FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Edgs2099 approved

If you get a Thomas for that price I will eat mine

• Like Like x 6
  2. Rubber John

Rubber John Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Minicon junkie

Ill keep that in mind. Its not the first time I've played the ebay lotto.

Y not?

I got a tracking number
    astrotrack1.png

LOL, I'll hold you to that!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Sideways

Captain Sideways Well-Known Member

I finally got a tracking update on my two, both on 17track and also an email from royal mail today that it has been posted. I've never had that email before despite RM delivering all of the things I order from show z, bombusbee etc. I'm definitely going to be looking at the idea of complaining about the seller sending the wrong item as I'd be very surprised if what I ordered it legit too. They provided the tracking number on the 23rd or so but it only started to update yesterday but at least it's updating.

2021-06-02 14:48

Zhengzhou City, has been handed over to the carrier transport

2021-06-02 11:53
    Zhengzhou City, leave Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center, next stop Zhengzhou International Mail Exchange Station

2021-06-02 09:30
    Zhengzhou City, Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center has been exported straight

2021-06-01 21:41
    Zhengzhou City, Arriving at Zhengzhou International Mail Processing Center

2021-06-01 20:53
    Zhengzhou City, leave Henan International Jinshui Business Department, next stop Zhengzhou City

2021-06-01 18:08
    Zhengzhou City, Henan International Jinshui Business Department has received and sent, recruiter: Li Shuo, tel: 17320110906

5. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    At least you have a phone number to prank call at 3am Chinese time if they screw you over...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Edgs2099 approved

I’m keeping my fingers crossed you get a loose 1794885F-D5DE-43E2-AA7A-7AD7BD6869EC.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Captain Sideways

Interestingly I picked up a Blurr off another seller over there who had good feedback, I got a second tracking number for it just now and..it is the same seller email as the Astrotrain etc. Guess we shouldn't be surprised there :D 

EDIT. It might actually be a second tracking number for either thomas/sheridan as initially they put the same number for both. The tracking for jabber is through a different shipping method.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xjsb125

xjsb125 Well-Known Member

Be prepared to get a small packet of jewelry. If you can find the weight of the package, you should get an idea if it's legit or not. I had a similar issue where I thought I had scored the TDW Volcanicus upgrade kit for a reasonable price from a rated seller, and got a small packet of cheap jewelry. I hope it turns out good for you though!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Captain Sideways

Ah man that sucks. I highly doubt what I've ordered from this seller is going to be legit either but hopefully ebay's buyer protection will come to the rescue if it is a jiffy bag with a lego figure in or whatever. Frustrating when you have so many decent stores from China like show z and the like, but ebay still gets the chinese scammers. And sure, the whole too good to be true is probably just that but I'm sure it's not just me that doesn't want to pay £230+ for an Astrotrain figure :D 

10. Destron1

Destron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be sure to record yourself opening the package just in case. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Captain Sideways

Good call there, I don't bother watching unboxing videos but the thought completely skipped my mind to do this whenever this dubious post comes. I have two tracking numbers, one went to Zhengzhou and the other to Shenzhen which is random considering they are meant to be from the same seller :D  no details on weight from what I can see, but different tracking apps show different info as usual

12. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That is if you get it. I had one that intentionally messed up a part of my address so it kept bouncing around in the USPS system and as long as it was moving to who knows where every few days, ebay would not let me start a claim because tracking is moving and we "have to give the seller the benefit of the doubt". It did all work out but drastically slowed down how quick I could have started a claim turning it into a 3 month process. What sucked was at the start when the seller went bad they were flooded with 30+ negative feedback, multiple claims, and I contacted USPS customer service and verified that what should have been a large box was only an envelope when they checked scans of the package and ebay still would do nothing till the tracking stopped moving. I even called back asking USPS if they could catch that parcel somewhere and just throw it away to stop it from moving, I knew they wouldn't, but I tried. Anyway, you'll be covered no matter what just a crap shoot on quick or long it will take.

