FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Instrumentsofdestruction

Instrumentsofdestruction Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

Same here. Especially since he has a sniper rifle.

3. travis2153

travis2153 Member

ToyDojo will charge sales tax if you live in Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I got a preorder in only because I saw the post here shortly after it was posted. So I guess I got lucky. This still sucks though, and I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be able to complete my FT Stunticon team unless I happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Does California have laws mandating tax from online orders from out of state? Here in Minnesota, there is such laws since about 2 years ago and technically TFS, CP, & TD should be charging me tax. However so far they have not. My theory is that they are small enough that they can’t really account for tax laws for all 50 states, and the states can’t really find and enforce all the really small businesses that owe them tax. BBTS, on the other hand, is big enough that they started charging me MN tax as soon as the MN tax law went into effect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

I think, if maybe only for FT at the moment, that it has gone from "it's so cool to have this for my display" to "haa, haa, I got one and you didn't so I'm better than you". It's sick and pitiful to think some people are so competitive for pieces of plastic. I guess I'm just a schmuck for wanting to enjoy the figures for what they are, a distraction and a tactile reminder from my youth. When it ceases to be that for me then it will be a great loss.
    If people can only enjoy this hobby as a competition then they have already lost before "the game" has even started. My opinion is worth about as much as everyone else's, so take it for what it is...

• Like Like x 10
  6. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Its kind of disheartening. There's no way I'm paying these new inflated prices, but everything keeps selling out anyway so those prices are here to stay. I've been priced out of my hobby.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Instrumentsofdestruction

Instrumentsofdestruction Well-Known Member

Say what you will about X-Transbots (and as TF fans, we surely will! :D  ), but at least their stuff both looks great and is readily available. Which is at least one one point they have over Fanstoys atm.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who does that? Fuck those people! It's bad enough being a selfish rat trying to hoard the cheese for yourself but lording your toys over others who couldn't get them? How truly sad and pathetic must one's life be to behave like that?

I agree and I'll admit I'm a hypocrite for playing the game. I will say, though, that this is it. I just made my last Fanstoys purchase ever and possibly my last MP purchase: Perceptor is the only hole in my MP collection as far as my collecting goals go (Season 1, 2, and TFTM). If there were another Perceptor of decent quality (hell, I'd probably take a mediocre one even), I wouldn't even think about buying FT's.

• Like Like x 4
  9. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    I’ve been checking Toy Dojo all day and then it’s gone in minutes? Pardon my French but that is BULLSHIT!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

as a total off topic and to maybe try to lighten things up I will say this, how many of you are sitting there with a charger over your hip/butt cheek so you can recharge a battery? Anyone? No one? Ha! then that makes me better than anyone here!

11. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Missed opportunity to have an additional headsculpt with the monocle. Could have made it compatible for Tesla 1.0 even.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MeisterTFFan

MeisterTFFan Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I am sorry you didn't get one but you have to give props to toy dojo to let us know that they would put them on sale at exactly 1pm CST.

• Like Like x 2
  13. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Show me

14. Arblus

Arblus Active Member

15. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Is this a recent development? My last order from TCP didn't ask for CA sales tax.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I get the impression that you are directing towards me a deeper frustration with the whole unfortunate situation, which I have merely been desribing. But that's okay. I'm used to being the maligned messenger.

I think you are misunderstanding the situation. It's not competitive because people want other people to not have figures, it's competitive because there aren't enough figures to go around. The more people start collecting Fanstoys, the more competitive it will get.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  17. Darthmarto

Darthmarto Well-Known Member

Agree. And they are, for the most part, reasonably priced. For example 130 for motormaster/gravestone is damn good for his size. I love fanstoys and they are far and away the best out there. But their prices are taking the piss. They’re sometimes double or triple competitors. They charge for huffer what xtb charge for gravestone

I’m still getting perceptor. There’s no other options. When there is I try to take them.

18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Glad I am happy with the original 

• Like Like x 1
  19. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Im not sure. Others are saying that too. But I know I got charged. If it’s a preorder you don’t get charged at time of preorder. But once it’s shipped they add the tax. BBTS does this too, they add the tax once it ships. TFSource is up front with the tax. ToyDojo as far as I know still doesn’t charge it yet. But it could vary. Who knows. I just hate paying over 10% in taxes when it’s not even from CA. It’s robbery. Double taxation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Yeap, I am still waiting for Virtus and Galvatron.