FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    thank you!

2. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Where are you getting that showz number from? The price isn't posted?

3. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

Its what it said yesterday when I checked my preorder, doesn't say it any more.

Checked TCP, and it's coming out at around £165

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Except you don't have to do it by any of these timelines. I noticed you decrying the availability of Chomp above as well. One of the only sites that requires payment up front is Agabyss, and they have had stock for days now. If you did only want to leave a deposit though, there's also a tremendous amount of copies available on Bombusbee for P.O. as well with only a 15 dollar deposit. Multiple Chinese retailers have released P.Os in waves as well, and even if you missed the boat on Quietus I know of at least 3 sites where he's currently available to buy for his P.O. price and the most egregious NA seller has him for only a 15.2% markup with free shipping.

There doesn't seem to be a shortage of availability currently on FT P.O.s. I dislike what FT is doing since it absolutely exploits the same poor impulse control as gambling, but comparing it to PS5 sellouts is just being hyperbolic. Anyone that bought Quietus to scalp is still holding a figure that they could only ever sell at a loss after shipping. After briefly letting the fear grip me on bugs I ended up with multiple P.O.s and ended up canceling mine to go with my preferred seller, which is Agabyss. Even if I'd missed out with every other retailer Bombusbee and ShowZ had them reliably for days after even Agabyss has sold out. The only shortage of available P.O.s is on the initial wave.

FT can eat a fat one for exploiting our base instincts to turn a quick buck, but no one has to panic. P.O.s on the RIs and new figures are very gettable at roughly equivalent costs to when they first listed after the initial wave. If anyone truly feels otherwise and that we've reached PS5 levels of scarcity then I'll happily trade any of my recent FT POs for a PS5. Barring that I'd also happily pay the same 15% late tax on one that TFSux is currently charging on Quietus.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Craigmcgowan1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Remember when show z was the cheapest, the price you saw was it including postage, didn't have to worry about added tax and customs. I miss those days

6. Arblus

Arblus Active Member

Cheers, got mine!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Same got mine

• Like Like x 2
  8. DPrime83

DPrime83 Well-Known Member

Me too. Another one ticked off for the movie shelf

• Like Like x 1
  9. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, before shipping. Last thing I got shipped to Spain from Taobao was Badcube Trailbreaker + MMC Inferno (don't want Outrider anymore and gave up waiting for Dante), which was 750 grams (could it be like one Perceptor?) It was 90yuan/$15 using eYouBao, which is the cheapest (even cheaper than SAL for light parcels), but you can't claim if it gets lost, altough I have always received everything, and I could always claim paypal.

It seems to be more expensive to USA, $20 eYouBao, $32 Airmail and $37 EMS for a 750 grams parcel, and $25 eYouBao, $39 Airmail and same $37 for 1kg.

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thats not a bad price from omegalock will bombusbee end up being cheaper than that tho?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stardiver

Stardiver Moist for Hoist

That's pretty good, hope Bombusbee is about the same now I'm committed :lol 

12. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Pricepoints, delays and all that controversial stuff aside for a moment, you have to hand it to FT for getting back on their game this month in pumping out a rapid series of release updates & coloured photos into the public domain.

What is it, three full release updates already now? Chomp, Rig, Tesla 2?

Hopefully Jazz by mid-summer, and an early render on Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 4
  13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    well i have thrown a pre order in with omegalock too as both are free to cancel and both deposits .... when do bombusbee put up the full price normally? on release or before

• Like Like x 1
  14. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @nhyone is right that you have to go through an internal/external warehouse when it arrives later this year. You can check Buying Transformers on Taobao for any questions

• Like Like x 1
  15. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Got a ps5, Got 2 more that i sold to my cousin and my sister's husband. They couldn't get it so I got 2 extra later. Of course sold it to them same price no profit. But I wouldn't have minded scalping them for twice the price to strangers.

They lucky with fam like me..., 1000 profit for 2 ps5's would have been nice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Craigmcgowan1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've got a pre-order with showz I've had for a while but I'm wondering if I should get the omega before it's gone, do omega give the deposit back if you cancel or is it gone?

17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hes gone from Omega now so looks like the choice has been made for you

18. Craigmcgowan1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Oh well as I said already got a pre-order so no great loss

19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Whoever makes a custom pencil that Perceptor can hold will get my entire wallet. This is a plea to the cosmos so that I may have my Percy dual-wield better than even the likes of goddamn Kirito from Sword Art Online could dare to dream.

I completely understand your stance on this. Fans Toys is definitely, while making amazing figures, becoming a real crutch in regards to the ordering process.

I've said it before but i'll say it again, this round of FT pre-orders was EASILY the worst of them all as of recent (Huffer & Skullcruncher, Insecticons, etc). I have NEVER seen TFSource and TCP crash to the extent that they did that night ever before.

And I totally agree about the prices, they're fucking crazy. But personally at the same time, while I may come off as a hypocrite by still going for a lot of this FT stuff, these are all characters I love. I love Springer, I love Cyclonus, I love the Insecticons, I love Huffer, I love the Dinobots and I fucking ADORE Perceptor (Skullcruncher can fuck off tho). So all of these recent reissues I personally believe are worth it, though I of course don't want to pay this much if given an alternate route. And they should NEVER have been this high, and I agree it's getting problematic.

To the point where some figures are on par with, if not more expensive than the PC parts I have to buy for my new rig (Using this as an example).

upload_2021-6-20_11-40-38.png upload_2021-6-20_11-43-18.png upload_2021-6-20_11-44-19.png upload_2021-6-20_11-50-34.png

upload_2021-6-20_11-41-39.png

upload_2021-6-20_11-42-3.png

upload_2021-6-20_11-46-47.png

upload_2021-6-20_11-47-3.png

THEY SHOULD NOT BE THIS EXPENSIVE.

Though one kicker I don't really hear much of is that of the lack of transparency. I don't expect Fans Toys to tell us anything on why, but if they offered even a tad bit of a reason as for why things are happening, a-la how X-Transbots does from time to time, I have a feeling there'd be a bit more of an understanding on why FT has gone in this direction and are cashing everything for what it's worth.

Agreed, good lord where do I even begin...?

Look, no offense to anyone who chose Fans Toys over the PS5 and whoever posted the poll originally, but that comparison is just fucking stupid. There's such a clear winner when it comes to that to the point where it isn't even funny. PS5 is on a completely different scale to begin with. Fans Toys we had a chance with. Hell, I came out with 2 of Quietus, Apache, the Bugs, Tesla and the Dinobots, but Sony gives you fuck all thanks to a shitton of bots.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Ooooold pic of when I first get v1 but just use an actual pencil:

Screenshot_20210620_172026_com.facebook.katana_edit_317874929265557.jpg

Just make sure it's the right colour lol

V2 didn't last long on Tfs-express!

• Like Like x 2