FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Futureye

Futureye Challenge gravity all day, every day.

What the hell Fanstoys!? $220!? Ou, you gonna be kidding me? This price is outrageous! Ok, so we have seen this kind of business style before...Takara did it and now Fanstoys is trying to do it. First they gather bunch of collectors, who will be interest to buy the products what they are produce. And then they start to raise the price tags. At the same time they downside the quality of the products one step at the time. So old fashioned style. Come on Fanstoys...try to work out something new style to do business! Like i said, Takara did it and at the same time ”shot themselves in the leg”. Collectors should vote with their wallets. That is a way to resist price increases. At least i seriously consider not buying this figure. This is not funny anymore!

2. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I would like to know how much of the high price is due to shipping. (I suspect it is not insignificant.)

If a reissue happens two years later, it may very well be cheaper.

3. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Honestly $220 doesn’t seem too bad when you consider parts count, I mean he’s got 3 modes, is almost all painted, has lots of die cast (presumably), and probably has some of the classic fanstoys complex engineering.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    There's now 38 available...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

The pictures look amazing but they have yet to show the back kibble. In particular I want to know if he has the shuttle tail fin on his back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FightingRooster

FightingRooster Well-Known Member

the price states $0. Once they have the full price, would it automatically charge my bank?

7. paul5409

paul5409 Happy Member

I'm casting my outlier vote for a G1 toy deco release.

8. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    The deposit is $1.98 and is the only option you can choose currently. There's no fixed final price on there right now

9. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    According to a message dalianjj sent to someone the recommended retail price is not $220 but actually $125/$130. So that price is with massively inflated shipping attached.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    There was a conversation that retailers lost money on Sheridan due to shipping, am I misremembering that? So this could be an attempt to recoup past losses.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Futureye

Futureye Challenge gravity all day, every day.

Ok, thanks for that information...$130 sounds better...i hope that 130 tag is true...othervice this would be stupidly overpriced figure.

12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Lol yeah, at $220 for this FT can eat a bowl of candied armadillo ass. Taking into account FTs recent quality dips, and decline in basic articulation, I couldn’t see myself paying more than $130 for this guy.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    130 is too cheap for this onenimo. Apache was 150 which is a nice spot for these figures but Thomas comes with the rail road track flight stand which has to increase the cost somewhat. I was thinking 165 through 180 would have been good but looks like there are other factors with this price. Waiting on show.z to post their final price.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I say wait & see. There’s a chance the price might go down, or some retailer might undercut others.

15. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That would be a questionable move on their part!

I remember Gcreation costing $210 at retail price, and it was worth every penny!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  16. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

Why would retailers lower their price if it's selling out as is?

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Freight is a big factor in Cost of Goods. The local China retail price is somewhat irrelevant depending on how much retailers are paying for freight to NA.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

In the "Fans Toys release schedule thread", the Fans Toys representative said:
    So either he is lying directly to everyone's face (which I doubt, given how straightforward he's been in the past, and that this would be fairly easily verifiable by anyone on here who has any familiarity with the Chinese 3P Transformers fandom), or Fans Toys are not the ones driving up the price.

Since I read every day about how the entire global distribution chain - from international freight delivery to the US Postal Service - is getting hit extremely hard by the economic effect of the coronavirus pandemic, I think it's possible that the entire world being on fire might have something to do with the price hikes.

EDIT:
    It's relevant when we're getting our torches and pitchforks out. We need to know if we should be crucifying Fans Toys or the retailers.

• Like Like x 4
  19. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well dalianjj is the one whose stated between $125/$130. Obviously knows what fanstoys are setting as the price. Next thing we need to know and question is why the $220 was put up in the first place. What are the factors the retailer is taking into account to increase the price THAT much knowing that the RRP is $90 less.

What's worse now is people have jumped on that $220 at TCP I think and paid it. Which is exactly the kind of shit that will make retailers go 'ok whatever the price they'll pay it' and use that practice ongoing. I have to think to myself had this been any other company whose figure got such a hike by a retailer no one would bite. Because it's fanstoys people have bit. Interesting that and fascinates me, a glimpse into spending patterns of a lot of consumers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

I was hoping this would come in around $180 max, similar to Roadking/Maverick. $40 beyond that seems a bit 'fuck you pay me' in my opinion. Will be interesting to see how Baba and ShowZ price. If the $220 USA price sticks, I'm guessing they will be around $200

• Like Like x 1