FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    IMO this is the best looking thing FT has offered

2. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have to count that as suspension of disbelief & be flexible/realistic. Just like Galvs goes inside Cyclonus. All the Autobots except Prime can fit inside Cosmos and all fit inside Omega, how you accept the cassettes being 4 inches tall not the mini-Spike figures. So there is alot to access/unpackage on that negativity bc that makes everyone a hypocrite so no sense in relitigating make believe. Or the whole Soundwave, Blaster & especially MEGATRON gun accessory that came with MP-13. Is he human gun size or giant robot gun size?

We know in alot of G1 picts Astrotrain in robot mode stands as tall or a bit taller than Galvs or Megs.

If you want to re-inact that scene from the cartoon. Count me in: If someone made a model of alt-mode Astrotrain in his shuttle model (detachable panels playset type) where you can fit MP decepticons inside I would lose my mind. Also his train mode etc.

The closest we can get to that in a MP transformable robot would be 3rd Party MP BROADSIDE.

BROADSIDE IS COMBINER SIZE in the cartoon taking on Devastator twice and even bigger dropping his alt mode on his head.

So if Fans Toys came along and made the air craft carrier mode large enough to fit your seekers and Aerialbots just by partsforming in alt mode adding 2 8-15" attachable deck extensions on each side making it 25-31" long with pieces that would easily fit in the box.

I bought a 31" air craft carrier that came with 5 inch army men at Safeway for like 30 bucks with 2x 8" decks (been seen at Walgreens too).

If Fans Toys did that I would give them my lifes savings LOL! I don't care if they use ideas from a cheap model kids toy. Broadside is the coolest TRIPLECHANGER in my opinion who got the worse G1 vintage toy treatment LOL.

And Fans Toys can give us both looks for him also with different Toy heads (one of the toy heads resembles one of the cartoon heads).

• Like Like x 1
  3. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have to count that as suspension of disbelief & be flexible/realistic. Just like Galvs goes inside Cyclonus. All the Autobots except Prime can fit inside Cosmos and all fit inside Omega, how you accept the cassettes being 4 inches tall not the mini-Spike figures. So there is alot to access/unpackage on that negativity bc that makes everyone a hypocrite so no sense in relitigating make believe. Or the whole Soundwave, Blaster & especially MEGATRON gun accessory that came with MP-13. Is he human gun size or giant robot gun size?

We know in alot of G1 picts Astrotrain in robot mode stands as tall or a bit taller than Galvs or Megs.

If you want to re-inact that scene from the cartoon. Count me in: If someone made a model of alt-mode Astrotrain in his shuttle model (detachable panels playset type) where you can fit MP decepticons inside I would lose my mind. Also his train mode etc.

The closest we can get to that in a MP transformable robot would be 3rd Party MP BROADSIDE.

BROADSIDE IS COMBINER SIZE in the cartoon taking on Devastator twice and even bigger dropping his alt mode on his head.

So if Fans Toys came along and made the air craft carrier mode large enough to fit your seekers and Aerialbots just by partsforming in alt mode adding 2 8-15" attachable deck extensions on each side making it 25-31" long with pieces that would easily fit in the box.

I bought a 31" air craft carrier that came with 5 inch army men at Safeway for like 30 bucks with 2x 8" decks (been seen at Walgreens too).

If Fans Toys did that I would give them my lifes savings LOL! I don't care if they use ideas from a cheap model kids toy. Broadside is the coolest TRIPLECHANGER in my opinion who got the worse G1 vintage toy treatment LOL.

And Fans Toys can give us both looks for him also with different Toy heads (one of the toy heads resembles one of the cartoon heads).

4. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Late to the party but this figure looks amazing

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just put in my preorder deposit.

• Like Like x 2
  6. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

If they moved Thomas to the front of the line would you care that they pushed back their limb bots?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

I wouldn't and aerialbots are my favorite autobot team and childhood favorite g1 toy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I just need him to be the right size for FT Terminus Giganticus to grip AstroTrain in his orange claw. Then all will be right in the world.

:cool: 

• Like Like x 2
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not in the slightest. It wouldn't be the front of the line, though, as there are other figures further along. So long as Jabber still makes a 2019 release, and Chomp isn't delayed further, I'm all for the triple changers coming before more combiner team members.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Devastator03

Devastator03 Well-Known Member

Where are you ordering from?

11. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Taobao.com

12. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Ι see altmode size and mass shifting are still the stuff of nightmares of a fandome that cant accept basic principles of the tf worldbuilding.

No Astrotrain and Blastoff dont have to be Huge because of Skylinx been a shuttle. They can whatever size they are.
    Yes all the Decepticons can fit inside Astrotrain including combiners in combined mode.
    Yes Soundwave can fit a gazzilion cassettes in his chest.

All this can happen the same way Vader can break necks from a distance. You either take it or leave it.

• Like Like x 5
  13. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I almost forgot that I have a preorder for this

• Like Like x 1
  14. Digger

Digger Spreading peace, love and reasonable explanations

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I forgot this existed. Gosh why do I even watch these threads?

• Like Like x 1
  15. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

wat happened? someone announced this will be out by end of the yr?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Magnus Deacon

Magnus Deacon Demonic Prime

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Same here. Mine's on ShowZ tho.

17. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Soundwave turns into a tape deck. So he should be just taller than spike’s shin on a good day, right?
    (I can’t believe we’re having this conversation, but...)
    And given that there’s really only one space shuttle model, combaticon blast off should also be ft phoenix’s hieght, right?

Wait, wait... devy can’t fit inside Phoenix so he’s gonna need a supersized upgrade too...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

i caught 4 whoppers all right! :lol 

[​IMG]

should have waited a bit longer to see if i could catch anymore on my fishing line :lol 

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  19. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Ahhhh hahah. Ha. Haaaaaa
    I was quite surprised it was you to ask that lol. How dare you not use blue font?!

20. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Works for me. Roadking is the only combiner bot I intend to buy from them.

• Like Like x 1