13. Captain Sideways

Bloody hell, the stuff people do to make a quick buck. I keep checking the tracking for these two and both say they've now left china, but I don't know how quick china post is. The blurr is supposedly coming through Orange Connex whatever that is. I had an email from royal mail and paypal saying the second tracking (either astro or sheridan) had been posted whereas the first one was just ebay saying item dispatched. Fingers crossed something arrives as I don't fancy going through what you had to deal with. I'm curious how that other guy received confirmation of his dodgy astrotrain being posted

14. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    EE7C8EAC-5444-4198-816D-46E96BE9FACB.jpeg
    You know what they say when it looks too good to be true! Sorry friends! :( 

• Like Like x 3
  15. paul5409

paul5409 Happy Member

0_ZL0ExIPb9jPyU_K3.gif

• Like Like x 2
  16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The REAL Fanstoys masterpiece official :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  17. Captain Sideways

They could have at least added a 'super' to the group name, they aren't trying hard enough for an over the top laughable name :D 

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Hi all, This has probably been discussed or video reviewed as to the knees and other things of note, so please excuse redundancy in this post.
    I was not enjoying the posing of Ft-44 due to the knees and also unevenness. The bottom knee ratchet was almost impossible to move. I wanted it more like Sovereign's buttery knee ratchets.

On a skill level of difficulty of fixing this, I put it at a mere 2 out of 10 difficulty. All we need to do is remove three screws and slightly loosen the ratchet screw. No compressing of spring required etc etc.
    1. Simply take the screws out
    a. Outer shin.
    3.jpg
    b. Inner shin screws (Make sure you keep the screw sizes organized with the port they go in)
    4.jpg
    2. Now pull out the shin transformation joint so you have access to the inside of the shin. You are going to list the thigh upwards to get the knee joint out of the shin. You will only have to flex the plastic a little to get it in and out.
    2.jpg
    3. Now all you need to do is adjust the torque. Try it out before you put the knee back in the shin.
    5.jpg

4. Put it all back together.

Optional stuff.
    Some people don't fool with their bots too much out the box (OR EVEN TRANSFORM THEM!!?!?!) You don't want Astrotrain leaning forward and diving off the shelf etc. Get rid of the heel spur and transform properly to give the space choo-choo the flat footed-ness he deserves. I found the forward and back rocker of the foot to be a little easier than before, but this may have had little to do with it. I found the ankle tilts loosen up a bit after some back and forward instead of extreme stiffness.
    Feet.jpg

Now Pose that Space Train Bot! Enjoy the unhindered buttery clickiness of the FT Ratchets we all know and love.
    pose2.jpg pose.jpg

So a lot of us have the knee ratchet unevenness in one of the leg knees. I do, but I forget which on is the bum knee. Well I think this corrects it. You have a lot more options now in the way the way the legs are stretched / positioned.

equalsize.jpg
    You can easily fold the knee down into the shin easily which gives him that short and stout G1 Toy/Art look. Or if you like a more dynamic and taller look, straighten both knee joints. You will now have a hole in the leg/knee when looking at it from above, but who looks at Astrotrain from above besides Omega Supreme? Ft-44 is now standing flat a sturdy and ready to blast some Autobot scum.

Flat1.jpg Flat2.jpg Flat3.jpg

I of course wanted FT-44 for the G1 movie show, manga look. So don't forget to pull out those shoulder pylons. Also, pull that chest wing set OFF the chest for goodness sake. But don't lose it, because if you want to ever sell FT-44 to start an early retirement, you want it with him. I wish there was a place on his forearm to store it as a shield, but I found attaching it to the real tail fin in bot mode works well and gives him a splash of color from the rear.
    20210605_112745.jpg 20210605_112759.jpg

This is another FansToys work of art and fun to play with to boot. While I still love and own DX9 Chigurh for the more stylized look, I'm am so glad FT gave us the true G1 AstroTrain. If you haven't got one yet, get one at all costs if you are a Space Choo Choo fan.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  19. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Nice write up on this!;)  This is definitely on my to do list of bot work. It's like FT decided to apply tightness from complete opposite ends of the spectrum in my copy. The top ratchets at the thighs have just enough tension to do what they need to do but with a little touch can be knocked loose meanwhile the lower ratchets at the shins are so insanely tight that I can only move them while fully grasping legs and body for support and even then all the plastic parts make creaky cracky noises til it gives and when it does it sounds like a joint breaking not clicking, scary ridiculous I tell ya!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got one for $315 - best price I could find. I figured it was only going to get higher the longer I waited.

• Like Like x 2