FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same, though I was close to not getting Rig.

I really miss the days of early review samples being made available before the toy had sold out. You knew what you were getting back then.

Halcyon days.

2. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

I've casually kept an eye on this project as I've never been that concerned with upgrading V1.0. So, while I'm personally not upset at missing an opportunity to get the upgrade, I find it ridiculous that a project that has been in the works for a year-and-a-half has a PO go live and sell out in a matter of hours. For those invested in following this project for so long, to have such a tiny window to get a copy, it's absurd.

• Like Like x 13
  3. Starscream8474

Starscream8474 Well-Known Member

Keep me in the loop. I have an extra FT-51 Chomp if your looking for one. Even swap?

4. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ve got a preorder from FOREVER ago through Baba on eBay, otherwise I’d say that’s fair!

5. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    And over the weekend, and Father's Day weekend too. I can barely keep up with threads/news/activity on busy family weekends.

Missed all POs for this so far but oh well, I'm not keen on the price anyway.

6. twohip2

twohip2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This has gotten dumb.

• Like Like x 3
  7. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

1t40wh.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Starscream8474

Starscream8474 Well-Known Member

10-4 never hurts to ask. Thank you for getting back to me. Damn man yesterday I was traveling through the mountains back from the Ocean and zero service. Missed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

as somebody that has a telsa 1.0 I alway felt like I was on the inside looking out. Now I missed the 10 minute pre-order window and I'm on the outside looking in

• Like Like x 2
  10. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Guess I will just snag one at TFcon in October from Chosen Prime or Toy Dojo.

11. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How hard would it be to have larger runs? once you have begun making figures it is easy to keep producing. This is a Fans Toys created scarcity. I truly getting pissed at this company. JUST MAKE MORE!! Most companies supply the demand. If you need to raise prices due to popularity I get it but don't force prices on secondary market!!! What made Fans Toys so appealing was their quality/price point. Now it is getting out of control.

I have Tesla 1.0 and even though this guy is better, he is not as much better as Spindrift 2.0. If I had to stay with a figure and not get one, this would be the one I would want to fail on since I have version 1.0.

I have been supporting Fans Toys since they released Quakewave and this new scenario feels like a slap in the face. What happens when the last stunticon is released? What about 2nd 2 limb bots for Superion? Cliff Jumper? Jazz? I'm so let down.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the only place / safe seller I still see with it available… but it depends on your comfortability with pre order items on eBay:

2021 FansToys FT-46 Perceptor ft09 Tesla 2.0 FT46 Figure Sent in November | eBay

13. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much summed up my feelings. 1.0 is fine for displaying with the MP-9/10 era figures, especially since all of the official S2 characters are in that style, or can be (Grapple/Inferno), including the upcoming Skids. If they went more 'toon (ala body proportions) with Tesla 2.0 I would have been all over it.

14. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

On the other hand, you exercised? so your health definitely liked it. In the end that is most important. if you had just sat at your computer the situation would have been the other way around. :) 

15. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

That's because it is a contrived situation to create false scarcity to raise current retail pricing to aftermarket pricing. People are paying absurd amounts after the figs sellout, so now FansToys is fabricating this scenario to divert that money to them up front.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rods

Rods Member

Baba doesn´t have a PO opened yet.
    There´s still hope.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Oh well just wait till they come out or not get one I have the first Tesla. I don't have time to play this game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Compared to the PS5's literally being gone in minutes it's nothing. I managed to snatch 3, 1 almost on release and 2 after new year, seeing how my cousin, in law and friends missed their order in like a minute or 2 in time is crazy af. And this is knowing someone who works at a major online retailer and having knowledge of when it goes live. I've heard many people getting to the pay option and not being able to pay, cause it just sold out. Lol. That's like a minute or 2 or 3 at best.

19. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    U do know they rent space in a factory to make these right? We dont know how that time is allegated or if other companies are involved? There are loads of reasons why they may have a limited run. Im not injecting any speculation on whether it is actually limited as much as we think it is or not im just saying it may not be bc of all the hoopla ppl like to spout about it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Unless my stoner theory is correct and they do have a factory now and just haven't announced it in which case idk wth they are doin lol