FansToys FT-46 Tesla (Masterpiece Perceptor 2.0)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they usually alternate between NA first and China first, but this release happens to be a NA first one. That coinciding with CNY will probably put a a slightly longer than normal delay on China retailers.

But it's not bombusbee's fault. Just bad timing for those that ordered from them. I have Tesla ordered from them, but I know I'll get it in due time. Usually once they ship it's about 2 weeks to my door.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

Genuine question, but when was the last time that China was alternated to be the first?

Perceptor, Huffer, the tapes, and Soundwave were all released in America first. I cannot remember beyond those, but as far as I can tell, there is no alteration. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Pretty sure spindrift and smokey were released in na first too. Not 100% on smokey tho he was my first new ft and i was a few wks late to the game on that one. Idk bout the reissues either tho. Seems i remember the bugs were in china first but could be wrong

• Like Like x 3
  4. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Was that a one time issue or is this happening regularly? I've had no issues with them like that. Like all Chinese stores, it seems common that they take a few days on average to get the order moving, sometimes quicker or longer, but its normal. I do like TFS Express which is the Chinese store related to Omegalock and they charge more but their service is super fast and I can imagine it's even faster as a UK resident ordering from Omegalock. TFS Express has gotten my orders in a consistent 3 days which is insanely fast to the U.S. from China. As far as Bombusbee though, they haven't done anything different than ShowZ and that's great as far as I'm concerned because that makes them quicker than other stores such as Terry's or Baba's plus they are good with sorting any problems if you have an after sales claim.
    As a bunch of others have said, Fanstoys ships to the North American stores first, then china stores get theirs plus CNY holiday is being celebrated which is one to two weeks of down time so this will back things up a bit. Honestly it's kind of a surprise that Fanstoys even got the U.S. stores some stock before the holiday because it was set to release in March all along and was kind of a last minute advancement. So to me it's no big deal. I'm sure as soon as they are back from holiday, a bunch of people will get their notifications. Bombusbee is also better priced with fanstoys compared to most other stores both in China and the U.S. I'd love to have releases immediately but I also like saving money and/or paying a more reasonable price especially on the ones that still seem overpriced with their cheaper release price, so waiting a little knowing I have it on lock sounds like a better way to go.

5. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Finally got my Tesla 2.0 today. I guessed I would like it more than Jansen, but I didn't realize just how much more I would like it. And for typical FAAANNNSSSTOOOYYYSSS reasons... Stronger joints, secure tabbing, thicker plastic, better paint.

Jansen feels like it's built like a KO.

I thought I might like the proportions of Jansen better in bot mode, but with Tesla in hand, I actually like it better... In every single way except for the lack of butterfly joints, wrist joints, and the price.

I was going to put the one I liked less in alt mode with Soundwave and Reflector... But Jansen's alt mode doesn't fit together right and just looks janky... Even next to my Soundwave KO...

• Like Like x 6
  6. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know how this wasn't made super obvious in videos.....Janssen couldn't even stand unassisted and yet the reviewer was trying to convince us it was still a good figure.

Some people just have to learn the hard way!

:rolleyes: 

And oh, FAAANNNSSSTOOOYYYSSS!

I hope so, first impressions and all you know!

Just the first and hopefully the last.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

I had no idea what this was, so went looking. Seems it's an eHobby limited edition that came with some human character I've never heard of. Something tells me this would be one FT release that we wouldn't have to race to preorder, but it looks kinda cool.

Other Magnificus with Ga'mede (68) (Transformers, Collector's Edition Reissue, Destron) | Transformerland.com - Collector's Guide Toy Info

9. OstOgBajer

Really? Haven't seen any videos with issues standing. I know some people had the legs broken out of the box but mine isn't broken and stands just fine. Posted a few pictures with him in some awesome poses in the Jansen thread.

Well... Just got him back into bot mode again and ankles are loose... Forgot I had to tighten the screws there. And his right arm keeps getting super loose because the screw keeps backing out.

Ugh.

I am very critical of XTB and very selectively pick them up. I knew I'd be taking a chance with that purchase but wanted to give it a shot as I wanted two copies of Preceptor.

Not terribly happy with my decision right now but I also didn't want to pay twice the price for a second Tesla.

PXL_20220206_214557016~2.jpg PXL_20220206_215356772.MP~3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  10. arobichaud

arobichaud Optimus said booby. Tee hee hee

I have Tesla ordered. Coming this week. Already had Janssen. I will say going off your photos alone not knowing which was which I would have chosen Janssen. But I know fanstoys is always going to be more enjoyable to mess with.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OstOgBajer

I was going to give the XTB Springer a shot too, but at this point... I'm only going to consider XTB if there are no other options. I'm tired of giving them a shot and being disappointed.

I wish the MMC Defensor wasn't so short in combined mode because the XTB limb bots I got have left me super unimpressed. I really hope the combined mode is worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Right there with ya on all this. Only thing ill add is the defensor limb bots are decent. But thats at best. And really that opinion comes mainly from the fact that they havent broken yet. They arent exactly what id call impressive. More like good enough for now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OstOgBajer

Yeah... They're good enough to be placeholders in A-stances with nothing better to do than... look... Beige...

• Like Like x 2
  14. OstOgBajer

PXL_20220207_012112178~2.jpg PXL_20220207_011242966~2.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  15. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

That snow storm made for a very Long weekend

F24EB916-A057-491B-B171-EAE058D5E7DB.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Since everybody's doing comparison photos here's mine:

20220206_112832.jpg 20220206_155213.jpg

If I could change one thing about the FT one I'd make the blue more of a teal like this. I actually forgot the scope on the animated one extends too. Whoops!

• Like Like x 19
  17. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C0A00301-3D88-4FCC-8F8E-00FB39B30297.jpeg 4992AE8E-4307-425F-9900-3E06D24A19B2.jpeg BE3766F6-A9BE-4B66-B023-E59E898C0155.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Oh man, that animated perceptor! Looks incredible

animated jazz arms and jetfire legs, right? What else did you use?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shoundwave

Shoundwave Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the one with 2 IDW preceptor heads? One with a neutral face, and one with a "shocked" face?

It's either this one or this "jenson" figure. I considered making a 3rd party mp, shelf and I was hoping to start with him.

• Like Like x 1