two. To say that the conversation hadn’t happened on your watch is disingenuous.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Well, FT's bots are highly sought after and they go for very high prices as well, they are built and made with materials perceived as "premium" and they also seem to be of "limited quantity", those are characteristics of items labeled as luxury items.

Takara's bots also share some of those characteristics, but they are produced in greater numbers.

18. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Because FT is using stolen IP. Can’t produce as much as Takara when you’re afraid of them. The limited nature is built into the situation.

Also, there are some who see FT as premium, like @Marcelo Antunes, because they contain a good amount of diecast. Diecast figures have traditionally been more valued by a certain class of collectors like the ones that buy Chogokins. Like it or not, that is the mentality that persists in that segment of the community.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Those guys are arguing with imaginary zealots so they can feel good about themselves. Just go with it.

It’s interesting how they respond comments no one made but how come they don’t comment on what I said about Takara? That’s disingenuous.

If they did reply honestly, it would sound something like this: “Oh, all these companies are using similar tactics. Keith did also except people saw through his falsehoods and he had to backtrack. So if I am going to act all outraged and complain about it, let’s do it all the threads.”

But you won’t get that response because admitting that you’re a troll hurts your little ego and exposes more of your insecurities. Don’t worry, no one has to admit to what they are doing. Everyone sees it but they’re just too polite to say. Well, almost everyone.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

I think we’re not on the same page in this conversation here.

I am pointing out that there is a quote about luxury in the middle of a conversation about scarcity, artificial or otherwise. We both know that the poster was and is most likely being sarcastic. The intent is irrelevant.

If you can’t draw the line between two dots, so be it. And when we’re now collectively talking about it, the line is now drawn. To debate over semantics imho equates to being disingenuous.

fwiw, I don’t believe scarcity equates to luxury. Neither does quality. But you can raise the perception of your brand through a combination of these and marketing so that your consumers perceive your brand as being luxurious.

Definitely can go off on a whole tangent on Apple and german car brands with you. We can have a great conversation about all this, if everyone involved is willing to have an open conversation without simply saying ‘prove it.’

• Like Like x 1