FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think it'd cost much more than FansToys at this point? FT is steadily raising prices on everything and will catch up to TT sooner than later.

2. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Hi

News Credits:
    then they too can enjoy losing customers

• Like Like x 5
  3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^ Exactly I've already got my foot in the door as my TF budget is tapped out.

I've given up on BBTS, doubt I'll see this dude in my hands unless another reissue is done but who knows when that would actually happen.

4. Galiss

Galiss Such heroic nonsense...

Ebay:
    I'm with you on BBTS. The way this is going, would not be surprised if they cancel existing pre-orders, then mysteriously come up with stock a week later to sell at these crazy prices. I'm seriously about done with this hobby. Looks like greed is eventually going to kill the Masterpiece TFs market. Smh...

5. bradam

bradam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doing a 3rd version of a character and charging $450 for it is a high bar though..

6. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

An official MP Astrotrain would probably lead to a price dropping of Thomas to his original $200.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mike Witwicky

Mike Witwicky Member

It'd probably be closer to $300 than $200. I only want one definitive version of something like Astrotrain and Blitzwing...I bought the BadCube Sunsurge which I now regret because Takara wound up doing an official Sunstreaker.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Why would you think that? It's not new that they get their stock in WAY later than others. I can understand choosing to shop elsewhere for preorders if you manage to get an order in before it sells out, but BBTS is generally pretty reliable despite getting their shit last.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    I’m with you, it’s more about the carrier dropping it off than the source material. All the packages I get go into a 5 day quarantine in the garage. I don’t spray them down, but they do sit by themselves for a few days before being opened up. I’m in no rush, so the caution is worth it for me since I have someone at home “at risk”. Better safe than sorry, ya know?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hero

Hero Well-Known Member

I hear ya man. Wish i had covered space in my home where it can sit for awhile.

Then again....i don't know if i have your willpower....LOL.....if i had to pass by a stash of plastic crack everyday (like thomas...), i probably wouldn't be able to resist the temptation......strike that.....the evil eye from the missus might actually help....LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. twohip2

twohip2 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In my experience, BBTS would be 3-4 weeks behind the game (maybe I'm wrong on that?). This has been much longer, and amid all sorts of rumors with FT. I'm sure others have more knowledge as to how things work, but I find it difficult coming up for explanations as to how units from the same production run can be taking this much longer to ship, even with the propensity for Chinese-sent crates to occasionally find themselves in indefinite limbo.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

They got their Galvatron stock like 2 or 3 months later, too...but they got it. Last update I saw was it was on its way, and I'm sure they went with cheap (aka slow) shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    Oh believe me, I have a quarantine corner setup out there so they don’t stare me in the face all the time (if I can’t see them, they don’t really exist lol). Plus, it’s like Christmas ... once quarantine is over I have a stack of boxes to unpack without knowing who is in each one. There’s been more than one “shit I forgot I ordered that figure!” Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Don't bet on it.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Sounds like I'll go back to collecting Hot Toys then... same marketing plan.

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda like MP Hound caused the price of Willis to drop ..... NOT. Willis' price is now even higher than BEFORE MP Hound's release.

• Like Like x 2
  17. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly I've said it before, but I think it's the fans being ok getting fleeced on silly after market prices for fanstoys products that's caused this price rise. When pretty poor figures like lupus are getting flogged for 400/500 it's no wonder fanstoys took note. Throw covid in and it's a great time for them to also start getting in on the action. Personally I'm finding this price hike and scalping in the community of Thomas pretty disgraceful tbh.

I'd say that they already are at the TT level of pricing tbh.

• Like Like x 4
  18. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Hi

News Credits:
    He died to tell us to stay on topic

Has no one done a digibash yet of Thomas in his panda deco?

20. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Really? There have been a few around on European Ebay sites and in the second hand section of some retailers for around 140, 150€ in the past months. So...

Oh, I do. Only problem is I do not think TT will give us an Astrotrain that soon.