FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got him today. Nice hefty bot. Thus far I like him, but dont love him.

2. The brown note

The brown note Well-Known Member

I would give give this 10 likes if I could

• Like Like x 1
  3. Momobots

Momobots Eat my smoke!!

I see what you mean, if I bend the lower legs at the natural clicks, they don't align up perfectly, but there's enough "give" to align them back up?

Does it matter for the transformation? If not I can live with it for posing, wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200929180330416_COVER.jpg

4. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

I did find it made going into train mode a little more difficult when you close the main wheel panels up, but then i do like my alt modes perfectly aligned, but as you can see from my photos i got it done.

And i quite agree - its something i can live with given how good this figure is overall (particularly the materials/build quality), but i suppose i am hoping that fanstoys make an adjusted ratchet piece to fix. Other than this and a few minor nitpicks i think he is an amazing figure.

I will have to try the leg position you used tho, as it appears to clean up the issue a fair bit.

5. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

This may very well be my first pose for him! I change mine up every so often so this will be a good start. Most of my bots are in some sort of "action" / "dynamic" position. This will be a nice alteration on that trend... having him less in the "midst of battle" and more "calling for backup".

Nice!

• Like Like x 2
  6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I seriously cant tell when you are serious and when you are joking.... at least about the Zeta Toys Unicron or Spindrift 2.0...

Spindrift 2.0 looks absolutely amazing, i personally really want it if i can get my hands on it (him and Smokey are my top two desired from FT since they were shown in unpainted prototype form). Not sure he will make it on time for 2020, or at least for most. I think most will go with Thomas. He is that damn desired and wanted/needed by fans for MP scale. Spindrift 2.0? Probably not on their radar for super important must have or super hype to finally get (it is on mine though, hehehe...).

7. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Don’t sleep on nicee for figure of the year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Quick question for those that own him. If wanting the winged chest like the G1 toy, how does it affect the kibble in the back, especially for the back shuttle tail?

9. Roboconsumer

Roboconsumer Member

Paik has finally committed to doing a video review tonight:

• Like Like x 12
  10. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

Just got a shipping notice from The Chosen Prime. :-D

• Like Like x 1
  11. qemuel

qemuel It's a trick. Get an axe.

Me too! :) 

12. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    It's a separate clip on piece, doesn't affect anything in any other mode.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Meh, once they got rid of the Arcee head, Nicee may as well be a Go-Bot, Power Ranger, or any other rando transforming figure. Might be an awesome toy/figure, but not something I care about.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mozojozo

mozojozo Active Member

So I guess I have the ratchet issue. One side is slightly higher than the other, he leans slightly to the left if I put him with straight legs but you can adjust the knees to make it look normal. Thats why train mode was hard to tab it all snug. 20200929_134124.jpg

15. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Yeah, same issue. Tried to alter all possible joints to get them both the same but no joy.

It doesn't seem too bad though, mine stands fine and any miss alignment is barely noticeable.

16. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Praying that TFSource gets this guy in maybe by this week...

17. Conran

Conran Well-Known Member

Completely off topic but their Octane is one of my favourite figures. Got way more hate than it deserves, fantastically fun figure.

Oh also for those wondering, TFS apparently started shipping Monday, their likely still working through shipments. My Astrotrain arrived today from them but waiting until Mrs is in bed to crack it open.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I see myself getting Strato over Provider in a heartbeat, just not sure since I heard some bad QC surrounding him, also a horrible looking extra face to boot. Though I wouldn't be surprised if MMC or FT announce an Octane sooner or later considering how both of them have done more solid jobs with triple changers than the rest of 'em.

Wish I had some of the 3D modeling skills of some of the others on the boards, I can think of some ways I can put Stratotanker back in the running...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Iron dibot

Iron dibot Well-Known Member

Talk about self control! When I get a new figure in everything else gets put on hold because I need it open now! Food, the kids, the wife, everything. Pretty pathetic now that I think about it really...

• Like Like x 3
  20. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm the same way. Getting a transformer in the mail is like, the only time I'm ever giddy. It gets me through the days. My fam is only slightly jealous :p 

It's not like I don't have a life or anything, lol... Plastic crack... It's got a hold on me

• Like Like x 8