FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm in the opposite boat... I have Tesla 2 on my movie shelf, but I'm still waiting on Janssen to swap with Tesla 1 on my Season 2 shelf.

I like it. I like how FT really stepped up their articulation on this one, which is nice, because there's nothing really impeding the transformation. (I do think their shoulder solution is inelegant; Moving the whole top of the shoulder like that doesn't look good to me... but that's picking nits). I think it's very well built, it looks great and has great presence. I like the chest swap option (I stuck with clear). Having said all that... Janssen just looks more show accurate in both modes to me, so I still want it even though I know going in it's inferior as an actual physical toy. (It helps that Janssen costs like 100 fewer bucks.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. rotheblog

rotheblog Member

Like the iridescence of the red they chose.

What is the story on the 'eyepatch' version of the head?

3. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's not an eye patch although it does look solid covering his eye, but that's from the IDW comic version of Perceptor and is a monocle lense for sighting. I wouldn't think he needs it for use with his sniper rifle because the scope should do it all but I guess it goes hand in hand. This could kinda be like the H.U.D. targeting system the Apache helicopter pilots use where the gun will lock on where the pilot looks. Being robotic, maybe Perceptor just has to look where he wants to shoot and his body will automatically aim and make it happen. I'm just totally making shit up now, with Percy anyways, but it is a monocle.
    eb35e2759adfa72986cb2ee3c48a003815d3d8c9r1-640-398v2_hq.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robots In Love

Robots In Love Well-Known Member

I think TF Animated's Perceptor started the whole monocle thing and IDW took it from there...

5. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe. Im not a big fan of the series and the bit I remember he only had the yellow glasses. Since the heads both FT and XTB have made are IDW, I specifically referred to it.

6. Robots In Love

Robots In Love Well-Known Member

Oh you're right. I don't know what the hell I was thinking...

7. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

my fear is that something will happen and I won't get my TFexpress order and by that time, this will be sold out everywhere else

8. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

So I got a pre order with Terry. His side says Tesla is coming soon. And on his Tesla page I can choose to pay the balance.

Normally he sends me a mail to pay the balance. Will everything work out fine if I pay the balance via his site, instead of the mail?

9. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Most likely it's the same page as when you receive the email notice. I haven't dealt with Terry's on a preorder yet but at TFS Express and Bombusbee, the link they send you in the email just takes you to the updated item that can be paid for, the same as if you logged on their sites and went to the page yourself. I would say it will speed up your order getting filled the sooner you pay. I did this at TFS Express. I did this with my last couple preorders too and they never sent me an email because they saw it was paid which got my order processed fast.

10. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. It's just that it's a lot of money and I don't want to see it get lost in the process.

11. Waddupdough

Waddupdough Well-Known Member

I feel like the FT sold out days are over, there are plenty of US domestic shops that still have Tesla, Rig, acoustic wave available. Not sure about the international sites like Showz/Terry/Baba/BBB.

12. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Well I finally got Tesla 2.0. Man, it's been a long wait to finally have Perceptor in in my collection (Berserk is now the last of my original Showz pre-orders that I made back when I first got into MP...this, Acoustic Wave, and Thomas were the others). But this mold is right up there with Acoustic Wave and Rig in terms of being exactly what I want from G1 MP...clean, toon accurate yet robotic, solid all around and not a single blemish that I can find.

Now I've got him standing with FT's other recent releases, engaged in the time-honored "get this fucking green eyesore off of me and throw it in the trash" ritual.

[​IMG]

My only small complaint with this figure is that it's just a tad shinier than what I would have preferred. Acoustic Wave was absolutely perfect for me, I think I would have liked Tesla just a bit better if he had the same level of shine as Acoustic Wave. But ultimately it's not a huge deal.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A friend of mine messaged them, mid-March they reckon.

Been a real let down on this release, I’m starting to move my orders elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

Show.Z went from mid-February, to the 22nd of February, to the first week of March. It's not just TFExpress, I feel like this is affecting almost all Eastern retailers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I hope they are using the extra time to fix that paint scratching on the thigh that some people have reported.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bombusbee shipped my Tesla this morning

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Banned

Apparently if you transform it correctly that doesn’t happen.:rolleyes: 

18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    And my FT-29 still does not have a single paint damage on the chest and yes I've transformed him (correctly no doubt). The point is, a product should be robust enough to tolerate a certain amount of user error. Not every error, mind you, but minor mistakes.

Anyway, FT has been known to make changes before. See FT-29T. Will we see major changes? No, but maybe some minor paint application change?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, why are you stopping just two combiners shy of a full Season 1 through TFTM lineup? Is it just dissatisfaction with the current options or do you just dislike those characters in particular?

20. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same!